Slim in 6

Options
Just wondered if any one has tried this system and what sort of results they have had

Replies

• MsChris062
    Options
    I did the dvd workouts and I liked them and they were challenging but I am more of an outdoorsy person. They did help me lose when I was using them. Hope this helps
  • mournemaid
    mournemaid Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks MsChris. Saw them advertised on tv. I am not fit by any stretch of the imagination and need something that is doable for a beginner but will show results fairly quickly
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    I loved them. When I started using them I had not worked out in 3 years and had put on almost 30 pounds. I love how they have the start then when you feel like you can do that one with no problem you move onto the next one until you end with the hardest. This to me was a great system. It's much better than spending money on a 20 minute workout and then in 4 weeks you can do it with no problem and then what. This let's you progress to harder and longer workouts. I have since moved onto to P90X but so glad I started with Slim in 6 to get me on the workout path!
  • kat_renee
    kat_renee Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Debbie and SLIM IN 6! I always go back to them. It's low impact, no bouncing around which is easy on my knees. I highly recommend getting it. Stick with it, eat right, and you WILL see results! I did! The first time I did it I lost 13 pds. in 5 wks. I wasn't able to complete the 6th due to a PCS move. (I didn't do measurements which I should have, make sure that you do and you'll love the numbers! I now do measurements every month) The first video, Start it Up, is only 30 minutes. Keep in mind the next 2, Ramp It Up, and Burn it Up are 1 hr., but they go by fast! Plus she has a stretching portion that's 15 mins. that I do after every workout. It's amazing how much more flexible you become after a few times of doing it....plus it feels so good and is so relaxing. It helps with my lower back also. Now in some of the reviews you'll see that people say the music is boring...and it is. It doesn't bother me though, some people mute it and put on their own music, I just keep it as it is. I got it to lose weight not listen to music.

Feel free to friend me and don't hesitate to ask any ?'s about this program.

Good luck!!
  • wyattwife10
    Options
    Hi starting back on Slim in 6 today. I did it over a year ago and lost approx 15 lbs that time I think. I really enjoy these DVDs. I have somehow got out of the practice of working out again and eating right so I have 20 to lose this time UGH! Hoping Debbie will help me to do it again :)
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I did these videos years ago. You will definitely see results if you stick with it - but I will warn you - they are not exciting. So depending on what you like in a work out video - they may or may not be your thing. It is straight up: Lunges, squats, abs, arms, etc. No peppy music, no frills - It's all there but very bland. Good luck!
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I found them pretty boring. They would be effective, but since I was bored, I quit doing them. I prefer TurboJam and TurboFire by Chalene Johnson...far more exciting!
  • tammie_knowles
    tammie_knowles Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am starting Slim in 6 again today. I did it half way through a few years ago and started to shed some pounds. To me though, they do get boring but I know that they work. I would love to have a buddy on this! I have 50lbs to lose :( Soooooooo. I am getting back on the band wagon today! Love to hear some other stories with Slim In 6.
  • wyattwife10
    Options
    Do you record it on here as low impact of high impact aerobics? I figured Start It Up especially is low impact. But did the Cardio Core Express 30 minute bonus workout and I sweated like crazy today and thought maybe it could be considered high impact.

Anyway, any thoughts would be helpful.
  • chrissiij
    chrissiij Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I will be starting this on Monday, after reading some positive views on here, so I am a week behind you! :)