ChaLEAN Extreme

Options

Replies

• kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hi Extremers!
    I only have 2 days left of the LEAN phase and then I'm going to do my own little version of Lean for Life. I think it will be good for me, and I am excited to incorporate all of the workouts into my routine again. I have seen some great successes with the ChaLean Extreme program. I havne't seen as many great results in the LEAN phase for some reason. But, I do love it! I will have to go shopping soon because I have brushed out all of my "skinny clothes" and some of those are getting baggy!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    I'm finishing up Burn today and can't wait to get started on the Push phase!:smile: All of my pants are falling off me and even my pj's don't fit!:laugh: The scale hasn't changed much, but I'm not letting that phase me. It is very clear my body is changing. Keep up the great work everyone!

way to go on those pants falling off :) That is awesome! :bigsmile: I know what you mean about that darn scale...its not moving as much as I'd like to, but like you, I'm not letting it phase me. I figure once I have a body of muscle...The only thing to go will be pure fat. I'm getting an overall Fitness exam tomorrow (body fat %, VO2max, flexibility, etc) and I'm excited to see what my body fat % is so that I can work on that number, rather than that blasted scale!
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    way to go on those pants falling off :) That is awesome! :bigsmile: I know what you mean about that darn scale...its not moving as much as I'd like to, but like you, I'm not letting it phase me. I figure once I have a body of muscle...The only thing to go will be pure fat. I'm getting an overall Fitness exam tomorrow (body fat %, VO2max, flexibility, etc) and I'm excited to see what my body fat % is so that I can work on that number, rather than that blasted scale!
    [/quote]

Thanks! Hey, I've heard several people mention they are having exams like you describe. Where do you have something like that done? I know my gym doesn't offer it. Not that I would trust them with it anyhow, as I think the personal training there is a joke.:ohwell:
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Thanks! Hey, I've heard several people mention they are having exams like you describe. Where do you have something like that done? I know my gym doesn't offer it. Not that I would trust them with it anyhow, as I think the personal training there is a joke.:ohwell:

I'm actually getting mine done at the local college. They have a "Wellness & Fitness" center where they have students doing exams as part of their education & training. Its pretty great, and since it is for research and for their program, they have some great tools there. And its basically free! At the local college I am getting it done, they give me a huge packet that shows not only my results but what my results mean as well as what I could improve on. Pretty neat. Also, I heard on the local radio that one of the local clinics is doing a body fat testing exam. So, maybe you could get it done at your local clinic?
  • Jenna423
    Jenna423 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I started PUSH on Monday and go figure I'm so sick right now... I'm not too sure that I can make it through a work out... I loved the first work out though and my arms were nice and sore the next day. I hate to miss a workout already but I think it needs to happen.... :frown:

Good luck everyone! Try not to get sick, its no fun. :noway:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Kick: Congrats on making it through the whole program (almost) Can't wait to hear what your results are! When you say your own version of Lean for Life are you just going to move around the different workouts or what?

I'm loving the Lean Phase and was actually thinking I'd love to do the Lean Phase every couple of months because this is definitely my favorite phase.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I'm still chugging through C25K alternated with Burn Phase of CE..... I know I'm spending longer on the "phases" than what the schedule says, but I figure it can't hurt.
    Tomorrow is weigh day... no idea what the demon scale will say... BUT today I am wearing a fitted sweater that did not fit me comfortably last year! So regardless of what the scale says, I know there's something lost somewhere!! :bigsmile:
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Kick: Congrats on making it through the whole program (almost) Can't wait to hear what your results are! When you say your own version of Lean for Life are you just going to move around the different workouts or what?

I'm loving the Lean Phase and was actually thinking I'd love to do the Lean Phase every couple of months because this is definitely my favorite phase.

