Best things I've seen/read in dating profiles

Options

Replies

• kansasbelle
    kansasbelle Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I just want the 50 year old cowboys to go away... or the 30 somethign male sluts to go away also. AGGGG
  • cassavaca
    cassavaca Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    i always loved the guys who appear so into finding out all about you...and then send/share a photo of their "junk" or whip it out after meeting for 30 minutes.

*sigh* those were the good ole days...NOT.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    a friend showed me a profile of a guy who wrote: "I am very intellaganent."

Ha- you sure are, buddy.

Hahaha... Yeah I have seen my share of 'winners' whilst on dating sites. I met my husband off of OKC so I guess one of us had a decent profile.

I have seen some profiles listed as seeking NSA relationships, when mine was clearly looking for something more, but they'd still waste their time and mine messaging me. Best advice for online dating profiles? Keep it simple and honest, don't give away too much information... less truly is more. Oh and use recent pictures! Within the last 6 months recent!

The best messages I would get were 45+ year old men.... REALLY? I clearly stated my age range was no older than 30. If you're old enough to be my dad it isn't going to work out, sorry! (I am 22 now, I was 19/20 at the time).
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    They also want a "real" woman that is kind, loyal, nice, ... funny I meet all those qualities, but I never hear back from them when I email them... and they don't seem to be knocking down my door (one that did respond asked me how much I weighed, turns out his "real" woman is a size -4 supermodel...)
    i just get the jump backs (such scary photos, you jump back from the screen) Last night's "gem" looks like Charles Manson without the swastika on his forehead! Other than that, it's just crude comments or my all time favorite "hi", "hey" or the creme ala creme "hay"

Yup! These two scenarios adequately sum up my experience with online dating. $60, three months, and countless wasted hours later, I had nothing to show for the experience.
    All the men's profiles are boring...outdoorsy, hunt, fish, camp, me Tarzan you Jane!

honest to god. .i think they are all duking it out over the one single woman on the planet who is into that. And lets face it.. she doesn't need online dating!

Actually, I am pretty much this girl, but I still can't get any responses. I'm not sure if it's due to the fact that I don't look like Megan Fox in addition to having these other qualities, or if it's because I come across as "one of the guys".
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    2d7c8rs.jpg

Haha...an I like chesse burgers an chesse burgers an sonic an fast food places an fancy places! Bahahaha! I am DYING!!!!
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    2d7c8rs.jpg

Haha...an I like chesse burgers an chesse burgers an sonic an fast food places an fancy places! Bahahaha! I am DYING!!!!

LMAO....Sonic...very classy!! He knows how to treat his lady!!
  • Jen_Jennings
    Jen_Jennings Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    2d7c8rs.jpg

Oh my! Where do you even begin on this one? Oh my! Boooo :huh:
  • Jen_Jennings
    Jen_Jennings Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I once read a guy's profile that said "I'm just looking for a local f***k buddy"..............well.....points for honesty? :huh:

I think design guy knows of a gal that might be interested in hooking up with that guy :devil:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    My experience from 13 years ago: www.waytoopersonal.com

I don't think anything's really changed. :laugh:
  • Twidget12
    Options

9. I only date bald men. (I wasn't sure if she meant upstairs or downstairs, so I emailed her for clarification). :)

Epic! lol
  • KJoy7
    KJoy7 Posts: 246
    Options
    Dating Nightmare #37

I once had a guy ask me out on a site ... he picked to meet at a local bar . We meet everythings ok... we walk up to the bar I order a blue moon, he orders a coke. I must have gave him a "look" he said, oh I don't drink. So, I asked why didn't you want to meet at bar then?? he said because I want you to get drunk!!! WTF! Creeper. I left.
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options

9. I only date bald men. (I wasn't sure if she meant upstairs or downstairs, so I emailed her for clarification). :)

Epic! lol

Well, it was confusing, so I had to ask.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    2d7c8rs.jpg

This one was too funny, but I think I laughed the most at the "i'm not a molester" one. It reminded me of that one episode of "It's Always Sunny"

Obviously he isn't...
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Been married 22 years so there was no Internet or sites. Some of the young guys I work with have shown me some ads though and they are Hilarious! I saw a pattern that was scary.But this one burned in my brain!

22yr old BBW (I had to have this one explained to me, it means Big Beautiful Woman, there was a pic and she was 5' tall by 5' wide ummmm ok)

3kids, Aint looking for a man to pay my bills (of course not you have 3 child support checks)

must be HONEST GOT A JOB AND DON'T CHEAT(a lil angry maybe)

MUST be Tall & in shape, no slobs! ( ok but can I be a BBM? I mean if it works for you)
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Dating Nightmare #37

I once had a guy ask me out on a site ... he picked to meet at a local bar . We meet everythings ok... we walk up to the bar I order a blue moon, he orders a coke. I must have gave him a "look" he said, oh I don't drink. So, I asked why didn't you want to meet at bar then?? he said because I want you to get drunk!!! WTF! Creeper. I left.

OMG. What a tool.
  • asyrinsgirl
    asyrinsgirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I met my now-husband on OkCupid for the first time a little over three years ago. He had a story in his profile that made me laugh so hard I peed myself a little. I read that story MULTIPLE times while we were dating because it just got funnier, and I finally got him to tell it to me in person.

Anyway, since it's a long story and his whole profile was pretty classic, I'll just link you rather than recreate it here.

Enjoy: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCIQFjAA&url=http://www.okcupid.com/profile/LF1M42VLIFE&ei=G7Q7ULWeMcGa2AX24ICYDQ&usg=AFQjCNHiAy87QJSzwNvzWR1LKWq_8WJdCQ&sig2=jmrrX5QAHJ_KgdUGvJ9BUw

Or you could just look for him: lf1m42vlife
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    2d7c8rs.jpg

This one was too funny, but I think I laughed the most at the "i'm not a molester" one. It reminded me of that one episode of "It's Always Sunny"

Obviously he isn't...

That one was too freaking creepy! I'll stick to dumba$$ funny :)
  • kansasbelle
    kansasbelle Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Loved the guy who's screen name was Wet Kitty....seriously WTF?
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    How about the ones that don't have a picture on their profile...but they're not married or anything! Lol
    Ooo, even one better that I just saw last night: he doesn't have a pic posted because he is a very high profile executive (yeah, right)
  • PinkEnvyx
    PinkEnvyx Posts: 172
    Options
    Although I respect the honesty I would have told them on the phone before a date instead of putting it on my profile if I was him.
    This was probably over 10 years ago but he stated:

First you must know I have herpes.

Needless to say me and my girl at the time eyes grew and moved on without reading the rest of it. Which I am sure is what he wanted but dang it was on the WWW. LOL