ChaLEAN Extreme

Options

Replies

• sam4sure
    Options
    Last night I did circuit 2 (week 1) and did the ab burner. Both went well. The only thing I truly struggled with were the push-ups. But as I've seen on the board and read elsewhere- it takes time to build up.

I am curious to know how high of weight did you start out with when doing the easier moves in circuit phase? Like when Chalene uses 17.5 or even 25 lb- what should I be using? I have gotten 15 lbs to start out with but did the reps for the most part -all 12 reps. I know the goal is to get muscle fatigue by 8-10 rep. I am using 5 lbs on the lower weight moves for right now, too.
  • melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Last night I did circuit 2 (week 1) and did the ab burner. Both went well. The only thing I truly struggled with were the push-ups. But as I've seen on the board and read elsewhere- it takes time to build up.

I am curious to know how high of weight did you start out with when doing the easier moves in circuit phase? Like when Chalene uses 17.5 or even 25 lb- what should I be using? I have gotten 15 lbs to start out with but did the reps for the most part -all 12 reps. I know the goal is to get muscle fatigue by 8-10 rep. I am using 5 lbs on the lower weight moves for right now, too.

For the Burn phase, the fatigue is between 10-12 reps, so if you are doing all 12, but feel like you are done, than it's perfect!

My back is much stronger than my arms, so I use 8lbs for my arms, and 10's for the back exercises.....For the cardio you are supposed to build up endurance, so the weights should be much lighter....I dont have smaller than 8's, so I use the band and it's effective for the cardio!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Good Morning my Extremers! I did Burn Intervals and Ab Burner (well, half of it lol) and MAN it's no joke! I was DYING......those Sumo burpees:explode: OH BOY!

I can't wait until 2 wks from now when I say, "I thought that was hard, and look how much I can do now"..........

oh my word..hahahaha.. SUMO BURPEES.... I have a love/hate relationship with those. When it comes up I first...get excited because I know its hardcore time...but then when I get to about 15 I am dying and I hate them...and push through them. They are crrrrrraaaazzzzzy! They make me feel good though, they definitely get the heart rate up there! The other night I was doing HALF DONE with the Sumo Burpees... and the maintenance guy at our apartment complex came to fix something in the bathroom. Ugh, so I answered the door dripping in sweat, and then I had to start them over to the very beginning... I guess I didn't HAVE to, but I wanted to get them all completed correctly. Dannng! The maintenance guy gave me a funny look when he left...probably because I was grunting and jumping in the livingroom. He's just jealous HE doesn't get to do Sumo Burpees..haha!
  • melissaovadare
    Options
    Good Morning my Extremers! I did Burn Intervals and Ab Burner (well, half of it lol) and MAN it's no joke! I was DYING......those Sumo burpees:explode: OH BOY!

I can't wait until 2 wks from now when I say, "I thought that was hard, and look how much I can do now"..........

oh my word..hahahaha.. SUMO BURPEES.... I have a love/hate relationship with those. When it comes up I first...get excited because I know its hardcore time...but then when I get to about 15 I am dying and I hate them...and push through them. They are crrrrrraaaazzzzzy! They make me feel good though, they definitely get the heart rate up there! The other night I was doing HALF DONE with the Sumo Burpees... and the maintenance guy at our apartment complex came to fix something in the bathroom. Ugh, so I answered the door dripping in sweat, and then I had to start them over to the very beginning... I guess I didn't HAVE to, but I wanted to get them all completed correctly. Dannng! The maintenance guy gave me a funny look when he left...probably because I was grunting and jumping in the livingroom. He's just jealous HE doesn't get to do Sumo Burpees..haha!

HEHEHEHE......After I was done working out yesterday, I couldn't find my dog, and she was laying in the dark on our bathroom rug.......I think she god scared that I was moaning and groaning and screaming at the TV LOL...............
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    HEHEHEHE......After I was done working out yesterday, I couldn't find my dog, and she was laying in the dark on our bathroom rug.......I think she god scared that I was moaning and groaning and screaming at the TV LOL...............

hahahaha :laugh: that is wayy too funny!

By the way, I think your username is hilarious...I was just posting on the "Whats your real name" post and I saw your explanation ....and pretty much died laughing! Love it!
  • melissaovadare
    Options

hahahaha :laugh: that is wayy too funny!

By the way, I think your username is hilarious...I was just posting on the "Whats your real name" post and I saw your explanation ....and pretty much died laughing! Love it!

:bigsmile: It's a pretty epic joke with us!!!!!
  • sam4sure
    Options

Correction: I am using 10 lbs (not 15 lbs) and 5 lbs in the circuit. Wow I just reread this and thought wow I'm using 15 lbs already then thought um no.
  • Jenna423
    Jenna423 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Started week 4 of Burn today... feels good to know that I'm actually sticking to it this time! I am scared for the Push phase though I have to admit...

kicklikeagirl - I think that too a lot of the time with Chalene and her talking! Lol, when she says things like, isn't this great? or You can do it, just push yourself, I'm like uh, no I can't right now and no this is NOT great. :laugh: But then after I like her again.. I really do love her too though.

Glad to see everyones moving on and succeeding!

Good luck this week! :flowerforyou:

So, how did you like the month? Did you move up in weight from Day 1???

