Favorite motivational quote?

Options

Replies

• imanole
    imanole Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Spit or get out the pot?

No, don't really have a favorite.
    I'm motivated by my awesome friends here...for real.

And I can always use more friends on MFP...and I'm usually a big encourager. Just one of those days today. :)
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,993 Member
    Options
    "Falling down is how we grow. Staying down is how we die." --Brian Vaszily
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,993 Member
    Options
    "How does one become a butterfly? You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar." ~Trina Paulus
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    "Hey. If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here...with a big ribbon on his head! And I want to look him straight in the eye, and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, ****less, hopeless, heartless, fat-*kitten*, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey **** he is!
    Hallelujah!

Holy ****!

Where's the Tylenol?"
    --Clark Griswold
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Spit or get out the pot?

No, don't really have a favorite.
    I'm motivated by my awesome friends here...for real.

And I can always use more friends on MFP...and I'm usually a big encourager. Just one of those days today. :)

Haha the version I know is a lot more vulgar than that! I agree with MFP friends. I'm constantly adding new friends to encourage and get motivation from. Some of the stories here are amazing and inspiring! I love my MFP friends!
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    Options
    "How does one become a butterfly? You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar." ~Trina Paulus

This one is beautiful!
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata
    Mexican reformer & revolutionary (1877 - 1919)

So I was a small boy of 10 or 11 when I read this the first time. It bounced around in my head without meaning for a bit. That was about the time I started getting bullied unmercifully. So one day I was getting the crap beat out of me, but this time I fought back. I got the crap beat out of me anyway, but I understood. Even though I lost, I found my self-respect. And I wasn't the only one hurt that day. I have never taken a whipping without fighting back again. I do not bend to pressure. My mind and my will is my own.

Zapata was a freaking terrorist.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options
    I believe the children are the future. Teach them well.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    When life gives you a dilemma, make dilemma-nade!

Haha! I'm afraid to know what dilemma-nade would taste like.

It goes down smoother once you add in the vodka.
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    Options
    "Hey. If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here...with a big ribbon on his head! And I want to look him straight in the eye, and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, ****less, hopeless, heartless, fat-*kitten*, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey **** he is!
    Hallelujah!

Holy ****!

Where's the Tylenol?"
    --Clark Griswold

Haha! Christmas Vacation is one of my favorite movies of all time! The old lady who wraps her cat up kills me!
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    Options

Ha! RIP Whitney Houston. This song will be in my head for the rest of the day, which is fine because I was getting tired of "Jump in the Line" by Harry Belafonte running through my head for no apparent reason anyway!
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options

Ha! RIP Whitney Houston. This song will be in my head for the rest of the day, which is fine because I was getting tired of "Jump in the Line" by Harry Belafonte running through my head for no apparent reason anyway!

Have you heard the 80's song by A-ha...TAKEEEEEE ONNNNNNN MEEEEEE.....take on me......TAKEEEEEE MEEEEE ONNNNNNNNN

You're welcome
  • cherrytulips
    Options
    "It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." – Confucius
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options
    There is no try. Do, or do not - Yoda

All We are is Dust in the Wind, Dude - Bill S Preston, Esquire
  • damedame
    damedame Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body"

"we are eternal all this pain is an illusion"
  • Seokie
    Seokie Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is hard, maintaining weight is hard, staying fat is hard - choose your hard :)

This isn't really motivational but it helps me from freaking out sometimes, lol: Keep calm and do some f*cking cardio

Be the person you were too lazy to be yesterday

Do something that will make tomorrow's you proud

No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch

Some of my favs :)
  • no1canadianangel
    Options
    True victory is victory over oneself
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have as my cover on facebook "I might not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.".
  • anonymousKel
    anonymousKel Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    There is no tomorrow....our trainer shouts it at boot camp....it keeps me going
  • CassandraM22
    Options
    Run Like a Zombie is Chasing You. I'm buying a decal to put on my wall in the gym that says "That's not sweat. It's my body crying"