Options
    I FOUND IT! Snapped a photo of the corner cieling of my office

spider-hell.jpg

I was laughing till I saw this......
  • wtfusernameisnttaken
    Options

spider-hell.jpg
    I'm sorry but my initial reaction to this photo was !#&^!*!&%@*^!$#!*^&%@$# mother of #!^~&*^$@~~ RUUUUUUUUUUN
  • DianeG213
    DianeG213 Posts: 253
    Options
    spidersdontfly.jpg
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

spider-hell.jpg

I hate you now.
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    okay - that spider is really from a quick google search.

:)
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    okay - that spider is really from a quick google search.

:)

I was going to say how the hell did you not see THAT? It was fishy lol
  • xxsuzexx
    xxsuzexx Posts: 34
    Options
    A fair few calories in that one !
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I used to live in an area with banana spiders. They might tell you those bast@rds aren't poisonous, but when you see a spider larger than your face, you really aren't waiting for the facts to emerge.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    A large glass and a piece of card...theyre my cure for spiders in the house or a quick yell to my son who has been my spider catcher since he was 3 years old. Hes got a bit wary over the years after being bitten by a few spiders but generally just scoops them up in his hands.
  • HealthyJess88
    HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I now must apologise for being amused by this post earlier. Karma paid me back by way of a large spider in my bedroom this evening, and NO SPRAY TO KILL IT WITH. Lucky there was a pot nearby to squash it with. UGH.

SO yes. Spiders are fricken terrifying.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options

spider-hell.jpg

I'm not scared of spiders usually. I can't sleep so reading threads and I know if I get to sleep i'll have nightmares about this! Lol. Totally different scale to UK spiders! X
  • penniemh
    penniemh Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    That picture of the huge spider with all the bitty ones had me LOL'ing...I didn't used to randomly kill bugs, but I've been bitten twice by the same sort of bug in the last two years. No idea what it is, everyone thinks it's spider(s), except my boss, who thinks it's tick(s). So now, they are all dead when I see them. I had a cat who'd carry them around in his mouth until either the wiggling or the hairy legs got to him then he stopped. The two I currently have are my 'ant and roach killers.'
    -pennie
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to find out I'm not the only person who relocates spiders and insects with the "glass and paper" method. The only insect that dies without pity in my house are mahogany wasps. They are the psychopaths of the insect world. They'll mess you up for looking at them cross eyed. Everyone else gets a ride outside. :bigsmile:
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    We had brown widows in Alabama. Ugh.

One morning I found a dead something just outside the front door. I used it to create a battle scene for my son's legos:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-KcANDV89SXc/UCBaCCnABNI/AAAAAAAAATY/LbDHMM6Pq14/s1600/killingbug.jpg

ba ha ha ha ha ha!!!
  • browneyedgirl7928
    browneyedgirl7928 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    You know my gut said not to continue reading this thread, but I did. Not good. That photo is terrifying!!

I'm all twitchy now and scanning my room for spiders and bugs. I'm scared of all bugs and spiders. I don't care how big or small they are. It's one of the main reasons why I haven't moved to a warmer climate. We don't have too many nasty bugs in South Dakota.

Today I was sitting in the truck with my dog with the windows down. All of a sudden a wasp lands like inches away from me and the dog's face. I start smacking it with my phone and thankfully it flew away. It's a miracle I didn't get stung, tick the wasp off, and the big miracle is that I actually tried to kill it myself. Usually, I whine and hope someone else comes to my rescue. That was it for a nice day for me. Turn the truck on and put the windows up. Never again! Ick!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! Of course I am! I almost went off the back of the treaddy!

Ooh! It's a sign! I'm 6'1" too!

:D

how YOU doin?

Oooh, I'm doing great... How you doin?

Only thing is it CAN'T be a sign for the following reasons...
    A) this is not fb or plentyoffish... So we are only allowed to log calories and exercise... ;)
    B) we would never work... At least one of us would need to be brave enough to kill a spider should one appear. We'd both be crying like babies in the corner! Lol
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! Of course I am! I almost went off the back of the treaddy!

Ooh! It's a sign! I'm 6'1" too!

how YOU doin?

Oooh, I'm doing great... How you doin?

Only thing is it CAN'T be a sign for the following reasons...
    A) this is not fb or plentyoffish... So we are only allowed to log calories and exercise... ;)
    B) we would never work... At least one of us would need to be brave enough to kill a spider should one appear. We'd both be crying like babies in the corner! Lol

I really am a certified spider killer...just ask my daughter...

• Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options

spider-hell.jpg

oh you did NOT.....damnit damnit... Darin...i'm never going to sleep now...

fothermucker....

UGH
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Just in time for the scary spider thread!

tumblr_m3u904JDyu1r7s38go1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m3u904JDyu1r7s38go3_1280.jpg

img]
  • LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Why oh why did I check this thread?

I was ready to head off to bed, but now I'm all full of the heebie jeebies and I KNOW I'll have nightmares.

And yes, those are fake spiders, that does not make them less creepy.

Gah