Sorry I've been missing! I feel way out of the loop! To answer your question... I liked the Burn month but I haven't done the others yet to compare them so we'll see... And I definitely moved up in weight!!!! Especially my shoulders and my legs. :happy:

I did fall behind this week and go figure it was my last week of BURN. :mad: UGH, sometimes I don't know if its just better to move on or try to catch up... I feel like I'm always playing catch up. I'm starting to get discouraged with myself because I just have the hardest time sticking to my diet. But whats new. :embarassed:

And I just wanted to say HI to all the new people that joined us since I went missing for about a week! Good luck!

Hopefully I will get to stick around this week, (depends on my fiances work schedule, the only computer we have is his laptop that he has through work, and sometimes hes out of town all week :frown: ), so thats that, in case anyone was wondering why I come and go! I'd rather not go.. LOL :flowerforyou:
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm still around, just had a busy weekend... I had a big italian dinner (with wine :embarassed: ) sat night, but have been on track the rest of the weekend. Even broke out the TaeBo on Saturday for a change up. I also gave up coffee....:noway:

Hoping to see some real movement on the scale this week!
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Just finished my first Lean circuit! I liked it - I really hope it helps me shed some of this stubborn belly fat - I've lost inches everywhere but my waist and it is getting old. Of course with my body type I will probably end up losing inches from my chest way before the stubborn belly fat is gone :grumble:
  • immacookie
    Options
    Just finished my first Lean circuit! I liked it - I really hope it helps me shed some of this stubborn belly fat - I've lost inches everywhere but my waist and it is getting old. Of course with my body type I will probably end up losing inches from my chest way before the stubborn belly fat is gone :grumble:

Heh... yeah that's where I typically notice my weight loss first.... :tongue:
  • mommaof2
    mommaof2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I too am doing the Chalean Extreme. This is my last week of the Burn Phase. And after reading all these posts, I'm definitely looking forward to the Push Phase to see the boots! So far I've lost about 2.5 pounds, but do a lot of walking besides the workouts. I generally get 10,000 steps a day and since I have a desk job I generally need to walk or jog in order to get all the steps in. Nice to meet everyone!
  • sam4sure
    sam4sure Posts: 67
    Options
    On Friday night I spent time w/ FI and we went to gym- did all cardio only, elliptical-30 min, stairstepper (25 flights), treadmill-30 min. Typically we will lift but I wasn't feeling up to it. Then Saturday day off. Yesterday, did CE Burn interval and ab burner. I've done the burn interval twice now- it really makes me sweat and have to take time to catch my breathe inbetween circuits. Ab burner is tough but was surprised at how much I can do so far. Tonight-will do Burn Circuit 3 (still on week 1) and will see if I am up for some cardio after.
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I too am doing the Chalean Extreme. This is my last week of the Burn Phase. And after reading all these posts, I'm definitely looking forward to the Push Phase to see the boots! So far I've lost about 2.5 pounds, but do a lot of walking besides the workouts. I generally get 10,000 steps a day and since I have a desk job I generally need to walk or jog in order to get all the steps in. Nice to meet everyone!

I enjoyed the Burn phase but was ready to move on to Lean although I'll warn you - the first Lean Circuit - I was like who are the strangers - Where's Janell - where's skip? Good thing I can see them for Intervals and Burn it off.:laugh:
  • immacookie
    Options
    Morning peeps... how is everyone.

Supposed to be over 40deg in Philly again today - all the snow is slowly becoming a soggy, muddy, slushy, dirty mess. :smile:

Would like to start taking my C25K outside... but see above.... :grumble:
  • jenstalder
    Options
    been doing my CE and then kicking it up with some turbo cardio party mix for cardio.. talk about sleepy afterwards.. but oh how it will pay off..

ready to go home and start push phase tonight.. day 1 of push.. lord give me strength....:ohwell:
  • StrongResolve
    Options
    Hi all, good to see everyone is holding strong.

I realise now that I can no longer have 'rest' days. They get me so lazy! If I don't workout one day, I'll be tempted to skip my workout the next day. So I'll be doing some more workouts on my CLX rest days, hopefully. :tongue: I'm thinking of doing Banish Fat Boost Metabolism by Jillian Michaels. It's pretty long, though, so I'll se how that fits in to my schedule.

Did Burn Interval today, while my son was taking a nap. It was tough, but hopefully my stamina will pick up as the weeks go by. Even though I've been kinda inconsistent with my workouts the past two weeks, I managed to lose 2 pounds. I guess that's largely to do with the calorie counting, That motivates me to step up the game, as who knows what I would have lost if I had stuck to my routine. Ah, hopefully *this* time... :grumble:
  • jabba11
    jabba11 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    hi everyone just thougth id share that I started the lean phase yesterday. Wasnt real happy about bumping the workout to 45 minutes again but at the same time it wasnt as hard as i had feared. Wife and I also did measurements and since I began chalene x i have lost 21.4 pounds and 2 1/2 inches off my waist actaully added 1/4 inch to my arms and body fat is down 3 percent!! It really works and you need to stick with it. As with most my diet isn't always so clean but i do the best i can and dont give up.
  • mommaof2
    mommaof2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Jen- I'm going to be starting Push on Monday, so we can compare notes!
    Jabba11- Great job! Your results are exactly what Chalene claims. Men lose inches around their waists and gain in the arms in legs. Wish I could lose some of this stubborn belly fat!!!
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up Burn today and can't wait to get started on the Push phase!:smile: All of my pants are falling off me and even my pj's don't fit!:laugh: The scale hasn't changed much, but I'm not letting that phase me. It is very clear my body is changing. Keep up the great work everyone!