Pizza!!

Options
grecogab90
grecogab90 Posts: 77 Member
What is everyone's healthy version of making your own pizza. I do love pizza but choose not to eat it becayse of it being very unhealthy. Anyone have a good recipe?

Replies

• heaven_sent28
    Options
    I think it depends on what your eating routine is right now. Are you doing low calorie? Low carb? This makes a difference when trying to find a 'healthier' pizza recipe.
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I love to make pita pizza's. I use a Balady brand pita (approx 120 cal). I then use salsa as my sauce, a ton of spinach to wilt down, with peppers, olives, tomatoes, mushrooms and tex mex shredded cheese. I think the cals on mine came out to around 400 - but if you only use 1 oz of cheese than it would be more like 300. Bake in oven until crispy. I usually do it at 425! Enjoy!
  • grecogab90
    grecogab90 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much looking for anything, my food varies sooo much throughout the wee. I get bored with the same old things. Sherisse I will definitely try that! :)
  • nortx
    nortx Posts: 130
    Options
    I make a gluten free and dairy free pizza for lunch all the time. I change up the toppings with leftovers or if there is something I am craving. Last week I made this with cooked, leftover asparagus in the shape of spokes with little bits of goat feta cheese sprinkled between each spoke. I can have a little goat cheese from time to time. Also make this with the baby sweet peppers that are out now that I roast, peel and toss with a bit of olive oil. Sorry no pictures of those. Here is a picture of the ones I make most often. Do try the the goat cheese and asparagus.. it is delish!

I have a step-by-step recipe with pictures on my MFP blog. It is the 5th recipe down.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/nortx

corntortillapizza2.jpg

Corn Tortilla Pizzas

Ingredients:

- 3 gluten free 6" gluten free corn tortillas (or use a larger one. I just think 3 seem like more)
    - 1/4 cup gluten free pasta sauce (I use the Prego Traditional brand)
    - Toppings like sliced mushrooms, sliced peppers, hot peppers, chopped onions, chopped garlic, shredded cheese, or add leftover chicken or steak
    - 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast (if you are dairy free)
    - Seasonings you would like such as Italian spice, garlic, parsley, onion, hot sauce

Preparation:

1. Preheat either toaster or conventional oven to 450 and cut up toppings and set aside
    2. Measure out sauce and nutritional yeast or cheese
    3. Place the three (or one large) corn tortilla in a toaster oven or conventional oven and bake until lightly browned - 3-5 minutes (watch carefully)
    4. Remove from oven and top with sauce, seasonings, topping and nutritional yeast or shredded cheeses
    5. Bake an additional 3-5 minutes, or until the toppings are softened and cheeses or nutritional yeast are melted into the toppings
    6. Remove and enjoy!

Three of these pizzas are about 200 calories!
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza every now and again...........none of that diet shlt either.
  • tnladyvol
    Options
    bump
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    What exactly is so unhealthy about pizza?......Let me guess its a dirty food, i find if you rinse the dirty foods they clean up and you can eat them