ChaLEAN Extreme

Options

Replies

• mmkovacich
    mmkovacich Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am in week 2 of the Push Phase. Those boots are funny but I like it that Chalean does not care!!!! I think this is a great workout. I am 6 weeks in and I really do look forward to my workouts. Im trying to decide what I will do next. I think I will be sad when Im done with all 3 phases.
    Melissa
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Oooooo...now I can't wait to get to the Push phase, just to see the boots! LOL Have to wait til next week though.
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Finishing up my last week of PUSH - I hate the boots but my husband thinks that they are HOT!

Just like finishing up the BURN - I am so looking forward to new talk. 4 weeks is about all I can take of the same voice over. Anyone else feel sorry for Janelle (What only 8lbs I'm surprised!) That is how I know they have to be sisters in real life.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Awww man now I wanna see the boots.... :laugh:
  • YogaRunner
    Options
    DuffyzMom - Ha ha (re your husband). i can't wait to find out what my husband thinks, as he is doing CLE too!
  • jenstalder
    Options
    starting week 3 of burn.. and looking forward to the new stage.. :happy:

I bought my new weights.. the ones that click so i dont have to have 6 different sizes laying around... LOL silly i know. :bigsmile:

Ready to go home and work it with her..

have a great day ladies.:flowerforyou:

Jen
  • sam4sure
    Options
    Thank Goodness its Friday!!! yaye!!!
    Last night I completed my custom round of Turbo Kick, and then did my LEAN circuit 2. Great workout, I was dying by the end. My husband does it with me---he loves it, he's already buff, but this program has given him some major muscle definition, and six pack abs! holla! And toward the end I was grunting and breathing heavy and he's behind me encouraging me as he's out of breath that I only have "2 more reps baby, you can do it"..haha.. he's cute. I love that he's encouraging, but not a drill sargent. My goal was to get up early this morning and get my run on...but after last night's power night I was out like a light. My body was not getting up at 5am...it wanted to rest. So, of course, I let it. Right after work I'm going to do some Turbo Kick! Have a great Friday ladies!

gmreber- thanks a lot for the advice! right now my pace is definitely not very speedy, especially on my 6 miles. I finish in about an hour. so, yeah i'm not very fast...but like you said right now I'm just trying to get the miles in. now that I'm up to about 6 miles I am going to work from now until July on gradually increasing my speed on that day. thanks for the suggestions on my weekday runs too! I am going to keep those lighter runs, and I'm definitely going to incorporate some interval/hill running. that sounds fun! definitely helps the time go by!

StrongResolve- way to go on the Burn Interval! That workout is by far, my hardest workout. Its even harder than my Saturday 6 mile run. Seriously, it is intense! It burns mega calories and gives me some great endurance so I love it! Don't sweat about not getting the Ab Burner in...I usually don't do that after the Burn Interval as I'm about ready to die.

brangwen- way to go on the shoveling girl! That is definltey a good cardio workout, especially 22 inches! holy smokes! I woke up this morning and saw some snow, and I was kind of hoping I would get snowed in today so I could just do some workouts and home and not have to come into work. But, no such luck. :)

duffyzmom- way to go on the push month girl!! I loved the PUSH month so much...I miss it dearly, haha. I am on the Lean phase, and as much as I love it...I miss the pure focus on just one muscle and really giving it your all. Keep it up!

I agree I did the burn interval last night and wowsers...it is a great plyometrics circuit training workout! I can see why the workout calendars have it on non- burn circuit days.
  • sam4sure
    Options
    starting week 3 of burn.. and looking forward to the new stage.. :happy:

I bought my new weights.. the ones that click so i dont have to have 6 different sizes laying around... LOL silly i know. :bigsmile:

Ready to go home and work it with her..

have a great day ladies.:flowerforyou:

