not loosing weight

Options
I have been on the diet for 3 weeks, I have only lost 2 pounds, I have also been exercising and been below ot at my calorie intake,what am I doing wrong. I'm getting discouraged.

Replies

• khubbard1207
    khubbard1207 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You're actually not doing too bad. You are only 1 lb off. I know its discouraging but its better to lose it slowly. If you don't get in too much of a hurry it will be okay. How much are you below your calorie intake? Too low and you will go into starvation mode and your body will retain everything you eat.
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    Don't get discouraged loosing 2lbs in 3 weeks is great! Those are fat lbs just keep at it your body will let you lose as soon as you stop thinking about it. Keep working out and keep logging.
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    I just bumped something for you to read. Go right back to the very beginning. It explains everything. You are not eating enough calories. The thread is called 700 calories and not losing. It should be there right now in recent posts.
    Good luck.
  • Luciej
    Luciej Posts: 4
    Options
    I had the same problem. Kept a it. Depending on how much exercise you are doing muscle weighs more than fat. Keep at it don't get discouraged.
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Give it time. You are losing at a good rate since the suggested amount to lose is 1-2 lbs a week. Losing 1-2 lbs a week will give you a better approach not to gain it back. Also, it's great that you are exercising & most likely you are gaining muscle now. Just keep to eating healthy & keep exercising. The exercise will make you feel better in the long run also! Don't give up, it will start to come off!
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    If you are putting on muscle, you are going to gain weight before you lose it. Sometimes, you just have to ignore the scale. :happy:
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I have had the same results because I struggle to get in all of the daily calories. You need to be VERY close to your daily calorie goal and not under it each day AND drink water like it is going out of style. Anything less than the 8 glasses will also impact your scale results. Eat more to lose more!
  • tonilynnegonzales
    Options
    I TOTALLY feel your frustration. I have been "eating right" and working out for about 4 weeks now and have only lost 5 pounds.... I have been cutting back on the carbs and am DEFINATELY noticing a difference in the size of my belly. KEEP IT UP. Everytime I run I will think of you.
  • stacymac
    stacymac Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Losing weight slowly is key! Think about it as you are 5 pounds closer to your goal.
    For me, I've started to track my sugar intake; the less sugar I take in, the more I lose!
    Best of luck to you in you efforts. :)
  • caseybreunig
    caseybreunig Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I have been tracking and working out for 6 weeks now and I have only lost 2lbs. It's very discouraging...but I'm keeping at it. It's hard to stay motivated when you don't see results.
  • CJeffs
    CJeffs Posts: 7
    Options
    I am with you. I have been faithful about my Calories and I have been working out like crazy. I just had a baby so I wonder if I just need to get my metabolism back to where it was before baby. Even though its frusterating I know I can't stop what I am doing. But, I agree about the sugar. My next step is to eliminated all Refined Sugars from my Diet. I know thats hard but, it helped me tremendously with weight loss in the past.

Good luck and keep it up. It is definitely better than the alternate. Also, I keep thinking this is all fat
  • pamh5555
    pamh5555 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i think that the first 10lbs is the absolute hardest to lose. You body is slowly changing like it needs to. You have to eat at least 1200 calories per day. If you do a lot of exercise, you have to eat those calories as well. Try do little meals. You have to drink your water as well. The only way i can drink is with crystal light in it. Not everyone is a fan of the crystal light so you can also do fruit or lemon/lime in your water.

I found that i was always extremely hungary after working out when i had not drank enough water during the way to be hydrated. I also love a little snack (my reward for working out for more than 45 minutes) is 4 club crackers with the laughing cow lite garlic and herb cheese. It is the perfect snack since it is just about 100 calories for these.

Also try to eat the weight watchers zero point soup. I am not a fan of the receipe per see( I just add whatever vegetables i want, herbs tha i want, and vegetable stock). This is a great way to get veggies into your diet and not a lot of calories. I have that about an hour before i actually eat my lunch and dinner. I have a cup of soup about 12 and at 1 when it is my lunch time, i have a lite lunch and i actually also eat slower because I am not starving. I have a cup of soup as i start to cook dinner for my family so that when i sit down, I am not starving and I eat slower. Enjoy my food more as well.
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're at least eating some of those exercise cals back.. your body will think it's starving itself and save every bit of calorie your putting into your body.. Ways to add a few more cals would be introducing milk back into your diet (if you cut it out, as many of us do), nuts, granola, and peanut butter.. These things are healthy and they boost cals without having to eat a lot of it (your probably not hungry, so your not eating those cals and we're all trying to not eat when we're not hungry, right?) Good luck with your journey and keep your head up.. you're learning your body..:drinker:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    You guys.....it takes a good 4-6 weeks before you should really start to see some great changes happening to your body. People are so into the instant gratification thing and that's just not how healthy weightloss works......unfortunately. :grumble:

This is also why so many people start out with great intentions and then they stop within 2 weeks because they don't see anything happening. January, the gyms are PACKED with people........but what happens in February? They're dead again because people wanted the weightloss to happen in like 2 days.

GIVE IT TIME. DITCH THE SCALE. USE A MEASURING TAPE.:flowerforyou: