Hello There!!

Options
Hi there,

I'm Lisa, 27 and from London. Whilst I'm not really overweight (I don't look like what I weigh), when I stood on the scales at Christmas and weighed 11 stone I was horrified. I've never been light so even when I was around the 10 stone mark I looked really slim but right now, that weight for me is not acceptable and I feel podgy and unhappy. I had lost weight and then my friend asked me to be bridesmaid and I couldn't get in the size 10 so had to put a little weight on so the size 12 didn't slip down so much. But I got a bit carried away! So the wedding is in 10 days so I feel I can really start getting back the figure that I want. I go to the gym and am now counting the calories to try and really let me see what I eat (I only started yesterday and have already swapped the yummy white rolls for granary bread!!).

So that's me, I hope that I can do this and do it well.

Replies

• darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Best of luck Lisa ^_^
  • kimberlysoup
    Options
    HI there.. I'm KimBerly... I've decided to stop being overweight! So far<knocking on wood>, I have been doing a good job.
    I've walked everyday... somedays longer than others...
    I want to walk into any store and buy something right there, not to have to look for the "Plus" section.
    My husband adores me.... but I want to look good... I want his friends to say, Wow, he's got a hot wife!
    He is my best friend... I want to hike with my family and not get winded and pretend to be taking pictures just so I can catch my breath!
    I have 4 very active healthy kids... and I want to be able to keep up with them!!!
  • Fluffington
    Options
    Thanks Darkon

And hello Kimberley!! I know exactly what you mean about walking into the shops and just buying something. There are so many gorgeous clothes out there and I tend to put them on and think, oh god that looks awful with the random bulges that appear! So good luck on your weight loss :o)