ChaLEAN Extreme

Options

Replies

• jclguru
    jclguru Posts: 123
    Options
    I just did my first Burn 1 and 2. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I've never lifted weights
    like this before. I make Laylee(?) look like the worlds strongest woman :)

I'm surprised how much my heart rate goes up and the calories I burn doing Chalene's
    program. With hers, I'm in the mid-70's to low 80's. When I do free weights, I'm usually
    in the low 60's.

Doug
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I just did my first Burn 1 and 2. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I've never lifted weights
    like this before. I make Laylee(?) look like the worlds strongest woman :)

I'm surprised how much my heart rate goes up and the calories I burn doing Chalene's
    program. With hers, I'm in the mid-70's to low 80's. When I do free weights, I'm usually
    in the low 60's.

Doug

way to go doug!!! don't worry.. I made laylee look pretty strong as well...but now I'm lifting close to the same as Janelle! You'll work up to it...keep pushing yourself to the max and you'll be suprised at how much body fat you lose, as well as how strong you'll become!! Keep it up, you're doing great!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this thread! I'm starting day 1 tonight!

I've tried all sorts of diets to manage my weight, but none of them seem to be working anymore - not even weight watchers. So I decided to start over back in December and eat as clean as possible and simply track my meals, and add weights to my workout routine, which is something I've never really done before (other than a little light weight in aerobics).

We shall see! :glasses:
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    Hey brangwen and welcome! Awesome that you're starting tonight - I am on Day 1 of Week 3 today so we will be doing the same workout! I am a relatively OK eater but have been doing some research today looking for "clean" recipes. I am thinking I might stop by the local library and pick up the "Eat Clean Diet" book to get more of an idea.

I am thoroughly enjoying CE so far, hope you like it too!
  • immacookie
    Options
    Hey brangwen and welcome! Awesome that you're starting tonight - I am on Day 1 of Week 3 today so we will be doing the same workout! I am a relatively OK eater but have been doing some research today looking for "clean" recipes. I am thinking I might stop by the local library and pick up the "Eat Clean Diet" book to get more of an idea.

I am thoroughly enjoying CE so far, hope you like it too!

I'm very curious if I will like CE... I tried Turbo Jam awhile back and it just was NOT my thing, even though I had a couple of friends that just raved about TJ (thankfully I borrow these series before buying). I'm just not coordinated enough for all the aerobics stuff. LOL!

I bought the "Superfoods RX" book about a month ago and have been trying to incorporate more and more of the foods into my daily diet. So far I've only lost 1lb, but I figure that's not bad with the holidays in the mix there!
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    Yeah, I tried TJ as well but it felt like Chalene was leading a cheerleader's group! She is totally different in CE -- much more motivational but not too perky! I will have to look into Superfoods RX, the hard part now is trying to turn my boyfriend into a clean eater too so all those tasty treats aren't lying around taunting me all the time!

I also began the C25K last week and will be starting week 2 today. Have you done the first workout yet?

Let us know how it goes for you!
  • immacookie
    Options
    I'm re-starting C25K tomorrow... figured I would alternate between CE and C25K.

If that doesn't kick my butt I don't know what will :embarassed:
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    Good Morning!

I finally got some heavier weights last night and did Burn Circuit 1 with 15 lb. weights (for the lower body stuff)...wow! I feel great today.

Tonight is going to be day 1, week 2 of C25K, hope I can keep up!

Have a great day!
  • immacookie
    Options
    Well I made it through my first CE workout last night... I definitely need heavier weights (only have 5lb ones) - but I wanted to get a feel for things before I went out shopping to get an idea of what I need to buy. I'm slightly sore, in "interesting" places... probably all those squats. :embarassed:
    I must agree (so far) that Chalene is WAY less "cheerleader" and not so overly perky on CE than TJ, which is a GOOD thing. LOL!

I'm restarting C25K (day1 week1) tonight.

My plan (for now) is to alternate days with CE and C25K for a little variety. :bigsmile:
  • melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am ordering CE on Thursday. My biggest motivator (my hubby) is going to do it with me. I have never done Turbo Jam, but I saw the CE infomercial and went to beachbody.com. Reading the comments from MFP, I made my decision!!!!!
    I am so glad someone started a thread!!!! I will let you ladies know when I get it! Question...what is C25K????
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    Hey all -- day 1, week 2 of C25K for me last night. Didn't so well with eating but today I start with my clean eating ways! I started off the morning with steel cut oats and a tbls. of organic honey. I'm excited to see what sort of food possibilities this will bring on!
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Hey - funny I had'nt seen this thread before - I started CE on Jan 4th as well. This is my second time starting the program. I orginally started the program last summer but was having some issues with my neck post cervical fusion surgery which I'm not sure was caused by the program. I was also running heavy mileage at the time but was training for a half marathon and didn't want to give that up. Winter is a much better time for me to focus on strength training as I am usually stuck running on the treadmill.