Jen

Jen- what weights were they? Just curious?
  • jabba11
    jabba11 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi all thought id jump in this forum as I am doing Chalene X as well and actually started almost the same time as all of you. To date I have lost 17 pounds and feel great i bought the selectechs for me and my wife and while they are expensive they were defintely money well spent for this program. My wife is having great success as well i think she has lost like 20 pounds total now!! This is a great program and I plan to move into a round of P90 or P90x when I am finished. I am currently in week 4 of the push and doing my best to look forward to doing the lean. I have heard its the toughest but also has the most results..
  • YogaRunner
    Options
    Sounds good, Jabba11! Welcome. I did Burn Circuit 1 tonight (I'm on week 4) and my 10 year old daughter did it with me! It was fun! I've been thinking of what I might do when I'm done with CLE and P90X crossed my mind. Must admit I'm a little intimidated by it though.
  • melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Is anyone on the PUSH phase? I was just curious because I remember those boots Chalene wears..haha.. her style is so cute. I definitely can't pull it off. But, I love how she says "I'm probably going to regret these boots in 5 years"...my husband ALWAYS says "I already do". He thinks they are ugly...but hey- if I could look as good as Chalene does, I'd probably wear those funky workout boots..haha! Just a random thought.:bigsmile:

I think she'd look good in a potato sack! I think it's cool that her sister (in law?) is in the DVD's.....!
  • melissaovadare
    Options
    Hi all thought id jump in this forum as I am doing Chalene X as well and actually started almost the same time as all of you. To date I have lost 17 pounds and feel great i bought the selectechs for me and my wife and while they are expensive they were defintely money well spent for this program. My wife is having great success as well i think she has lost like 20 pounds total now!! This is a great program and I plan to move into a round of P90 or P90x when I am finished. I am currently in week 4 of the push and doing my best to look forward to doing the lean. I have heard its the toughest but also has the most results..

Wow that's great that you are doing it with your wife! My hubby is on board with me on CE, amd I can't wait to do P90x
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Finishing up my last week of PUSH - I hate the boots but my husband thinks that they are HOT!

Just like finishing up the BURN - I am so looking forward to new talk. 4 weeks is about all I can take of the same voice over. Anyone else feel sorry for Janelle (What only 8lbs I'm surprised!) That is how I know they have to be sisters in real life.

Haha... yeah, I agree you can tell Janelle & Chalene are sisters..haha! I thought the same thing about "What?!?! Only 8lbs? I'm suprised!" comment..haha.. poor Janelle. Janelle has been a part of Chalene's Business since she started Turbo Jam...and probably well before that came into production. I have a few workouts that Janelle is "in charge of" on Turbo Kick (Turbo Sport) and I love it...her workouts are sometimes more sporty than dance-y, which I need at times.

That is way funny your husband thinks the boots are hot! hahaha! I have this one video of Chalene's where she is wearing knee-high workout boots with black/white leopard print workout tights and a bright pink top. Even though its a little out-there...I had to admit she is HOTT! Haha!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hi Extremers!
    Last night was a good night. I felt powerful!! (wish they had a smiley face with some muscles...I'd insert it here) I did about 15 minutes of Turbo Kick to get me warmed up and then did LEAN circuit 3. I have to admit, I felt pretty smokin hot as I was doing the workout. I could feel my abs and I could see that my middle is a lot more lean & my stomach looks tighter...woo hoo. Now, by tighter I do not mean 6 pack by any means...but it has less flab. Someday I'll have a super sweet stomach. I increased my weights to 15 pounds on the overhead press...which I just about died. But, I reached failure at 12, and today I can barely feel my arms...but I know it was a good thing. 10 pounds wasn't getting me to failure.

Tonight I'm going to do some Turbo Kick and then the Burn If Off routine- that one burns a lot of calories in a short amount of time. It is insane! I might try some ab workouts as well. Its going to be a great night!!

Anyone suprised by how strong they are getting????? I couldn't believe I was doing 15 pounds on the overhead press.... When I started out with the program 8 pounds was a good weight for that exercise. Its so great! And I'm not getting "BIG", which is awesome....just a lean, mean, fighting machine! :bigsmile:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Kick - Definitely surprised in certain areas at how much I'm able to lift.

