Replies

• Jess207
    Jess207 Posts: 90
    Options
    Members Only jackets
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I remember when the cardinals played in st.louis and pro sport athletes actually played because they loved the game and signing an autograph for fans was a privilege .
  • athenna1869
    athenna1869 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Jem...
    Jem is truly outrageous -
    Truly, truly, truly outrageous -
    Woo ooo Jem...
    Jem -
    the music's contagious (outrageous) -

Jem is my name -
    No one else is the same -
    Jem is my name!!

But we're the misfits...
    Our songs are better!! -
    We are the misfits (the misfits) -
    and we're gunna get her!!

^i still have all the dolls in a box in my closet!
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I remember the names of these two groovy characters:

lanceLinkDiana2.jpg
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Now seriously showing my age... When phone numbers were not numbers but letters.
    Gas lines in the early 70's and you had to have certain # on license plate
    Having a moped.
    Drive-in-movies every weekend
  • Jess207
    Jess207 Posts: 90
    Options

lanceLinkDiana2.jpg

Who are they? :laugh:
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I remember when the principal was allowed to spank you if you were in trouble at school and the urban legend around our elementary school that she had a paddle with holes in it hanging on her office wall, lol.

I remember when it was so cool to tease your bangs and wear them as high as you could get them. Other very cool styles from junior high... hypercolor tee-shirts we wore in gym that changed color when we got hot and sweaty. Pretty Cool, Huh water bottles and tees and black sunglasses with hot pink ear pieces. B.U.M. equipment newspaper sweatshirts, leather bomber jackets with the world map printing on the inner silk lining, ESPRIT bookbags, using sun-in on your hair in the summer to get that sunbleached look. oh, and every cool girl in the locker room used exclamation! perfume and Salon Selectives hair care products.

I remember when there was a smoking section in all restaurants and smoking was allowed inside the mall! There were ashtrays placed around the big fountain.

I remember when our tv only had channels 4,5,7,9,11,&13 and there was no remote just a dial on the set. The other channels just came in as snow. And we adjusted the rabbit ears for reception. And my mom would make me so mad when she would vacuum or run a kitchen appliance during Punky Brewster and screw up the picture!

I remember my 1st radio was a Poochie handheld radio but when I was about 10 yrs old I got a little pink boombox that was a radio and had a tape deck and I played my 3 tapes over and over (michael jackson, whitney houston, and madonna)

I remember in 3rd grade we got sent home from school the day the Challenger exploded. There was a teacher onboard and my class had been watching it live. I cried the whole way home.

I remember when we walked home from school when we lived a mile away. Nowadays I see the bus making stops every 2 blocks and the elementary school is only about 5 or 6 blocks away???

I remember when there was mostly only sitcoms on tv (plus a few 1 hr dramas like Dallas) and I still remember most of the theme songs. Why don't they have theme songs anymore? Admit it. you know you belt out the tune to Facts of Life or Growing Pains or Full House whenever you hear them! I liked Step by Step, Out of this World, and Perfect Strangers. Catchy tunes. But my fave show musta been the one about the coach with like 8 kids and I think 7 were girls? Just The Ten of Us!
  • LovesAdventure
    LovesAdventure Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I remember the milkman would deliver milk in glass bottles and put them in the milk shoot, a little door on the outside of your house.
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Oh...and who here collected Garbage Pail Kid cards?!?!? Eh...eh??? *raises hand*

*raises hand*
  • adavis59
    adavis59 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I remember the Soupy Sales Show; the Ed Sullivan show and the Beatles. Cabbage Patch Kid dolls. The original Dark Shadows show,and The Monkeys TV show. I also remember white go-go boots and when girls could not wear pants to school ( not even under a skirt)
  • dward2011
    Options
    I remember when the principal was allowed to spank you if you were in trouble at school and the urban legend around our elementary school that she had a paddle with holes in it hanging on her office wall, lol.

I remember when it was so cool to tease your bangs and wear them as high as you could get them. Other very cool styles from junior high... hypercolor tee-shirts we wore in gym that changed color when we got hot and sweaty. Pretty Cool, Huh water bottles and tees and black sunglasses with hot pink ear pieces. B.U.M. equipment newspaper sweatshirts, leather bomber jackets with the world map printing on the inner silk lining, ESPRIT bookbags, using sun-in on your hair in the summer to get that sunbleached look. oh, and every cool girl in the locker room used exclamation! perfume and Salon Selectives hair care products.

I remember when there was a smoking section in all restaurants and smoking was allowed inside the mall! There were ashtrays placed around the big fountain.

