BIGGEST pet peeve

Options

Replies

• gshoemaker06
    gshoemaker06 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Grammar errors...

My biggest pet peeves are sentence fragments and over-usage of ellipses.
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    People who exaggerate a story

My husband is SO quilty of this and it drive me INSANE!
    :grumble: :angry:
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options

This too!!! Especially if the story was already a bit incredible i.e. You throw a paper airplane and it goes let's say 100 feet, but then enter Mr/Ms. Super Exaggerator and when they tell the story "it had to have flown for 100 yards!!!" Really??? A paper airplane went the length of a football field? Dang!
  • kanadian_bear
    Options
    Walking on the wrong side of a sidewalk, pedestrian crossing etc. :explode:
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I can't pick a specific one, I'll be honest!

One is laziness, i.e. the recycling bin is literally on the way out of the room yet they still leave that empty plastic bottle on the side- for no apparent reason.

Second is purposeful spelling and grammar mistakes, I'm dyslexic and spent most of my childhood being bullied for not understanding basic spelling or how to use grammar correctly then pulled my finger out and learnt it all (and got an A* on my GCSE English Language ;D) yet on the internet, text and I've even seen them on CVs! How poorly do people want to present themselves?

Third is when people write like this 'hi.i.m.writing.like.this.cos.i.m.kewl' why o_O? Surely the space bar is just as easy as the full stop button!

Fourth people who don't use three full stops in an ellipsis, it's another sodding full stop!!!

I could go on but I'm sure you people have lives! ;D
  • mrmaxpowers
    Options
    Anything thats says its spill proof.
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    People who make rude comments to me when I am looking up calories on MFP or logging whatever I just ate to see if I can have another beer or not. Funny how they did not care when I was shoving crap in my mouth or when I could not walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded. No comments then at all.
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options

People who don't courtesy flush after dropping a duece.

Oh my gosh! This is too funny!!! I hate that!!!

I once placed a note in the bathroom educating some stinkers about the courtesy flush. Unfortunately it was immediately removed!
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    SLOW WALKERS!!! :grumble: :explode:

THIS!

and people who tailgate!!............I mean people who make me tailgate them!!! Darn Sunday drivers...:grumble:
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    When people say eXpecially.

That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure there are others. LOL

"can I axe you sumthin?"

"can you borrow me this?" (as in, "May I borrow this?"
  • fletchleg
    fletchleg Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    People who eat loudly, leave crumbs in margarine/butter/spreads, and leaving dishes to soak in the sink for me to put in the dishwasher and me having to reach in the dirty gross water to pull them out.
  • cdub78
    cdub78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Shirt tags that stick out and people that walk around with their shoes untied. You know the kids that don't bother tying them and just tuck them into their shoes then they flop off their feet as they walk. Drives me crazy, they might as well be wearing slippers at that point.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    People taking newborns or very young babies in public. Your 2 week old shirtless baby doesnt need to be in Wal-Mart at 11pm in winter. Or really just any public place.

Not with ya on that one. Had several. Take them out pretty qucik.

Agreed - I like seeing the cuteness. But for their own good, I don't want to see them in bars. Or movie theaters. And if that car seat isn't properly installed I'm likely to climb in and fix it for you.
  • FluffyToFab
    FluffyToFab Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Internet bullies...

I hate when people hid behind a screen and pick on someone. Really you have nothing better to do with your time? It always makes me think that the person has no balls in real life so they pretend like they do on the computer...
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options

So is my wife!!!!!! They really hate when you "correct" the story in front of their audience *hint*:wink:
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options

Agreed - I like seeing the cuteness. But for their own good, I don't want to see them in bars. Or movie theaters. And if that car seat isn't properly installed I'm likely to climb in and fix it for you.

I can't stand having babies and small children in the movie theater! Get a babysitter or wait for the DVD! I sympathize, I have kids, and I missed out on dates and outings because of not having a sitter, but welcome to parenthood. Not only do I not want to listen to your child cry, but the noise level is too much for a young child.

My biggest pet peeve though is people that comment on my weight loss in a snide, b!tchy way. "Don't you think you're too skinny?" "Oh, like you can't have a couple donuts?" "You're skinnier every time I see you." (I've been the same weight for a year.) If you want to talk about my weight, maybe you should've spoken up when my butt was getting bigger by the day.
  • Shelli_78
    Shelli_78 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    People putting their babies/little kids in the front seat when they have an air bag or letting them climb around in the back seat and then crying when they get hurt or killed in an accident

Not acknowledging me when I let you into traffic. A simple wave of the hand will do.

Tailgaters I will tap my brakes to check you

People letting their dogs out to do their business and not even staying out there to watch them. If you are too lazy stay out there put them in your fenced in back yard for Pete's sake..Agghh

The elusive posts on Facebook....and then when someone asks about it they say I don't want to talk about it. DON'T POST IT FOR THE WHOLE DAMN WORLD TO READ IF YOU DON'T WANT SOMEONE TO ASK YOU ABOUT IT

Ok I believe I am done for the day
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    People that seem to go out of their way to be a PITA (insensitive, demanding, whiny, pushy, etc.) and show no respect for others.
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options

So is my wife!!!!!! They really hate when you "correct" the story in front of their audience *hint*:wink:

Oh, I try. However, my husband is REALLY funny so he will tell the story in the most hilarious manner so people never listen to me. SO his exaggeration is the funny nutty details. But in arguments when he exaggerates it drive em nuts because he is mostly always wrong.
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Options
    Lateness/tardiness

Inability to stfu while Im watching my show.

Inabilty to stfu in general.

Use your turn signals

Move over to the right when someone wants to pass you.

Politeness. Use please and thank you. Hold doors. Say excuse me when you get in somebody's way

And for THE LOVE OF GOD

put the CAP BACK ON TEH TOOTHPASTE.

j/k. lol I leave it off all the time.