anyone ever used plentyoffish.com

Options

Replies

• AGGUK73
    AGGUK73 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My sis used POF for a while, but only ever met nutters or peeps with alot of baggage on there! :frown:
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    POF is sketchy, at best.
  • krim12
    krim12 Posts: 102
    Options
    All I ever get on there is old men asking if i like older men...sorry i cant date someone older than my dad...its creepy
  • klewlis
    klewlis Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    on okcupid one time I got an email from a guy in his 30's who has a wife in her 70's. He was looking for a "sister wife". I don't know what about my profile made him think I'd be interested. :laugh:
  • CurlyGurlie88
    Options
    It's funny that you mention that, because I met my fiance there! But I do have to tell you I was REALLY lucky to find him, because I had to go out of tons of dates where guys just wanted to hook up. I agree with you, I'm not a prude but I have standards and respect for myself. So good going girl!!! I would watch out for them there! Be strong! You'll find someone trust me! :)
  • shrimpboatcaptn13
    shrimpboatcaptn13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It's where I met my boyfriend. We have been dating for six months and now living together :)
  • conkle23
    conkle23 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have actually met some really cool genuine people went on some dates were still friends and still hang out! so its a hit and a miss really. Just weed through the pervs and catch the good guys or girls depending.
  • amyLhuff
    amyLhuff Posts: 102
    Options
    Met my husband on there after many dates with Perverts. We are happily married with a new baby! Good luck and have fun ;)
  • rvagnoni
    rvagnoni Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I was on there and had no luck.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Wow, this thread is making me want to give internet dating another try (just maybe not at POF!)

Lots of success stories, it seems.
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Just wondering. Is it a site for just hooking up? I have been on for about 4 days and out of the 20 guys I have spoke to, about half are already trying to take it far. I mean not wanting to get to know about each other, just wanting to move straight to the dirty stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a prude by any means. But I have it set that I'm looking for a relationship and not just hook ups. Just wondering other people's experiences.

My man and I celebrated our one year mark a month ago after meeting on POF. He went there to hook up, I went there to hook up...

The nice thing about POF is that you meet local people. POF has a reputation for being a hookup site, but it is not. We did not hook up, it took a year, and we are now in love. Go for it. If it feels wrong, it probably is.
  • As_Sweet_As_Pea
    As_Sweet_As_Pea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem with plenty of fish. Hell I have the same problem with most dating sites!! Good luck!!
  • tiffanysew
    Options
    I found my wonderful man on pof :love: :love:
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    From every single female i've known to use that site I have heard bad things. I did use it and met my ex of two years on there. But then again I am a male, and barely got any success on there.

Just reading even more from people who used it....*facepalm* my god...that site gives us males in general a really bad rap.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I think POF is good if you spend enough time sorting through those one-night-stand type guys (they're usually blatantly obvious about it).

I've met a few good guys off there - went on a few dates, but they just weren't for me.

So spend the time, sift through the muk, and it's possible to find someone decent on there.
  • CentralCaliCycling
    CentralCaliCycling Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Most of the people on POF are also on Match - of course most have been on there forever and since I am not with anyone I guess I have no room to criticise.
  • BeccaB45
    BeccaB45 Posts: 18
    Options
    WOW! That is terrible. I would suggest finding some womens groups and making friends with the ladies :smile: I'm new to this site and that is what (for the most part) I've done with no problems. Glad your here and happy to be your friend if you would like.
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    they are all cheap and almost all looking for booty calls :(
  • DistantJ
    DistantJ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I loved POF when I was single. Most fun ever! I also married someone I met on there and we now have a 19 month old daughter. And he doesn't care that having her made me fat. ;)
  • BeccaB45
    BeccaB45 Posts: 18
    Options
    Ummmm....duhhhh...(haha-I've been married to long)...I didn't realize what that site was. Just got it. Forget my last post. I thought you were referring to that problem on THIS site. Sorry