I have been loving CE this time around although I'm being much more careful to protect my neck. I am doing modified push-ups and keeping any weight lifting above my head at a lighter weight.

One Question - because I'm a runner I have very strong legs. I have been using 20 - 25 lb weights for most squats and while my legs could keep going past 12 my elbows are ready to give in between 8 and 10. Anyone else having this problem?

Love all the discussion about clean eating as well - I'm working in the Eat for Health books by Dr. Fuhrman. Also a very clean eating plan. I was never a big fan of fruits but I'm now getting 3 servings a day and well on my way to the 6+ servings a veggies a day he recommends.
  • immacookie
    Options
    I am ordering CE on Thursday. My biggest motivator (my hubby) is going to do it with me. I have never done Turbo Jam, but I saw the CE infomercial and went to beachbody.com. Reading the comments from MFP, I made my decision!!!!!
    I am so glad someone started a thread!!!! I will let you ladies know when I get it! Question...what is C25K????

C25K is "couch to 5K"... a simple program that basically baby steps you up to jogging/running - like week 1 is 90 seconds of walking alternated with 60 seconds of jogging/running. http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
    There are all sorts of podcasts out there that people have created with audio "cues" on when to walk/jog.
    The thread we have going on MFP: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/73999-new-c25k-for-the-new-year
    (there may be more than that thread :flowerforyou: )
  • melissaovadare
    Options
    brangwen- thanks for clarifying....however, I don't belong to a gym yet. We are joining in the summer when my park district has the sign up specials (for a family they want $400 sign up fee---I don't think so lol)
    Maybe when I sign up, I will do that...I have always dreamed of becoming a runner, and defying the odds (my whole extended family including my parents have chronic knee problems)
  • rsharek
    Options
    :happy: Awesome workout!!! I commited to ChaLEANS workout DVD set last spring and saw fantastic results from it without a strict diet. Lost about 15 lbs. and felt fantastic and really toned for summer. Great idea to start it now and commit for the next three months... Thanks for the reminder blog on ChaLEANS. Starting this up again next week.
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    duffyzmom - Glad to have you join us, I would love love to hear from as many people doing the program so we can compare results! I only recently purchased heavier weights than I am used to (this is my first time doing any sort of weight training) and I also find that it is a bit hard on my elbows, but not hard enough to stop me before 12 reps...

I have to add as well that I have always been very impressed with running -- endurance isn't really my thing but my boyfriend and I just got a treadmill so I have been doing C25K and am hoping to run in a 5K around June!! I always dreamed of being a runner!

I will have to check out the Eat For Health books, at this point I am mostly doing research and trying to eat as clean as possible, but I have yet to make a personalized plan for myself - any input would be greatly appreciated!

rsharek - It's always motivating to hear from someone who has done the program and gotten good results! You're more than welcome to join us here when you do start up again.

brangwen - Hows it going with CE and C25K? I had a hard time with my run last night, but I finished it!

melissa - I wouldn't pay that much for a membership, that's ridiculous!!
  • melissaovadare
    Options
    ZeldaCat- I know, they have a lot of nerve! Everything is so expensive in the Chicago suburbs!
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    You're near Chi-Town?! I'm in Rockford!!
  • melissaovadare
    Options
    Get outta here! I live in Streamwood/Elgin border!!!! LOL, God what a small world! Yeah, the park district is Schaumburg, and everything is friggin expensive there!
  • immacookie
    Options
    I have to add as well that I have always been very impressed with running -- endurance isn't really my thing but my boyfriend and I just got a treadmill so I have been doing C25K and am hoping to run in a 5K around June!! I always dreamed of being a runner!

My best friend just finished her second marathon and she raves and raves about the C25K program... I'm not sure SHE started there, but then again she's been running for years and years but just within the last few got interested in marathons. :noway:
    brangwen - Hows it going with CE and C25K? I had a hard time with my run last night, but I finished it!

I restarted last night - back to day 1 of week 1. Tonight is Chalean night. LOL
    I REALLY need to figure out how to make my own C2K mixes with the cues - I found a site that tells you how, I just need to find the time. :bigsmile: