I really LOVE football season!

Options
Okay football season is a weakness of mine! It's all too easy to eat A LOT while watching a game for 4 hours. Any suggestions of what to eat instead of the high calorie chips, nachos, PIZZA!, and everything else???

Thanks!

Oh and GOOOO SEAHAWKS!!! :)

Replies

• janufire
    Options
    I recommend keeping a bowl of chopped up fruit and/or veg in the fridge for snacking purposes.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Oh, boy!
    I think this way:
    Have at least a general plan for your meals.
    Have your "diet foods" in the fridge.
    Eat your meals, and if you want a treat, plan for it.
    This should prevent random counter-productive snacking, while allowing you to enjoy some treats!
    I like fizzy lo-cal drinks in a BIG jar (26oz sauce jar) of ice. I like, Zevia, Cas Cal, and GT Dave's Synergy.
    The Synergy, especially is helpful to stave off appetite, while being REALLY good for you.

Have FUN!! I SO wish I was more of a sports fan, but grew up on a house full of girls...oh, well.
    Maybe someday!:laugh:
  • Rinkermann
    Rinkermann Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Same here. the Rugby season starts next weekend. When the international games come along in November, I usually spend up to 8-10 hours in a pub. In fact, for those games, most people my age do in Wales unless they're working. Rugby is our national sport so we go nuts for it, and i guess everyone knows how the celts like to drink.

So yeah, not really sure how I'll get round that. I think i will go for a run in the morning, then stick to 4 pints and alternate with a diet coke. The worst thing about alcohol is that not only is it 200 calories a pint, but after drinking it you are far more likely to say, "what the heck" and buy an indian, chinese, mexican, pizza, fish & chips or kebab.

Oh well, this is part of the weight loss challenge i suppose.
  • liracheta08
    Options
    Good suggestions! Thank you all! I am going to try the chopped fruit and veggies. And to plan my meals out my meals including snacks on game days.

I'm a huge sports fan because of my mom :) My brother and myself are the biggest sports fans out of the 4 of us kids.
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Female football fans are THE BOMB!!!! It helps if you've married one!!!
  • theactionfigure
    Options
    Fruits and veggie trays are definitely the way to go, but I have to confess that when it comes to the 'fun' eating, like grilling out or tailgating I don't skimp. I don't punish myself like that, but try to work out a little harder or make up for it in other ways. Just don't overdo it. Self control leads to confidence, and confidence is SEXY!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm so jealous....
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I also watch football every game, even preseason,I try to fruit and veggies,don't have lots of parties my husband is usually driving truck. GO PACKERS i'm from Wisconsin.
  • liracheta08
    Options
    Alright fruits and veggies it is! And I have done the whole workout extra to be able to eat the not so healthy items...I have to say it's pretty darn awesome! I did that when I went to the fair last Saturday and was still under my calories!

:heart: SEAHAWKS! :heart:
  • vikingchix
    vikingchix Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I live for Football season.....Crazy thing is that I usually am too worked up to eat.....SKOL VIKINGS!!!
  • Whart0603
    Whart0603 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Turkey Chili!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    giantslogotoo.jpg

We are huge football fans ...... hate that dry spell after Superbowl :sad:

Foodwise, we're usually good at home ......... going to the sportsbar can get hairy for my husband ...... but not for me, as I always go to the gym early that day, and take a walk during half-time, even if the weather's bad ..... this way I enjoy eating & drinking during the games ......... no worries !

GO GIANTS !