Best things I've seen/read in dating profiles

Options
13»

Replies

• PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    uote]
    How about the ones that don't have a picture on their profile...but they're not married or anything! Lol
    Ooo, even one better that I just saw last night: he doesn't have a pic posted because he is a very high profile executive (yeah, right)
    [/quote]

He's Jason Bourne
  • MonkRocker
    MonkRocker Posts: 198
    Options
    All the men's profiles are boring...outdoorsy, hunt, fish, camp, me Tarzan you Jane!

I think that's because that's all they are hard wired for, unfortunately for us :ohwell:

Hey now - don't lump me in with the rest. I abhor all of those things except fishing, and even that I maybe do once a year.

Dating Profiles have a meta-language all their own. I have noticed a few trends myself:

First, assuming a standard range of 1-10, women who fall within 3-8 tend to either drastically over- or underestimate their attractiveness. I have seen WAY too many 3's who think they are 11s, and way too many 8s who think they are -1s.

I have learned that seeing a woman upside-down inexplicably adds 2 points to her perceived rating. This means I now know to flip the pic over before I decide. Why do you look better upside down?!?

No one can agree on what a body type means. One girl's "curvy" is another girl's "Average" is another girl's "overweight".

Every girl apparently is "random."
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    All the men's profiles are boring...outdoorsy, hunt, fish, camp, me Tarzan you Jane!

hahaha!! love this ;)
  • LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Bump for later, hilarious read so far. Thanks ladies and gents, keep those stories coming.:glasses:
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Aw, I don't think my profile is boring. There's nothing about fishing, hunting, throwing women in caves, how my ex is this or that, mommy issues, video games or sports. Maybe I need to send it out to my FL and get some feedback for fun.

:)
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Aw, I don't think my profile is boring. There's nothing about fishing, hunting, throwing women in caves, how my ex is this or that, mommy issues, video games or sports. Maybe I need to send it out to my FL and get some feedback for fun.

Oh please do!!

I also hate the guys that say "I just want to snuggle"... sure you do...
  • DesignGuy
    Options

Oh please do!!

LOL. Well, some of us do. I think tomorrow I'll post it to my FL for fun. Hope it provides a few laughs.
  • Danardeener
    Options

Yes, I think you should...that, or let us all write it for you...ha ha ha
  • Danardeener
    Options

Oh please do!!

I found out rather quickly when a guy said he wanted to "watch a movie" he really didn't mean that at all. I need some sort of dating decoder list.
  • tri10806
    tri10806 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm stealing these "rules" from a friend's post on another message board:

* Post a current photo.

* Don't post photos of your dogs or cats unless you are in the photo as well. People don't visit your profile because they want to go out on a date with your dogs or your cats.

* Never post photos of your children on your profile unless you are in the photo as well. I never understood why single mothers posted stand-alone photos of their children on a dating site.

* Never say, "I'm looking for a guy who doesn't play games." Guys have no idea WTF you're talking about when you post something like that. Seriously, what specifically does that mean?

* When you're taking a photo of yourself for a dating site, pretend that there's a force-field above your head that will cut off your arm if you hold your camera up high to take a photo of yourself from above. Camera angle shots from above are always strange-looking and deceptive.

* No duck-face photos.

* Smile in your photo. It used to amaze me how many women posted profile photos without smiling.
  • BenChase
    BenChase Posts: 169
    Options
    i am "outdoorsy" in the way that i enjoy running outside around a trail or riding bikes around the lake or mountain trail or playing in the pool in the summer time, but i have never hunted and don't plan on it, have not fished since i was about 8 years old and have no interest in doing so again, and camping is ok a few times a year with friends/family but i by no means try to live only for camping. just thought i would throw that out there for all you "male species profilers" oh yeah, and i'm single with recent pictures that look exactly like i currently do :wink: hahaha
  • aylawill
    aylawill Posts: 65
    Options
    2d7c8rs.jpg

Haha...an I like chesse burgers an chesse burgers an sonic an fast food places an fancy places! Bahahaha! I am DYING!!!!

Hahaha! Wow!
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    You're freaking hialrious! :flowerforyou:
  • DesignGuy
    Options
    Can't wait to view some more fun profiles tonight. What will I find?

BTW, ff we're not friends people, add a brother. Oh wait, I'm Italian/Irish. Hmmm. Well, I can roll like that. :)
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Those are awesome. People trip me out. Especially on a dating website. I am so trying not to use those again lol.
  • kpye2011
    kpye2011 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    i always loved the guys who appear so into finding out all about you...and then send/share a photo of their "junk" or whip it out after meeting for 30 minutes.

*sigh* those were the good ole days...NOT.

Been there!!!
  • amhailey
    amhailey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was on pof for about 2 weeks. That was an experience.
    "im juss lukin fo' funn." Really? Shouldn't you be looking for an English tutor?
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    uote]
    How about the ones that don't have a picture on their profile...but they're not married or anything! Lol
    Ooo, even one better that I just saw last night: he doesn't have a pic posted because he is a very high profile executive (yeah, right)

He's Jason Bourne
    [/quote]

No he is Bruce Wayne
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Dating Nightmare #37

I once had a guy ask me out on a site ... he picked to meet at a local bar . We meet everythings ok... we walk up to the bar I order a blue moon, he orders a coke. I must have gave him a "look" he said, oh I don't drink. So, I asked why didn't you want to meet at bar then?? he said because I want you to get drunk!!! WTF! Creeper. I left.

points for honesty?
  • DesignGuy
    Options
    I was on pof for about 2 weeks. That was an experience.
    "im juss lukin fo' funn." Really? Shouldn't you be looking for an English tutor?

hahaha I love this.