wow

Options
2»

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Hello guys,
    This is my first day using this amazing forum and the first time i am using the iPad app.
    I had a lot of questions but i have been reading a lot and could figure almost everything out. However, one question still remains...
    Apart from working out at the gym, i also use a neuromuscular stimulation device to work my abs, pecs and other muscles. It works really well and the results are great. The question is... i tried to add that kind of exercise on the "Strength" exercises on the iPad app but, obviously, it doesn't appear on the list... Is there a way to add it? If i can add it manually, how do i know how many cals it burns etc etc?
    I know it is a hard question ... but i only bother you with this because i couldn't find the answer even after looking all over the web.
    Thx for reading and for the patience.
    Hugs

Like one of those ab belts that shocks your muscles? Those don't do anything to build muscle or burn fat, and that's probably why it's not listed in the database or anywhere on the web.

I hope you didn't pay a lot for it.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    You will get better responses if you post on the forums. Or if you message people who have specifically said they would help you. Beware of posting on the forums though....people can be real A holes sometimes.
  • mcinnamon
    mcinnamon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been on myfitnesspal since mid-March but haven't used the message board (this is my first post). I'm very happy with the results and feel the program has been a huge part of my success. I'm pretty much where I want to be weight-wise, but still log-in every day and use the program as maintenance.

If there is anything I can help with, let me know. Good luck.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    They might not have answered for a few reasons:
    1. They might be busy
    2. Since they don't know you, they might have just ignored it.
    3. Since you don't have a picture, they might think you aren't a legit profile.
    4. They might have had no knowledge on the questions you were asking
    5. They might have every intention of replying, but just haven't done it yet.

Just a few things that are possible, but don't get discouraged. Start posting on the forums and asking questions, while not everything will get answered, I have noticed people are pretty good at supporting other people. :smile:

You can add me if you would like.

^^^this!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    There is all kinds of nice people here. Many very supportive and all that.
    Send them FR I'm sure they will respond...NOT ME THO:angry:
  • RIFalacho
    Options
    Hello guys,
    This is my first day using this amazing forum and the first time i am using the iPad app.
    I had a lot of questions but i have been reading a lot and could figure almost everything out. However, one question still remains...
    Apart from working out at the gym, i also use a neuromuscular stimulation device to work my abs, pecs and other muscles. It works really well and the results are great. The question is... i tried to add that kind of exercise on the "Strength" exercises on the iPad app but, obviously, it doesn't appear on the list... Is there a way to add it? If i can add it manually, how do i know how many cals it burns etc etc?
    I know it is a hard question ... but i only bother you with this because i couldn't find the answer even after looking all over the web.
    Thx for reading and for the patience.
    Hugs

Like one of those ab belts that shocks your muscles? Those don't do anything to build muscle or burn fat, and that's probably why it's not listed in the database or anywhere on the web.

I hope you didn't pay a lot for it.

Of course it does lol ... neuromuscular stimulation is well known and used in the medical field... and no, it is not one of those belts =P it is a decent NMS ... used not only for this but mainly for therapeutical goals on my patients.
    Hugz

Oh and btw... anything that makes your muscle fibers work, spends ATP ... ATP is energy that must come from somewhere (anaerobic or aerobic paths ... etc etc)... so ... muscle contraction weather voluntary or involuntary burns calories =P
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    try filling out your profile and posting a photo
  • fyrikaos
    Options
    I just joined - feel free to add me!