Completed Insanity?????

Options
To anyone that has completed Insanity or is in the 2nd month, when did you start to lose weight? I've just finished my first week and I've actually gained 4 pounds! How much did you lose total? Can you share your experience with the program? I'm feeling a little discouraged and I'm debating on wheter I should just stick to my regular workouts at the gym?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• medlidenhet
    Options
    I just finished my second week and finally lost 1 pound. I gained a few the first week. I have had many people tell me that I look like I have lost a lot of weight. Inch wise I lost 1 inch off of my waist, 1/2 inch off of hips, and gained 1/2 inch in calves. I completed my second Fit test last night an am very happy with the results. I read multiple places that the 2nd month is when you get some serious results. I am determined to stick with it! Every night I have to fight myself to actually do it, but always feel great after! I do love reading posts from people in their second month.

Good luck!
  • mdorsey2010
    Options
    THANK YOU! I thought I was crazy but I think I'm going to try and stay away from the scale but it's sooooooo hard! ;) Without my clothes on, I can definitely tell a difference, it's just hard when the scale doesn't validate how I feel/look.
  • thibk5
    thibk5 Posts: 40
    Options
    I have two days left! I have lost 15 lbs and 14 inches. I started at 158 and I am now 143 but honestly I feel like I look smaller than that now with all the inches lost. I am so happy with my results. I am going to do the second month again. I did add in running in the last few weeks as well as some simple arm workouts with free weights at home. I am sure they helped some but i still would have lost without them. If you can get a heart rate monitor. It has helped and motivated me tremendously. I didn't see many lbs lost until the second or third week. But inches earlier than that. Make sure to measure! I lost 4.5 inches just around my waist!

Good luck and keep going!

Heather
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I have completed 1 round of Insanity, 1 round of Asylum and 1 round of Insanity/Asylum hybrid. I have lost a total of 19lbs since starting in February. I started at 184 and I am down to 165lbs.

I can tell you I didn't lost much weight at all the first month, most the weight came off in the 2nd month. My first round of Insanity I only dropped a total of 8lbs. But I don't think that gives the whole picture. Have you taken before/after pictures? I did a noticed a huge imporvement. I lost a ton of inches.

I really think to get the full benefit of this program you will have to do at least 2 rounds. Depending on your previous fitness level and work outs, your body is almost in shock mode for the first month. Month 2 kicks into gear but it is only 30 days. So I say an additional round is where you will really see results. I know, a bit discouraging, it was for me. I HIGHLY recommend Asylum if you really want to push yourself. It is not for everyone and is extremely hard, but that is where I started to see amazing results.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I completed the program last winter. It's not all it's made out to be...........don't get me wrong, it's a good workout but there's nothing special about it.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I just started week 7 today and so far I've lost 6.3 lbs. I've heard from lots of people that you'll see greater results in Month 2, probably because by then your intensity and endurance has increased and because the workouts are longer. I've also heard doing a 2nd round is recommended to really see better results so I'm planning to do another round once this one finishes.

Keep going, focus on clean eating, and eat when you're hungry. The scale (and tape measurer) will move. Good luck!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Stick to it and READ THE NUTRITION GUIDE!!!!!!!! I didn't lose much weight til a few weeks into the program after I finally read the nutrition guide and took what I read into account.
  • Vx3_
    Vx3_ Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm on my third week, and I haven't weigh myself. But I lost a total of 8 inches so far. Try taking pictures each week, you will see the difference. The scale is nothing but a number. It's how you feel honey.
  • bailyc
    bailyc Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I lost something like 18 pounds during the first month and not a single pound the second month. But I did lose about 10 inches around my waist and hips and 3-4 inches around my arms and thighs.
  • Vx3_
    Vx3_ Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention, it can be muscles. You're basically doing stregnth training with your body weight too.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    You have gained 4 lbs but is that just on the scale or are you noticing this in your jeans fitting and things like that. If you think you look good and you feel great then the number on the scale really isn't important. Especially for someone as small as you look in your profile picture. I haven't gained/lost any weight on Insanity and I have one more week to go. But... and excuse my honesty here... my "cottage cheese" on my legs and butt are almost COMPLETELY GONE now... which no other program has ever done for me except p90x. Just take measurements, look how your body is changing and decide if you like what you see. Don't worry about the scale...
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    @irishman - I can't even imagine something HARDER than Insanity!!!

That being said, i'm in my final week of it... and sadly, have lost no pounds or inches. I feel great doing the workouts... but the results were a little discouraging after working my @ss off (or so I thought). I was hoping to see a few inches come off the hip/thigh area at the very least. My upper body is very lean already, so I didn't expect much change there. The only thing I can think of was that perhaps my body fat % decreased... I have no really accurate way of checking this.

I am thinking of doing the second month all over again, but not right away. I think Shaun T and I need a little time apart. And I can't commit to 1 hour per night after this weekend. Chalean Extreme is my next mission.

Good luck with Insanity! Don't give up on... I've heard many positive results, so don't take my poor results to heart. :)
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Funny you say that....I didn't weight myself but took pics at the end of each week...The first ending...looked like I got bigger but the end of the 2nd week...areas got smaller than the beginning....On the 3rd week...so let's hang in there...
  • formerlynobel
    formerlynobel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I just started Round 2.

In my last round, I saw the most dramatic results in the last couple of weeks. I know, I know... very long. Hoping I'll see them faster if I eat better this round. But I'd say as early as 2 weeks, I noticed subtle changes in the right direction.

P.S. I didn't lose weight, but I definitely toned up, especially in my lower gut and upper body.
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    oh yes!!! what @wareagle said... the cellulite in my legs/butt is darn near gone! this was a combined effort of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and then Insanity. Thank you to both. :flowerforyou:
  • shirin8
    shirin8 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    In the first two weeks, I gained 2 lbs of water weight. Once I completed it, I was down 16 lbs (purely from Insanity and MFP). For reference, I started Insanity at 157 and ended at 141. The second month really showed the largest weight loss. Stick with it!
  • timewith3
    timewith3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. I didn't lose weight until close to the end of month one. I read in a post on here that it is not uncommon to gain weight in the beginning because of your body sending extra fluid to your muscles. Just started month 2 today. Stick with it. You WILL see results. I just fit into a dress that I haven't been able to wear for 2 years!
  • PattieCakes23
    Options
    I just finished my first week too. I haven't weighed myself (not going to until Day 31), but I took my measurements. I can already tell a little difference just by looking in the mirror.

It's not always about what the scale reads. Sometimes you'll gain muscle. Inches is where it can count the most. I've learned not to rely on the scale TOO much. I only weight every couple of weeks.
  • mclandry89
    mclandry89 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    PattieCakes23 is completely right! It is about losing inches and gaining muscle *which is heavier than fat*! Stick to clean eating and you will all do great!
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Remember your diet is very important too!! I have been doing Insanity for over a year and a half now and Asylum since October. I mix the 2 and love it! As soon as I started watching my diet very closely is when I started seeing results. I think I look smaller than what I weigh. I wear a size 6 pants and straight skirts, small shirts and dresses and weigh about 145 lbs. But Insanity and Asylum are amazing workouts and you will see results!! Stick to it and eat right!!!