Hurricane Isaac

Options
well my Fellow MFP'ers... the next week may be a hectic one for I just got on a Standby Notice for Hurricane Maximum Protection.. Wish me luck... And for all my fellow Gulf Coast Residents- May God be with you and keep you all safe...

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Stay safe, so far we've been pretty quiet here, we still have tornado warnings but not very much rain, there is supposed to be another feeder band coming through in the next hour or so
    (I'm in Pinellas county, FL)
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    Pretty much all of the schools around here are closed today -- except for mine. But since driving in bad weather terrifies me, I think I'm just going to skip class and stay home while the last little bits of the storm pass by.
  • ihatemyself13
    Options
    I hope you and everyone in that area stay safe!
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Palm Beach County (Lake Worth) chiming in here.
    We got about 5 inches of rain and a few reported tornadoes.
    My house lost power from around 1:00 AM until sometime after 6:00 AM. Not too bad.
    I am not seeing much wind damage at all.
    Schools are closed but I am at work.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    well my Fellow MFP'ers... the next week may be a hectic one for I just got on a Standby Notice for Hurricane Maximum Protection.. Wish me luck... And for all my fellow Gulf Coast Residents- May God be with you and keep you all safe...
    My boyfriend is in Morgan City (Louisiana) right now & told me this AM that everyone east of there is being evacuated. He said they may make them leave later on, remains to be seen. Best wishes to you and the rest affected by Isaac.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I've got my fingers cross that Isaac stays a TS or at worst a Cat 1. Still not fun, but a whole lot better than it could be.

Batten the hatches and stay safe!
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Good luck and stay safe lyonsfool03.

Marion county is getting rain at the moment but nothing too serious. Stay safe everyone. Praying for those in Isaac's direct path. x
  • Cinnamon0603
    Cinnamon0603 Posts: 149 Member
    Options

First let me say, thank you for your service!!! You do what you do to keep people like me and my children safe.

Please stay safe in the storm, you and everyone that may or may not be affected will be in my thoughts.
  • Karebear_68
    Options
    Stay safe all!!! Praying for a weakened storm!! I have plans to go to Biloxi next Tuesday on my vacation, I hope it stays a tropical storm!!
  • virjenmarie
    virjenmarie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    We are still feeling issac in Miami. The wind gust are 30 mph an the rain is so bad an it was just a tropical storm for us Guys if your in the path of this storm please prepare because this storm is a mean one lots of people are without light an extremely flooded so take it serious Godbless and get out of the path now because its a bad one so please evacuate!!!! :(
  • LindaVas
    LindaVas Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thank you and stay safe!
    I am in South Mississippi and praying it does not turn into another Katrina!
    Saying prayers for everyone in the storms path.
  • lyonsfool03
    Options
    Thank you all.... All I know is God is great and I know being in his hands I have nothing to fear.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    On Saturday, we were supposed to get a direct hit. By last night, not so much. They're still talking possible tornadoes, but we're just getting the edge of it all.

The worst thing is the headache that's already starting. Grrr.
  • LindaVas
    LindaVas Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thank you all.... All I know is God is great and I know being in his hands I have nothing to fear.

Amen!
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm in Pinellas county, FL. We were supposed to get hit but now they are thinking maybe not. Every school in the area is closed. So far only some rain and wind.