ChaLEAN Extreme

Options

Replies

• immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    brangwen- how goes the C25K? Are you doing CE as well?

I REALLY need to get back into CE.. I did most of the burn phase two different times (first time interrupted by the flu). Still trying to plug along at C25K, but life isn't cooperating.
    Just got back late last night from tending to some family issues out-of-state - I've eaten SO bad and had no workouts (except for walking airports for connecting flights) all week. I guess I'm just going to weigh tomorrow and hope I didn't gain too much. :ohwell:

Back on track with eating today and exercise tomorrow!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    brangwen- how goes the C25K? Are you doing CE as well?

I REALLY need to get back into CE.. I did most of the burn phase two different times (first time interrupted by the flu). Still trying to plug along at C25K, but life isn't cooperating.
    Just got back late last night from tending to some family issues out-of-state - I've eaten SO bad and had no workouts (except for walking airports for connecting flights) all week. I guess I'm just going to weigh tomorrow and hope I didn't gain too much. :ohwell:

Back on track with eating today and exercise tomorrow!

I was interrupted by the flu as well--not pretty! I decided I wasn't going to step on the scale for a few weeks because I know it ain't pretty!! I ate fairly well...because I didn't have much of an appetite during the week I was sick...but I didn't get my exercises in. I've been back on track with the exercises this week...but on the days I haven't got my exercises in, I've been way over on my calories...because I'm so hungry. Probably a result from working out. ugh...so I've gotta just get back into the groove. Its hard when you are sick and then leave town. We can get back on track!! :flowerforyou: Have a great weekend!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing this week? I just started week 4. I'm excited about moving on to the Push phase pretty soon! I finally broke down and bought a pair of 15s.. my arms are sore from working out with them yesterday!

I hope everyone is doing well.
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Can't really believe I'm in week 4 of the Lean phase - I'm still loving CX and actually the Lean phase is by far my favorite. I am doing an extra week of Lean phase before we head to Florida for spring break and then I will start the Lean for Life.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Hey Extremers!
    I've started the Lean for Life this week...it was so amazing to feel that sense of accomplishment after I finished the program. I am excited to continue to do lifting and doing the program. I'm kind of excited to see even more results as I continue...because I know that I will continue to get stronger and leaner as I continue to do this. Plus keep burning calories...my favorite part!

duffyzmom- have fun in Florida!! yippie!! The Lean phase was one of my favorites too. I loved the PUSH phase for the fact that she concentrated on isolating the muscle...but I loooooved the Lean phase for the core workout!!! I did the LEAN phase for an extra week as well!!

Blondie-- thats great you bought some more weights!! Its a great investment...and its great you are getting stronger! You'll definitely need those 15's in the PUSH phase! Have fun!!
  • sam4sure
    sam4sure Posts: 67
    Options
    Back to the 'weights' topic- - I'm taking a poll..................

what was the highest weight you used in the PUSH phase?

What was the highest weight you used in the LEAN phase? Did you decrease or increase or stay the same as the PUSH phase?
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options

What was the highest weight you used in the LEAN phase? Did you decrease or increase or stay the same as the PUSH phase?

During the PUSH phase Chalene focuses on just one muscle group. So, I was able to use 25 pounds for squats/lunges. And you only do 8 reps. So, the heaviest I used was 25 pounds.

On the LEAN phase Chalene combines arms & legs (for example: you do lunges & bicep curls at the same time), so I believe the highest set of weights I used on that phase was 15. But, I did decrease my weights a bit in the LEAN phase because of the higher reps. In the PUSH phase I really followed what Chalene said about going Heavy...it felt weird in the LEAN phase picking up slightly lighter weights, but it was necessary for me in order to fail at a higher rep set.

Hope that makes sense..... I don't have my worksheets in front of me...but I can let you know for sure.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Hi Extremers! I feel lonely on these boards...I'm always posting..haha!

Last night I did my first night in my "Lean for Life" routine...I did my first BURN phase since about 4 months ago. It was crazy, but so fun! I forgot how fun it was to incorporate arms/legs...and its slightly different than LEAN. But, I got a sweet workout in. I've improved a lot since the first time I did BURN. Yahoo!!! I love this program and I am excited to continue.... I like how Chalene says "This is burning, and I know FAT cannot exist in this type of environment"...or something like that. MMMmmmmm go away fat! I'm burning muscle now!!! I'm looking forward to seeing the results at the end of the summer.
  • sam4sure
    Options

During the PUSH phase Chalene focuses on just one muscle group. So, I was able to use 25 pounds for squats/lunges. And you only do 8 reps. So, the heaviest I used was 25 pounds.

On the LEAN phase Chalene combines arms & legs (for example: you do lunges & bicep curls at the same time), so I believe the highest set of weights I used on that phase was 15. But, I did decrease my weights a bit in the LEAN phase because of the higher reps. In the PUSH phase I really followed what Chalene said about going Heavy...it felt weird in the LEAN phase picking up slightly lighter weights, but it was necessary for me in order to fail at a higher rep set.

Hope that makes sense..... I don't have my worksheets in front of me...but I can let you know for sure.

Thanks for the advise. It completely makes sense what you are saying. I'm just hesitant to use such heavy weights so soon since I've been using 10 lbs max. I was thinking of increasing to 15 for now? Is that beneficial or should I def go up right away to lift really heavy to fail by the 8th rep? I did the 1st circuit last night and only had my 5 and 10 lbs and used 10 for everything...and many were easy so I know I need to increase, others esp the vlunge-I was struggling w/ 10 but 5s were to easy. Its hard trying to figure what weights to work with since u progress to heavier in the 1st 2 phases.
  • sam4sure
    Options

Thanks for the advise. It completely makes sense what you are saying. I'm just hesitant to use such heavy weights so soon since I've been using 10 lbs max. I was thinking of increasing to 15 for now? Is that beneficial or should I def go up right away to lift really heavy to fail by the 8th rep? I did the 1st circuit last night and only had my 5 and 10 lbs and used 10 for everything...and many were easy so I know I need to increase, others esp the vlunge-I was struggling w/ 10 but 5s were to easy. Its hard trying to figure what weights to work with since u progress to heavier in the 1st 2 phases.

Ok---- I got 20 lb'ers now...I am good to go with 5,10, and 20 lbs...will have to modify on some exercises but I am happy that I got the heavier weight. :)

Oh and I noticed on Push Phase circuit 2- you don't need to use anything heavier than 10-12.5 on all the moves whereas circuit 1 you do. I was surprised about that but glad because some of those moves were difficult to do in perfect form if not decreasing the weight.

It's official, I am addicted now... My fiance didn't believe I have progressed to be able to do any pushups with good form nor do different kinds now but I showed him! :o(
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I have SOOO fallen off the CE wagon :blushing:

I think I'm just going to focus on C25K for now and add in some CE workouts and TaeBo when I have time. I'll still say hi if you'll have me in the little club though. :sad:
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options

Ok---- I got 20 lb'ers now...I am good to go with 5,10, and 20 lbs...will have to modify on some exercises but I am happy that I got the heavier weight. :)

Oh and I noticed on Push Phase circuit 2- you don't need to use anything heavier than 10-12.5 on all the moves whereas circuit 1 you do. I was surprised about that but glad because some of those moves were difficult to do in perfect form if not decreasing the weight.

It's official, I am addicted now... My fiance didn't believe I have progressed to be able to do any pushups with good form nor do different kinds now but I showed him! :o(

Yay! You may want to look into getting 15's too..I know it stinks to have a lot of weights...but once you get into the PUSH phase you might realize you need them for rows, biceps...etc. It just depends on what it takes to get you to failure. I had the most success on the PUSH phase personally, I started to see a lot of definition in my arms!

I LOVE that I can do real pushups now!! Somedays I am spent and can only do 1/2 on my toes...but it feels sooo good!

Have you tried the Burn Intervals?
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    According to the schedule, today isn't an off day. I was going to take it off anyway, but then I decided I better do it and ended up working out. I'm proud of myself for that especially because I always work out in the morning and usually never even bother doing it in the evenings. I did the Burn Intervals today, and I always have trouble with the triceps part when it gets to doing them overhead. I always finish, but usually my arms are burning so bad I can't stand it! But finally today I got through them without the struggle. It still burned, but I didn't feel like my arms were gonna fall off! lol I don't know if using the 15s in my workouts this week helped or I'm finally stronger. Either way I'm happy!

