How to cut calories...

Options
Make your plate of food and then eat it in front of your child. If they are anything like my 3 year old they will help you eat it. lol

Replies

• AnnaMGP
    AnnaMGP Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yes ma'am! I hear ya. My 2 year old barely eats anything til you give up and let her down. Then it's "I wanna bite" and of course you're not gonna tell her no.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Lol

What if u don't have a child?
  • kariberi84
    kariberi84 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I always look at my son and tell him to eat his own food. He says he likes mine better... thats when I thank him for helping me. lol
  • kariberi84
    Options
    Lol

What if u don't have a child?

Borrow one?? lol
  • AnnaMGP
    AnnaMGP Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Put a small container in front of you and put a bite in for every two or three you take and save it for a snack for later?? :wink:
  • shirley0612
    Options
    lol
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Make your plate of food and then eat it in front of your child. If they are anything like my 3 year old they will help you eat it. lol

I hope this isn't a recurring act in your household. I can't stand it when children beg their parents for food.
  • FitGma63
    FitGma63 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started using a smaller plate, like a salad plate for all meals. It gets full looking very fast with smaller portions, and you can feel good when you clean your plate!
  • kariberi84
    Options

I hope this isn't a recurring act in your household. I can't stand it when children beg their parents for food.

Guess its a good thing you will never be around me or my child.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    If you don't have kids, a dog will work too! LoL.
  • casperuk
    casperuk Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Cut out bread a milk from your diet, if you are like me then that will drop 600 calories a day easy.

And adults dont need milk. In fact anyone over about 8 years old doesnt need milk.

ALso use a small plate for dinner. Makes you look like you have a big portion :)
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    If you don't have kids, a dog will work too! LoL.

^^ this :laugh:
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options

Ugh. People. I'm not sure how sharing your food with your child constitutes teaching them to "beg." Grasp stick firmly and remove from butt...
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options

Way to teach your child proper eating etiquette :-)
  • ronda870
    Options
    CasperUK is right...really no one over the age of 2 needs milk!
  • ronda870
    Options
    And getting your child to eat is more important when they are younger than manners. That can come later. I am sure the person that said that was not talking about a teenager!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    And getting your child to eat is more important when they are younger than manners. That can come later. I am sure the person that said that was not talking about a teenager!

she wasn't talking about "getting her child to eat" she was talking about reducing her own over-eating by eating in front of her child so that he/she begs for her food. Yeah, real smart.
  • eryka86
    eryka86 Posts: 80
    Options
    LOL. Sounds like my son
  • cbaac03
    cbaac03 Posts: 152
    Options
    My 2 year old too!!
  • cbaac03
    cbaac03 Posts: 152
    Options

Ugh. People. I'm not sure how sharing your food with your child constitutes teaching them to "beg." Grasp stick firmly and remove from butt...

^^YES, YES!