starbucks??

Options
I LOVE Starbucks however stopped going there daily bc I was addicted. After months away I went today and got the mocha coconut frappe lite and it was amazing. What's your opinion on Starbucks and nutrition? If its lite (with no whip cream and non fat milk) would you drink it?

Replies

• mehaffeymk
    mehaffeymk Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I love me some starbucks caramel frappucino but the light version just isnt the same. its more icy and less creamy. its ok i guess, but it just isn't the same! and the whipped cream with the caramel drizzled on top is sooo yummy! i like to just get it for a treat! it's probably a good thing i wasn't addicted to it before though. that would be alot harder to deal with!
  • NicoleHernandezz
    Options
    Mmm yes I love lots of frappe's there so it is very hard, I wondered how bad they really are though. I see all the nutrition facts but was curious how others felt :)
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I get the grande skinny iced vanilla latte. Its hard to feel bad about it :P
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I will get a skinny latte, or a non fat cappuccino. I just love love love coffee and don't think life would be as good without it. If I want to cut calories but treat myself to Starbucks I will get a venti passion tea with no sweetener. 0 calories!
  • Anastasiasosa
    Anastasiasosa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I haven't had one in a while but I love their Chai Tea Lattes. Probably my daily allowance for fat and calories.
  • cosmicgirl64
    cosmicgirl64 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ive actually found that since I've been exercising and changing my eating habits that I haven't needed a coffee for about 3 months! I went from being a 2 cups a day girl down to nothing. Unless I have a huge day ahead of me or an interrupted sleep or something I havent really felt the need for caffeine. In saying that though, I still love caramel frappacinos!!! If I get one I go all out and go full fat with the cream on top and extra caramel drizzle ;) sometimes I'll even top it off with a piece of their caramel cheesecake! I try to keep just for treats though and always have to go for a jog after to get my calories back down ahah.. So worth it though!
  • michspor
    michspor Posts: 57
    Options
    I love iced white mocha's with no whip cream. The calories are horrendous. I got one today with non fat milk. I will have to see if that reduced the calories by much.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I go to Starbucks frequently. Their website is terrific for planning what to get w/out going crazy on calories. They have so many options that aren't too high in calories (and so many that are - so check the website!). My favorites are the skinny caramel macchiato, the shaken ice tea (unsweetened), or a skinny latte. A skinny frap now and again is delightful though...
  • suzibanshee
    suzibanshee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Delicious....BUT I've been getting tall iced coffees lately (black) and been lovin' it. 5 calories.
  • FitGma63
    FitGma63 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I too was addicted and had to decide to only go there on special occasions... Here's what I order: Grande, 2 pump, non-fat white chocolate mocha, no whip. As long as I exercise and know that I'll be consuming this, it's ok once in awhile!

They usually put 5 pumps of white chocolate in, so 2 pumps helps save a bit!
  • Zoggy3333
    Zoggy3333 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I used to drink Starbucks everyday, or close to it, until I realized (MFP) how many empty calories there were in the sugar drinks. Now I get a skinny latte 120 calories or just plain coffee with 2% milk.

I can think of much better things to use my calories on than this.

Works for me. Let me know if this helps.

Good luck in your weightloss goals!!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    No. Thankfully I'm not a coffee person... I do love hot chocolate though and I haven't had it it in months. Way too much sugar and empty calories... may be once I am more fit and can eat more calories than I can now I might have had one now and again.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I almost never go to Starbucks, but when I do, I get a non-fat latte.

I have a cheapie espresso machine at home. You can get one like it in Target for about $40 these days. Every morning I make myself a non-fat latte (or two) and sometimes I add those calorie free flavoring syrups just to change it up.

I consider most of Starbucks' drinks "dessert". And like most desserts, I'd enjoy them rarely.
  • SofiaJara
    Options
    For me a tall white mocha frappuchinos no whip is my weekend treat!
  • Sprmc47
    Sprmc47 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Try just black coffee. You get used to it and it gives you a jolt in the morning without feeling guilty!
  • swarla
    swarla Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I love the skinny iced caramel mocchiato when I want a treat. Otherwise I get a nonfat iced coffee, iced green or passion tea, or a nonfat latte.
  • NicoleHernandezz
    Options
    I am on top of the website lol only because I am also addicted to watching my calories. I hated using so many empty calories. My wife does make me a latte every morning from home with non fat milk but I realized how much I missed Starbucks when I slurped down mine today lol thanks everyone for the input :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Love the chai, hate the caloires!! This summer I've been on an iced coffee kick. I drink my hot coffee black (well, only at home, Sbux coffee is too strong to drink black, so I usually add some half & half), but my iced coffee needs cream and sugar. I usually order it black, and add my own sugar and half & half. My other favorite is the iced tea - love the black tea, black tea & lemonade (I get it unsweetened or with half the number of pumps), or passion tea lemonade. The teas aren't too bad on the cals (even with the lemonade) if you don't load them up with the syrups. :tongue:

Winter is another story - I love my pumpkin spice lattes, but found if I start the season with the non fat and no whip plan, I can stick with it. Get one regular one time, and it's hard to go back to light!
  • splashblob
    splashblob Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee so my usual drink there is Green Tea Frap, before I was trying to lose weight I had their grande size quite often with whip cream on top.:)

I didn't have that drink for almost a year now. However, if I had a chance, I'd try to buy their bistro food such as sandwich, pie and all as often as I can because their food, while may not as good as eating clean, they are at least seems to be better than Mcdonalds and seems to have an accurate nutritional data in their sites.
  • thinnnnnnner
    Options
    I'm a coffee addict, and I never used to pay attention to the calories in beverages, but now that I know some of my Starbucks favourites can run 700 cal, easily, I just make my coffees at home.

I'll get a chai soy latte every once and a while if I'm out with people, but I've gotten pretty good at making drinks at home which rival any Starbucks drink for waaaaay less calories.

My trick is stevia, unsweetened dark cocoa powders and extracts instead of syrups for flavours like mint, vanilla or almond. Oh and I got a frother for 5 dollars which actually works quite nicely with my super low cal almond milk.