Now I need to go buy some 20s too - and maybe some 12s. On some exercises 8s aren't enough while 15s seem like too much. My room is gonna be packed full of weights by the time I finish this! lol
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    According to the schedule, today isn't an off day. I was going to take it off anyway, but then I decided I better do it and ended up working out. I'm proud of myself for that especially because I always work out in the morning and usually never even bother doing it in the evenings. I did the Burn Intervals today, and I always have trouble with the triceps part when it gets to doing them overhead. I always finish, but usually my arms are burning so bad I can't stand it! But finally today I got through them without the struggle. It still burned, but I didn't feel like my arms were gonna fall off! lol I don't know if using the 15s in my workouts this week helped or I'm finally stronger. Either way I'm happy!

Now I need to go buy some 20s too - and maybe some 12s. On some exercises 8s aren't enough while 15s seem like too much. My room is gonna be packed full of weights by the time I finish this! lol

oh my heck! I totally know what you mean about the Triceps part of the Burn Intervals....OWWWWIE!! Chalene is talking and I'm literally yelling at the TV telling her to "shut up"! haha...I love her to death but she's KILLING ME!! When she lifts her arms overhead I am freaking out..haha.. This week my arms were so exhausted I had to drop one of the 5's down and just use one 5 pounder...lame..but I didn't want to stop! Oh man, my heart gets racing just thinking about that exercise..haha.. I lovE CE!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options

oh my heck! I totally know what you mean about the Triceps part of the Burn Intervals....OWWWWIE!! Chalene is talking and I'm literally yelling at the TV telling her to "shut up"! haha...I love her to death but she's KILLING ME!! When she lifts her arms overhead I am freaking out..haha.. This week my arms were so exhausted I had to drop one of the 5's down and just use one 5 pounder...lame..but I didn't want to stop! Oh man, my heart gets racing just thinking about that exercise..haha.. I lovE CE!
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Hey, i just started chalean etreme almost a month ago 3 days a week , and i also do insanity 6 days a week but i still have not lost any weight here are my stats:

26 yrs
    137 lbs
    1250 calories a day

wht am i doing wrong :sad:
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    Hey, i just started chalean etreme almost a month ago 3 days a week , and i also do insanity 6 days a week but i still have not lost any weight here are my stats:

26 yrs
    137 lbs
    1250 calories a day

wht am i doing wrong :sad:

My guess would be that you're not eating enough calories. Especially if you're not eating back any exercise calories.

I also forgot to mention earlier... since I started working out with the 15s this week, my arms have been sore. I haven't had sore arms in a LONG time.. (guess I should have upped my weights a long time ago.. lol) and the burn intervals helped get some of the soreness out. Thank goodness. I swear I think my muscles are bigger than they've ever been! I just need to get the layer of fat off so I can show them off!! I can't wait!
  • sam4sure
    Options

Yay! You may want to look into getting 15's too..I know it stinks to have a lot of weights...but once you get into the PUSH phase you might realize you need them for rows, biceps...etc. It just depends on what it takes to get you to failure. I had the most success on the PUSH phase personally, I started to see a lot of definition in my arms!

I LOVE that I can do real pushups now!! Somedays I am spent and can only do 1/2 on my toes...but it feels sooo good!

Have you tried the Burn Intervals?

OMG- yes I have tried the Burn Interval...actually did it last night and wowsers...the cardio isn't as hard as some of the muscle endurance...especially the overhead bicep lift. I also have done the burn it up and that one gets my heart rate really high and feel like there is not enough time inbetween circuits to catch your breathe. I've also do recharge and ab burner so far...all of the programs are great.

As for weights- I was thinking the same thing about the 15 lbs...we shall see...you are right it is such a pain and expensive to get more and more dumbbells but it will be worth it. :o)
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am a newbie to ChaLEAN and I will be starting on Monday. Soooo excited to have found this thread! I just bought the Eat Clean book as well. Thought that would go good with the workouts. :flowerforyou:
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Hey! I am a newbie to ChaLEAN and I will be starting on Monday. Soooo excited to have found this thread! I just bought the Eat Clean book as well. Thought that would go good with the workouts. :flowerforyou:

mshay-- -great to have you here!! The program is great and you will love the results!!