ChaLEAN Extreme

Options

Replies

• ZeldaCat
    Options
    I didn't know you could make mixes! I have been using one that is just the cues and putting on my own music but would love to make my own mix! Could you share the site?
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    Get outta here! I live in Streamwood/Elgin border!!!! LOL, God what a small world! Yeah, the park district is Schaumburg, and everything is friggin expensive there!

That's crazy! I'm about 40 minutes away from Schaumburg! I can imagine it's expensive in that area. I grew up in Rockford though right now I'm living and working Beloit, WI but I go to school in Rockford 3 nights a week.
  • melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    That's cool....My hubby travels for work, and he is in beloit alot!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I didn't know you could make mixes! I have been using one that is just the cues and putting on my own music but would love to make my own mix! Could you share the site?

http://www.creativexposurephoto.com/running/

I have not actually TRIED it yet... but it doesn't sound too hard... maybe a little time consuming :flowerforyou: :ohwell:
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    Burn Circuit 2 - done.

brangwen - thanks for the site, I will have to check it out tonight.
  • jclguru
    jclguru Posts: 123
    Options
    I'm starting my 2nd week. I love the Burn Circuits, but I love the aerobic dvd's even more. My favorites
    are the skaters and bowlers moves. My all time favorite is, if I remember right, the burpee? I call it
    the frog because thats what I feel like when I do it.

Has anyone noticed that Chalean will say 'lean with your left leg', but she's actually starting with
    her right? Maybe I'll send her some sneakers with left/right on them :)

If there's one thing I've discovered doing her dvd's, I'm a freaking klutz :)

Doug
  • CSnider
    CSnider Posts: 11
    Options
    I had the same problem. I am using 30lb weights for the squats, etc. and by the time I was through the 12 reps my arms were ready to pull out of the soccets!. There is a weighted strap that I have heard you can buy that goes around your shoulders that allows you to lift heavier, which takes the weight off your arms, and distributes it over your core. I still have not found it, but it would solve this problem. You will find that as your upper body gets stronger, you will be able to handle the heavier weights when doing your squats. This has been the case with myself. I am now finding that the 30lb. weights are not an issue with my arms anymore. All the best. Stick with the program. You will get amazing results.
    Chris
  • immacookie
    Options
    I was still a little sore last night, so I did the Ab burner and then a couple of 15 minute low impact aerobic vids I found on cable on-demand.

At least it's something! I've worked out 3 consecutive days this week. :bigsmile:

Tonight is C25K week 1 day 2.
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    Good Morning,

jclguru - I think maybe Chalene does the whole left foot/ right foot thing to make it easier for us...I know when I used to take dance classes, my teachers would do that so that it was easier for us to pick it up quicker..just a thought. I really love the burn circuits too, I have somewhat of a harder time with the cardio workouts, but I guess I just need to work on my endurance. I'm going to try the P90X with my boyfriend after this so I have a lot to work up to!

CSnider - Wow, 30 lb. weights sound ridiculous!! But it is certainly reassuring to hear that it gets better! Thanks

Unfortunately, I cannot do my workouts tonight - I am at work now but am leaving for school in a few hours and will be there all night :yawn:

Have a great day everyone!
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Burn Intervals day for me and let me you tell you I'm really starting to love the Burn Intervals and Burn It Off. Can't say I felt that way week 1 or week 2 :wink:

As a runner, let me say I've used the C25K with friends and family it is an a great learn to run program. It is very similar to the learn to run program I went through 4 years ago. The hardest part of becoming a runner is the the initial few months but then it gets in your blood and you become a crazy runner bundled up running in below freezing temps.:laugh:
  • melissaovadare
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I am FINALLY ordering my CE today....5-7 days cannot come sooner!!!!
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    Burn Intervals day for me and let me you tell you I'm really starting to love the Burn Intervals and Burn It Off. Can't say I felt that way week 1 or week 2 :wink:

As a runner, let me say I've used the C25K with friends and family it is an a great learn to run program. It is very similar to the learn to run program I went through 4 years ago. The hardest part of becoming a runner is the the initial few months but then it gets in your blood and you become a crazy runner bundled up running in below freezing temps.:laugh:

I can't wait until I start to love running!! I look forward to C25K now but it is still pretty easy, I think by week 3 it will start to get harder and that's when I'll need to really push myself!
    Good morning everyone! I am FINALLY ordering my CE today....5-7 days cannot come sooner!!!!

Congrats!!
  • melissaovadare
    Options
    Morning! I ordered my CE yesterday, and I am eagerly awaiting! I am going to wait unil I get my shipment to buy the weights...

I have been doing alot of searches on free weights (Craigslist, Ebay, ect...) MAN weights are EXPENSIVE!!! I always used weights at the gym, I have never owned my own set!

Does anyone know where I can get a set of weights for a good price????
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    Another place you MAY be able to get them free is from www.freecycle.org hopefully there's a group in your area. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    Another place you MAY be able to get them free is from www.freecycle.org hopefully there's a group in your area. Good luck! :flowerforyou:

Sweet, thanks! I have also been looking for some cheaper weights - it seems like everything I find is between $200-300 which is ridiculous!
  • melissaovadare
    Options

I just tried to register for a couple groups in my area, and I had to go through like 100 steps to join, and now they have to approve me lol...Like a mini Mob......
  • immacookie
    Options
    Try Craigslist too!
  • Jenna423
    Jenna423 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I am also doing CE! I started on Monday (1-18) and I'm so SORE! I ordered it last year and kind of lost my way for a while but I'm committed this time and I'm going strong. I LOVE Chalene but her cardio is nuts for me! But I burned over 800 calories doing the Burn Intervals last night! :-) I'm not following the nutritional guide but I am closely watching what I eat and the lables so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'll be checking back in but good luck in the meantime everyone!
  • melissaovadare
    Options
    Jenna423- welcome to our little group! I just ordered mine, but I am glad you started it!!! It's nice to have a group of supporters:wink:

So, what do you use to track calories burned? I am thinking of getting something.........
  • txcwgirl
    txcwgirl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I've had CE since it came out and have tried 3 times to start. I get a week into it and something derails me. Now that I have found you guys I will try it again. I have to make myself get up and workout M-F (that's the hard part). I have also been looking at the Selecttech weights since the highest my free weightsgo currently is 10 pounds and sometimes those arn't heavy enough. I won't follow the nutrition guide since I'm using MFP for my calorie tracking and most of the recieps I wouldn't make anyway.