wow

Options
i like this site but i wanted to be able to talk and chat with people and get answers and stuff, i msged well over 10 people when i sighned up maybe a week or so ago and only 1 person answer me back?

Replies

• flyingpurplemonkey
    flyingpurplemonkey Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want! I'm on here everyday, and will always try to help, and answer any questions
  • bthumudo
    bthumudo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me if you like.
  • MSmooth747
    MSmooth747 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    add me, I'll respond back
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    They might not have answered for a few reasons:
    1. They might be busy
    2. Since they don't know you, they might have just ignored it.
    3. Since you don't have a picture, they might think you aren't a legit profile.
    4. They might have had no knowledge on the questions you were asking
    5. They might have every intention of replying, but just haven't done it yet.

Just a few things that are possible, but don't get discouraged. Start posting on the forums and asking questions, while not everything will get answered, I have noticed people are pretty good at supporting other people. :smile:

You can add me if you would like.
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Had a similar experience, but have found some fantastic and super supportive people since. Add me if you would like, we are all in this together.
  • mmotherh
    Options
    You can add me. I don't participate in very many of the threads but I will try and answer questions or give you direction to finding the answer and give you support when needed.
  • Absref71
    Absref71 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    There are loads of amazingly supportive people on this site, you just got unlucky with the people you msged, most ppl will reply if they are active on here and are happy to help. If u need any advice on something I know about I'd be happy to help
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    Any weight loss site will have large amounts of turnover and people who sign up, all gung ho, then disappear. It takes some time and giving support to others to build a solid friend base.

When I get messages or friend requests from people who haven't filled out their profile yet, I tend to wonder how legitimate the person is, so you may want to invest in your profile and help others to get to know you too.
  • RIFalacho
    Options
    Hello guys,
    This is my first day using this amazing forum and the first time i am using the iPad app.
    I had a lot of questions but i have been reading a lot and could figure almost everything out. However, one question still remains...
    Apart from working out at the gym, i also use a neuromuscular stimulation device to work my abs, pecs and other muscles. It works really well and the results are great. The question is... i tried to add that kind of exercise on the "Strength" exercises on the iPad app but, obviously, it doesn't appear on the list... Is there a way to add it? If i can add it manually, how do i know how many cals it burns etc etc?
    I know it is a hard question ... but i only bother you with this because i couldn't find the answer even after looking all over the web.
    Thx for reading and for the patience.
    Hugs
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you need to fill out some profile information so people know who they are friending. Photos help too ~ even if its a photo of your dog. There are some spammers and trolls and unless you are sending a note along (and sometimes, even with) you aren't going to have much luck there, babe.
  • scowil03xx
    scowil03xx Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I also at least check in daily and will reply, though it may take me a day or two. Feel free to add me.
  • danne32339
    danne32339 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear that you only got one reply. This really is a great site. I think we all need friends and support to make it.
    Good luck and God bless. I sent you a friend request.
    Doni
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    :cry: Sorry :ohwell:
  • sockablooie
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I always like a good chit-chat or to throw some motivation towards anyone in need!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    What were you selling?
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm on here daily. :) I am full of advice, support and I'm a bit of a smart *kitten* just to warn yah! :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Some people are hesitant to add new people when they haven't uploaded a profile pic or filled out there profile. We get a lot of trolls that make dummy accounts just to harass people. That could be why.
  • MyTime1207
    MyTime1207 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Let's see, I just requested you :)
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    you can add me ,for support.
  • staceface519
    Options
    some people, if u read their profiles, are only here for themselves and not to help others. . . generally if u surf the forums u can find new people like yourself that are in the same situation.