30 day shred vs ripped in 30

Options
GM! I just started ripped in 30 and am on day 3. I have completed 30 day shred a few times but have never ever been in pain like this from shred (the good pain where you know your muscles are being worked). I feel like I did when I tried boot camp a few years ago lol. Does this mean ripped is working my muscles better and I will get better results? Does anyone have a compare review of the two or results from ripped they would like to share? Thanks!

Replies

• PuggleLover
    PuggleLover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Well you just scared the *kitten* out of me... I am doing 30DS and order RI30... I was excited about trying it but 30DS killed me. WTH is the other one gonna do?!? Yikes!
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I agree--RI30 is a much tougher workout.
  • stacymercado
    stacymercado Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be scared. The after affects are just way more intense. I feel like it hits muscles I have never used which is good. The moves are actually easier to do the 30ds (minus the speedy cardio - which isnt hard just way more impact).
  • PuggleLover
    PuggleLover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Well that's one thing that makes me happier - less impact. I have had 4 knee surgeries and sometimes my knees are killing me after all the jumping and lunges. Plus my boobs are big and even with a straigh jacket to hold them down, it still is uncomfortable.

So that's good news... or at least something to look forward to besides near death experiences within the 20-minute video. :)
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely agree ripped in 30 is tougher, my muscles burn way more than 30ds but that is a good thing as I know it's going to work! My arms are feeling more defined everyday and my butt feels lifted too!
  • bii14
    bii14 Posts: 192
    Options
    just started 30DS today and i cant seem to catch my breath.. my hands are actually shaking as im typing.. but thats generally because im working out after a major gap and will get to it in time,, I was just wondering thou, how do you people log in the 30DS workout in the diaries? because there doesnt seem to be an entry for this program in the database.
  • sumirehana
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of Ripped in 30, and I've tried the 30-Day Shred, just 7 days in level 1 though. Comparing just the level 1s, RI30 is really tougher. I always feel out of breath and too drained to even stand up. My muscles are more sore than in 30DS too, but I like RI30 since it's pushing me harder. After 2 days of doing it, I can already feel my arms and thighs toning up.
  • hlinn01
    hlinn01 Posts: 36
    Options
    just started 30DS today and i cant seem to catch my breath.. my hands are actually shaking as im typing.. but thats generally because im working out after a major gap and will get to it in time,, I was just wondering thou, how do you people log in the 30DS workout in the diaries? because there doesnt seem to be an entry for this program in the database.
  • hlinn01
    hlinn01 Posts: 36
    Options
    You can enter this in as circuit training for 20 minutes. It will give you an amount of calories burned, or you can use this equation: Take 3.267 X your weight, and then divide by 3. This is how many calories you burn in this workout. I was given this information, and I was told you can find this equation on Jillian's web site.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I did all of 30 Day Shred and I'm now on week 3 of Ripped in 30. It is much tougher, I think. I was very sore my first week, too. I also found week 2 to be a bit hard on my wrists. We'll see how weeks 3 and 4 go...
  • bii14
    bii14 Posts: 192
    Options
    You can enter this in as circuit training for 20 minutes. It will give you an amount of calories burned, or you can use this equation: Take 3.267 X your weight, and then divide by 3. This is how many calories you burn in this workout. I was given this information, and I was told you can find this equation on Jillian's web site.

thanks alot. that seems appropriate, and i did add it as circuit training last night!
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    Well you just scared the *kitten* out of me... I am doing 30DS and order RI30... I was excited about trying it but 30DS killed me. WTH is the other one gonna do?!? Yikes!

RI30 is tougher but I like it better than 30DS. She only does each strength move for 30 seconds and I felt like a minute was tooooo long on some of the stuff. Don't worry about it either, do as much as you can every time you put in the DVD and you will get there. I can almost finish her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD now. It's a lot of intense cardio and it makes my asthma go nuts.
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Ok, so i did 30ds and lost 26 inches.. Does the ri30 results compare? Has any one seen results like that doing the ri30