How do i stop messing up my diet?

Options
some one please give me the kick in the butt i need to get back on my diet. i was doing so good, lost 24 pounds in under 2 months. was watching my calories very well.now in the past few weeks, i've been eating like crazy, i am so hungry all the time. and i just keep screwing up my diet, and eating what i want. but now i've gained back at least 5 pounds. i keep saying tomorrow i'll start again. but no luck so far. again, tomorrow is the day i say i am gonna start getting seriously back on my diet. any tips or encouragement for sticking to my diet. ? thanks

Replies

• sassyt1206
    Options
    don't beat yourself up about it, i too did the same thing i fell off for 2 months and gained backed 13 lbs of the 36 i lost...i just one day decided i will start back tracking and not let my mistakes of my past cause me to wallow in guilt...i started with buying the food i needed to get back on track, having the right food in the house made it easier..

good luck in your journey
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Have you been logging the bad days as well as the good? That is really what keeps me honest.....along with my MFP friends looking at my diary .I don't want to disappoint. I want to try and set an example.
  • jebo1982
    jebo1982 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Why not start right now instead of waiting til tomorrow? Take a good look at what your eating. If it is a lot of processed food with no nutritional value, that could be why you are starving all the time. Or it could be hormone related, I eat like there is no tomorrow when its that time of month.
  • sunfyrejade
    sunfyrejade Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    When this happens to me, there is usually another reason behind it. Are you stressed? Did something change? The other thing is that 24 pounds in 2 months is pretty fast weight loss so you might be rebounding from that and may need to alter your calorie intake /plan of attack just because as you move through the process weight loss gets slower.

For example, if you were eating 1200 calories/day to achieve that 3 lbs/week loss your body might be starting to react to that and maybe you need to go to 1400/day for a 1 lb/week loss just to make it more sustainable (put in whatever your bmr numbers are...).
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    At some point you have to make the separation with this being a diet and start making this a lifestyle change... There is no quick fixes, short term diets, etc... You have to commit to this being the rest of your life.. Believe me when I say been there and done that... I have lost and gained more weight than many on here combined.. I weighed 240 lbs, in the 6th grade, weighed 160 lbs. in the 7th grade, by the time a graduated high school was 278 lbs (playing defensive end), came out of the service a year later at 209 lbs., over the next decade lost 70 lbs. twice and just 3 years ago was at 560 lbs. and am now at 249 lbs. My point is every single time (until this time) it was always a diet, I will lose the weight and go back to my old habits and then I would put on twice as much weight the next time... This time was it, that AHA moment that I came to realize I had to make a permanent change in my relationship with food and exercise... That is the best advice I can give... Best of Luck...
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    The goal of getting "back into" size zero jeans may never happen.
    You have had children since then. This can PERMANENTLY alter the width of your hip bones, and make it so you can never wear that size again.
    If you have a magic number in mind from before you had children, you may not be taking the difference between your "girl's body" and your new, older, "woman's body" into consideration.

If you are eating too little for your goal you may be sabotaging yourself unknowingly.
    What's your daily intake? Macros?
    Also, how tall are you?
    Make your diary public if you want serious advice tailored specifically to you, otherwise it will be generic and half-correct at best because without knowing your true story proper advice can not be given...
  • caegem
    caegem Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You are already SKINNY!! Good grief, I think 10 more lbs and you would look unhealthy!
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Start today. My best advice is to continue to track everything that you eat. Do not completely cut out treats from your diet, but monitor how many you have and eat them in moderation. Create a list of goals to keep you motivated. Did you really put in all that time and effort for 2 months to throw it all away now? No! It's okay to have a bad day- or even week, but the most important thing is to keep going. Don't quit. Every day is a new day.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Good advice so far. I just wanted to add that you should probably look at your protein intake and make sure you're getting about 100g a day...maybe even more if you're exercising a lot. Protein keeps you satisfied longer, helps build muscle, and if you're getting the right balance of protein and carbs, you'll be less likely to get that "starving" feeling. You should make your diary public so you can get more specific advice. 24 lbs in 2 months is too fast. No wonder you're "starving." Also don't look at it as a "diet." You need to make small changes you can live with for the rest of your life, not "starve" yourself now so you can get into a size 0, then go back to eating normally (or overeating because of the "starving") and gaining it all back and then some.