Duffyzmom- My plan for the Lean for Life is to alternate weeks instead of days. I have a good friend who did the program and alternated the workouts every day like the program guide indicates, but she found better success with alternating weeks (Week 1- Burn phase, Week 2- Push phase, Week 3- Lean phase....this repeated over and over again). I think this may be the better alternative for myself as well so that my body will think its getting used to the workout...and then I'll change up the rep amounts/weight amounts the following week. But, if it doesn't work...I'll be sure to let ya'll know. If I don't enjoy doing it that way...I'll switch back to the regular recommendations. :) I'm sad to be almost done with the Lean phase! It went by so fast!
  • chrissy7
    chrissy7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hi, I just got my cx today from ebay and only got the dvds! No books or anything else. Can someone please help me out and give me the workout schedule? This would be a HUGE help. I'm counting calories so don't really need the nutrition info but I really need to know when and what workouts to do on what days. Thanks so much, Christina
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    hi, I just got my cx today from ebay and only got the dvds! No books or anything else. Can someone please help me out and give me the workout schedule? This would be a HUGE help. I'm counting calories so don't really need the nutrition info but I really need to know when and what workouts to do on what days. Thanks so much, Christina

I messaged you the workout schedule. Have fun!! Good luck!
  • sam4sure
    sam4sure Posts: 67
    Options
    This week I've done:
    Mon- Burn Circuit 1 Week 2,Burn It Off, and Ab Burner
    Tues- Turbo Jam Cardio Party
    Wed- Burn Circuit 2 Week 2 and Recharge (did this even after bowling after work for Big Brothers/Big Sisters Event)

Tonight- might be rest day because I have to go to library and get books for some assignments due at the end of the week and haven't started.

Tomorrow- plan is to go to gym w/ FI and do cardio and weights
  • immacookie
    Options
    TGIF ladies (and guys)!!!! :bigsmile:
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Happy Weekend everyone! I just did Push Circuit 1 for the first time and used the band because I am out of town. I really liked it. But, I still prefer the weights. I like having a concrete number to write down and to aim to beat the next week. Do any of you use the bands regularly? Any tips you suggest when using them?
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    hi extremers! hope you are having a great weekend...

I am sick this weekend...so I've just been taking it easy. I tried to do some cardio this morning but my heart rate jumped really high. My resting HR was 120-- I have a slight fever...so I'm just taking it easy for the next few days until I'm back to normal. I think I'm going to "re-do" the last 2 weeks of LEAN because this week has been somewhat unproductive.

I can't wait to get back to normal workouts. I took my fitness test this last Thursday and I have a lot to improve- so I want to get back to the grind!!! Resting hard this weekend so that Monday can be a good hard workout day.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Hey is it ok if I join? I'm starting week 2 of the Burn Phase tomorrow! So far I really like this program, but I'm adding some cardio in because I was used to longer workouts and I feel better with more cardio. I haven't lost any weight yet though. How long did it take yall to start losing on this program?
  • jenstalder
    Options
    Hey is it ok if I join? I'm starting week 2 of the Burn Phase tomorrow! So far I really like this program, but I'm adding some cardio in because I was used to longer workouts and I feel better with more cardio. I haven't lost any weight yet though. How long did it take yall to start losing on this program?

I have just started the push phase and the scale doesnt show much but the clothes show alot. You wont see much on the scale but keep pushing...
    I too have added cardio afterwards. I do turbo jams after the strength with CE three days a week...good luck and keep going.
  • jenstalder
    Options

I messaged you the workout schedule. Have fun!! Good luck!

If yoou go to my site and join as a free member on the wowy workouts it will automatically put all your workouts in the calander for you.... it makes it really easy to do. plus everyday you log your workouts you enter into a drawing automatically. here is the site and just join as a free member...then go to wowy tab and on the left it will say workouts...puts all 90 days in for you and you can change stuff around if you need.
    hope it helps
    www.beachbodycoach.com/stalder
  • jenstalder
    Options
    took this entire weekend off was celebrating my birthday and got a little sick after going out so missed two days... now time to push back into it.

I missed it and so glad i have it waiting for me at home. At least i still had my shakeology to help me.
  • immacookie
    Options
    Happy Monday :grumble:

Had a very off diet weekend on Saturday :noway:

But it's supposed to be in the upper 50's all week here, so hopefully get some outside C25K in (my first time jogging in public :embarassed: )

To all that aren't feeling well - take care of yourselves and feel better!! :flowerforyou:
  • jabba11
    jabba11 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, first week of lean is over. I had lost three pounds last week but the weekend was not nice to my diet. Oh well today is another day! I must say that I dont find the lean phase as scarry or hard as some have said. Dont get me wrong it is difficult and you will bust your butt but you can do it if you remain focused. I really dont know how people do another 30-40 minutes of cardio a day on top. I can defintely see changes in my body physique etc so the program works if followed for sure. I had to adjust my days off to suit my schedule some and may need to adjust them again becasue doing two days of push ups about killed me!!