Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    WINE!! :heart:
  • peridot1383
    peridot1383 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You have to buy their Spinach & Kale Greek Yogurt Dip!!! It's comparable to Spinach Dip and way healthier (plus tastier)! I also buy my meats from there!

THIS. It is absolutely amazing!!!! And its great with the Soy Flaxseed chips. Also, if you're a cereal person the High Fiber O's are awesome. I usually go there once or twice a week and some staples are

Power to the Greens (its like in a salad bag but its a mix of kale, spinach, and swiss chard)
    Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
    Pre-cooked chicken strips
    Angus beef tips
    Spankopitas Whole Wheat Pita
    Reduced Guilt Wheat Crisps
    and lots of produce. I dunno who said it isn't good but the one by me is great.

There's no third party .. its direct distribution. So prices are astronomically cheaper! GO go go!
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    Organic frozen fruit
  • AlessisMore
    AlessisMore Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Nuts & nut butters
    coconut oil
    white "ruffy" (frozen fish filets)
    coconut milk yogurt
    salsas
    whole wheat English muffins (a buck cheaper than most other name brands)
    dark chocolate
    dark chocolate
    dark chocolate
  • allisonrozsa
    allisonrozsa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Correct about the produce being overpriced. Except for the occasional giant container of blueberries or strawberries, he only produce always at a good price are the bananas. The whole chickens are great & nest price around (and yes, he time I ended up wit a bad item, I took it back & they returned my money). Love the Luna bars, no better price around. And my FAVORITR treat is the frozen chocolate covered bananas (best I've had from a grocry store). Use a discerning eye. Some things are not a good value, but after a little investigating you can find some great things (milk is cheapest at TJ's). I hope I can find an apartment in Chicago close to a TJ's. Last place in Boston was a 5 minute walk & I will be VERY sad without it.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I LOVE their roasted seaweed snacks- 60 calories for the whole package!! I also love their egg white salad containers- 100 cal for the whole thing!
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    We just went to one for the first time a few weeks ago, and are planning a trip again soon!
  • abadaba
    abadaba Posts: 44
    Options
    All Hail Trader Joe's!
    My faves:
    Eggplant hummous
    Eggwhite salad
    Just penne pasta
    Organic multi-grain hot cereal (freezer section)
    Organic foursome (mixed veggies)
    100 Calorie dark chocolate bars
    Tzatiki
    Reduced fat Chinese Chicken Salad
    Whole Wheat couscous
    Polenta
    Light Jarlsberg (much cheaper than the grocery store)
    Omega 3 Trek mix single serve packets
    Cocoa Nibs (by the cash register)
    .19 bananas!
    Honey Whole wheat pretzels
    Greek yogurt
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I LOVE their roasted seaweed snacks- 60 calories for the whole package!! I also love their egg white salad containers- 100 cal for the whole thing!
    I tried the roasted seaweed, and I like it until it breaks down, then I have a hard time liking it.
  • mg413
    mg413 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    One is opening by us in a week so I'm giving this a 'BUMP'!!
  • nicpap617
    nicpap617 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    There is one 7 blocks from my apt, so I am literally there every other day... I love their Almond Milk, Greek yogurt, cheeses and Hummus. I like some of their cereals and pita chips. I hear they have an amazing frozen food section too, but I rarely eat it. Bread is fresh and delicious, but I cut most of it out of my diet for now. Also, they have a great wine section :) You really can't go wrong.
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    MMMmmmMMMmmMMmm.... I'm going there today after work. I usually go about once a week; or every other week.

They have awesome:

- Quinoa Vege Melange (holy moly - it's awesome! A cup of this, and some grilled salmon... oh yeah!)
    - Frozen organic brown rice (I like to eat this in place of oatmeal in the mornings sometimes..)
    - Garlic Chicken sausages (about 100 cal each - so much better than the super fatty ones)
    - Jalepeno pub cheese (warning - this + everytying pretzel thins = you will probably not be able to NOT polish off the container)
    - Frozen Brussel sprouts (Love them, roast em with olive oil & garlic powder = heaven in my oven)
    - TJ Carrot Juice (only cuz my normal store doesn't carry it in single serving containers)
    - Jasmine Green Tea
    - Those dark chocolate peanut butter cups are the bomb - but I try really hard to stay away... same as the pub cheese above.
  • TY133
    TY133 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I buy all of my produce from Trader Joe's. The one near me does a great job with keeping it stocked and fresh. They also have the best deals for greek yogurt, eggs, egg whites, chia seeds and ezikiel breads which I use on a regular basis. The frozen fish is great and very easy to prepare. I agree with others about the spinach and kale dip and the cilantro and chive yogurt dip. Both are delicious and not bad in terms of calories/fat. I also buy the unsalted crunchy peanut butter because it's yummy and healthy--just peanuts! The nuts and bars are a great deal as well. Love the dry roasted unsalted almonds. Remember with the bread especially, there are no preservatives in it, so I always keep it in the refrigerator and freeze my extra loaves. The tuscan pane and ezikiel freeze very well! I love the coffee there too. (I could go on and on...:))

I too, buy all of my wine and flowers there. Best deal in town!
  • Ken4Life
    Ken4Life Posts: 11
    Options
    you had better get your extra cash ready ...these guys make you pay through the nose for "feeling cool" while you shop in this trumped up hippy shop....:) No I dont shop there, I have better ways of spending my money. most of this is tongue in cheek but it really is kind of how I feel about the place.
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Love the dried fruit bars...especially Boysenberry :0)

Guacamole and fresh chips

Joe Joe's...gotta love the vanilla bean creme!

Dark Chocolate bars...3 for $2!

That's usually all I get. But I may have to try some of these other items listed as well.
    Right now we have one store in the area...about a 15-20 drive from where I live.
    But we are getting another one soon! Techically the same drive time...but this one is between home and work :0)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,006 Member
    Options
    I love their
    chai tea
    chili lime chicken burgers
    bran muffins
    hummus
    chicken chow mein
    ready made salads
    chicken sausages
    chocolate covered espresso beans
    vanilla wafers (they taste homemade and come in a clear container only like 130 cals for 6 ??)
  • TY133
    TY133 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you are talking about with the prices... TJs has the best deals going on most sections from my shopping experience. Maybe it depends on where you live, but there is no comparison price-wise in my area to the large grocery chains. The only thing that comes close is the food section in Walmart, but the produce there isn't as good.
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    You have to buy their Spinach & Kale Greek Yogurt Dip!!!

oh, forgot about that - and the cilantro and chive greek yogurt dip. SO good.

Oh...I need to try that Cilantro and chive Greek yogurt dip! Sounds tasty!

Question - never tried these dips before - is it a standard kinda dip that you would use for carrots or tortilla type chips? What do you guys typically dip in these dips?
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I love the trail mixes escpecially legendary berry :love: , low sodium tuna, soy & almond milk, tortilla w/ flax seeds, peach salsa, cheddar puffs, Trader Joes sprouted wheat bread, 100% wheat hot dog buns, chicken hot dogs, garlic powder, lemon pepper, chocolate covered pomegranite seeds, spanikopita, frozen fish squares, chili lime burgers, low fat breaded shrimp, tater tots, garlic fries, frozen spinach, frozen corn, frozen french whole string beans, turkey bacon... there's plenty more I just can't think of it at this time. Disliked coconut milk it tasted more like water. Some of the pastries are a lil' on the dry side for me.
  • krissagray
    krissagray Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump (must read later. Going this week.)