I remember when our tv only had channels 4,5,7,9,11,&13 and there was no remote just a dial on the set. The other channels just came in as snow. And we adjusted the rabbit ears for reception. And my mom would make me so mad when she would vacuum or run a kitchen appliance during Punky Brewster and screw up the picture!

I remember my 1st radio was a Poochie handheld radio but when I was about 10 yrs old I got a little pink boombox that was a radio and had a tape deck and I played my 3 tapes over and over (michael jackson, whitney houston, and madonna)

I remember in 3rd grade we got sent home from school the day the Challenger exploded. There was a teacher onboard and my class had been watching it live. I cried the whole way home.

I remember when we walked home from school when we lived a mile away. Nowadays I see the bus making stops every 2 blocks and the elementary school is only about 5 or 6 blocks away???

I remember when there was mostly only sitcoms on tv (plus a few 1 hr dramas like Dallas) and I still remember most of the theme songs. Why don't they have theme songs anymore? Admit it. you know you belt out the tune to Facts of Life or Growing Pains or Full House whenever you hear them! I liked Step by Step, Out of this World, and Perfect Strangers. Catchy tunes. But my fave show musta been the one about the coach with like 8 kids and I think 7 were girls? Just The Ten of Us!

You must be about my age. I remember all of this too. I lived with my grandparents and we watched MASH, Johnny Carson, the news, and HeeHaw. Their tv set was one that sat on the ground and looked like a cabinet.... it was wooden all round it and had to warm up for a bit.

My brother and I would leave the house after Sat morning cartoons and stay gone until dusk. We had to be on the porch by sunset (we lived on lots of land... no neighborhood). We spent the day walking through the woods, swimming in the river, fishing, looking for "crawdads", climbing trees, etc. We come inside at dark, take our baths, and eat supper. Then we could either watch TV with my grandpa, play with our toys, or read books until bedtime. Every once in a while, we got to take flashlights outside and "camp" out in the yard using sheets to build a "tent".
  • dward2011
    Options
    I remember sitting at my boombox all night long waiting for my favorite song to come on so I could record it onto my favorite mix tape!

YES!!! With one finger above "record" and the other above "play"....

Yes! hahaha I always missed the very beginning of the song too. I was so slow pushing the buttons.
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! All these blasts from the past!

Anybody remember trading stamps? I remember my mom saving enough for a sewing machine and a hair dryer (the really old ones with a bonnet).

I remember JFK's funeral on tv, when Bobby Kennedy and Martin Luther King, Jr. were shot, Neil Armstrong's first step onto the moon, taking the bus downtown when I was 10 and my sister was 8 on Saturdays after cartoons were over and not coming home til just before dark, being able to only watch half of the Red Skelton Show because I had a 7:30 bedtime during the week, having a huge crush on Mr. Spock and his pointy ears...and on and on and on! Oh, and gas was 75 cents when I graduated high school.
  • Rayzback
    Rayzback Posts: 73
    Options
    Using a pencil to get the cassette tape to that perfect spot, so I'd be ready to record once another song I liked came on the radio.
  • chubbygirl253
    Options
    tv shows:
    boomerang, reading rainbow, ghost writer, the muppets, schoolhouse rock, out of this world, perfect strangers, family matters, step by step, growing pains, punky brewster, mr belvedere, just the ten of us, the snorks, qbert, the wuzzles, shirt tails, fat albert, the A-team, mr T cartoon, smurfs, carebears, my lil ponies, strawberry shortcake (the new one has no purple pieman?), fraggle rock, gummi bears, charles in charge, our house, Valerie's family

oh remember plastering pics and posters from the teenie bopper mags all over your wall? Thank God for Tiger Beat. I was in love with Kirk Cameron and Chad Allen

anyone remember how TRAGIC after school specials were? oh the dangers of hitch-hiking, not wearing your seatbelt, drinking, smoking, or drugs.
    Oh! Also do u remember the commercials with the frying egg... this is your brain on drugs.
  • chubbygirl253
    Options
    remember using the big apple computers at school to play oregon trail and math munchers?
  • cupcakes_
    cupcakes_ Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I remember when you could buy cigarettes out of a machine and when they were sold in front of the register. I remember Beta lol and smoking in restaurants, yuck.
  • chubbygirl253
    Options
    anyone else have a swatch watch or clear phone in your room with the colorful parts inside?
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options

lanceLinkDiana2.jpg

Who are they? :laugh:

Well, I left it off to see if anyone else might recognize them -- but I think "Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp" was a pretty obscure Saturday morning kids' show from the early 70's. That's Lance and his compatriot, "Mata Hairi".
  • chubbygirl253
    Options
    Drive up photo huts
    la gear tennis shoes
    calvin klien jeans
    Flippo
    fritz the night owl

yes! LA gear tennis shoes with two colors of laces