Melissa - Just finished my Burn Intervals (my favorite workout in CX) wondering how you enjoyed your first experience with it. Today I learned that the Burpees are more tolerable if you yell "I hate you Chalene" right at the TV before you start:laugh:

Okay now out to shovel snow for more exercise!
  • melissaovadare
    Options
    Kick - Definitely surprised in certain areas at how much I'm able to lift.

Melissa - Just finished my Burn Intervals (my favorite workout in CX) wondering how you enjoyed your first experience with it. Today I learned that the Burpees are more tolerable if you yell "I hate you Chalene" right at the TV before you start:laugh:

Okay now out to shovel snow for more exercise!

You know, I really liked them!!!!! I was NOT good at the bowler's lunge:frown: .....I finally got it the last two reps of the 2nd set LOL...

And the dead lifts are making my lower back hurt (I have alot of back pain after I had my son) but I know I will be stronger for it...

I have to say, no joke that I am not as sore as I thought, so maybe I can up my weights.....I feel kinda proud that I can lift more than I thought!!!!! Burn circuit 2 was def harder than 1, and my burn intervals are today SO EXCITED!!!

Yes, I HATE burpees :devil: , I used to give the dirtiest look to my instructor back when I went to the gym! That, and mountain climbers :mad: :angry: :explode: :grumble:
  • melissaovadare
    Options
    Hi Extremers!
    Last night was a good night. I felt powerful!! (wish they had a smiley face with some muscles...I'd insert it here) I did about 15 minutes of Turbo Kick to get me warmed up and then did LEAN circuit 3. I have to admit, I felt pretty smokin hot as I was doing the workout. I could feel my abs and I could see that my middle is a lot more lean & my stomach looks tighter...woo hoo. Now, by tighter I do not mean 6 pack by any means...but it has less flab. Someday I'll have a super sweet stomach. I increased my weights to 15 pounds on the overhead press...which I just about died. But, I reached failure at 12, and today I can barely feel my arms...but I know it was a good thing. 10 pounds wasn't getting me to failure.

Tonight I'm going to do some Turbo Kick and then the Burn If Off routine- that one burns a lot of calories in a short amount of time. It is insane! I might try some ab workouts as well. Its going to be a great night!!

Anyone suprised by how strong they are getting????? I couldn't believe I was doing 15 pounds on the overhead press.... When I started out with the program 8 pounds was a good weight for that exercise. Its so great! And I'm not getting "BIG", which is awesome....just a lean, mean, fighting machine! :bigsmile:

Good for you girl! I pulled out these pants I wore when I was 22, and 1. I can't believe I fit in them, and 2. I thought I was HUGE at a size 9 back then, and now I wish I was that size again!

I really think THIS IS IT...my life is changed.:smile: Having you ladies as support makes it more sweet!
  • immacookie
    Options
    Afternoon all. Snow is headed our way now (Philly)... it's been "snowing" all day but they say it's going to start accumulating this afternoon, tonight and tomorrow. We closed up the office so I'm "working" from home now. :laugh:

Did my DIY round of C25K last night (90 sec jog, 90 sec walk) - felt really good, but my hammies are burning today. :bigsmile:
  • immacookie
    Options
    Good for you girl! I pulled out these pants I wore when I was 22, and 1. I can't believe I fit in them, and 2. I thought I was HUGE at a size 9 back then, and now I wish I was that size again!

I really think THIS IS IT...my life is changed.:smile: Having you ladies as support makes it more sweet!

That is SO AWESOME!!! :flowerforyou: :love: :flowerforyou:

Isn't it funny how we hold on to those clothes? DH says "why do you have those, get rid of it if it doesn't fit"... men! :bigsmile:
  • melissaovadare
    Options
    Good Morning my Extremers! I did Burn Intervals and Ab Burner (well, half of it lol) and MAN it's no joke! I was DYING......those Sumo burpees:explode: OH BOY!

I can't wait until 2 wks from now when I say, "I thought that was hard, and look how much I can do now"..........