ndm9one
ndm9one Posts: 62 Member
0 Calories
0 Fat
0 Sodium
0 Carbs
0 Protein
0% Juice

I drink alot of water & I got to this when I want some flavor in my life aha Is this as good as it seems to be for me? or a TRICK?

2wmkpow.jpg

Replies

• mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    I like the lemon one best. I stopped drinking them for awhile, got sort of "lemoned out" lol. The only negative thing I see in it is that it's carbonated, but at least it increases water intake for people like me who don't really like water! :smile:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It's flavoured water - just like a diet soft drink.
    It's up to you to decide if that is something you want to drink or not. I wouldn't, but I don't like the taste of artificial sweeteners so I suspect I wouldn't like this stuff.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    i love the berry mixes, the apricot, mango, peach......also use the Mio (actually the generic stuff) in my filtered water.
  • Firephoenix013
    Options
    I drink this stuff like crazy because I do not like just plain water.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    It uses aspartame as a sweetener, which, like all sweeteners, should really only be consumed in moderation.

Skipping all of the scare stories about aspartame (google 'em if you'd like), aspartame does have some real side effects. I know that if I accidentally eat or drink something with aspartame I get a horrible headache and might start to feel sick, depending on if I had other food with it or not.

There's also lots of studies out there that say that it can actually trigger the feeling of hunger in people, which is pretty much the opposite effect that most people consuming products that contain it are going for. Again, I'm pretty sensitive to it, but I've experienced that side effect as well.

And I experienced all of these side effects before I knew that they were side effects of the aspartame. It was actually a person at the church I used to work at that was a dietician that pinpointed the issue for me when I was complaining of not feeling well at work one day and she'd asked me what I'd eaten. I told her that I'd had some "diet" yogurt and a similar sparkling beverage from the communal staff fridge a bit before and from that and her asking me about when I'd had similar items in the past we linked it to the aspartame. I've avoided aspartame at all costs since then and haven't had those same issues with food since.
  • got2tryagain
    Options
    Does it really count in your water intake? It has everything a diet soda has. I don't count my diet soda as water. Not trying to be a smartee I promise. It just would not seem to count to me.
  • mandybledsoe
    mandybledsoe Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It uses aspartame as a sweetener, which, like all sweeteners, should really only be consumed in moderation.

Skipping all of the scare stories about aspartame (google 'em if you'd like), aspartame does have some real side effects. I know that if I accidentally eat or drink something with aspartame I get a horrible headache and might start to feel sick, depending on if I had other food with it or not.

There's also lots of studies out there that say that it can actually trigger the feeling of hunger in people, which is pretty much the opposite effect that most people consuming products that contain it are going for. Again, I'm pretty sensitive to it, but I've experienced that side effect as well.

And I experienced all of these side effects before I knew that they were side effects of the aspartame. It was actually a person at the church I used to work at that was a dietician that pinpointed the issue for me when I was complaining of not feeling well at work one day and she'd asked me what I'd eaten. I told her that I'd had some "diet" yogurt and a similar sparkling beverage from the communal staff fridge a bit before and from that and her asking me about when I'd had similar items in the past we linked it to the aspartame. I've avoided aspartame at all costs since then and haven't had those same issues with food since.

Same- aspertame is not something you want to be intaking while trying to stay on a healthy eating plan.
  • StormyLlewellyn
    Options
    I used to drink these all the time untill I started getting headaches...
    I have quit smoking, quit drinking and I am trying to live a healthier lifestyle
    I thought because i didn't like the taste of wter this was a great idea..
    Untill I started getting the headaches Like caffiene withdrawl...
    Moderation if you really don't like water...
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I wish we could get away from buying water in a store. I go to a public spring about a half hour away and fill up jugs for free. It tastes better than tap water and has no chemicals in it.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    It's flavoured water - just like a diet soft drink.
    It's up to you to decide if that is something you want to drink or not. I wouldn't, but I don't like the taste of artificial sweeteners so I suspect I wouldn't like this stuff.

^This! I've tried these (Wal-Mart has one too) ..... these are like soda

There are brands that are NOT sweetened (artificially or otherwise) ...... Klarbrunn & LaCroix are yummy without tasting sweet. Target has Klarbrunn in 16 oz. bottles.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I think arrowhead also has water that has been flavoured but it isn't carbonated or sweetened with aspartame!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    My local grocery stores each have their own versions of the carbonated water - my current favorite is the Tangerine-Lime.

I don't get the side-effects from Aspertame that some people do so I don't worry about that. I figure that it's getting me to drink more water, and as long as it doesn't have caffiene I count it as water.
  • hollyjeanw
    Options
    I wish we could get away from buying water in a store. I go to a public spring about a half hour away and fill up jugs for free. It tastes better than tap water and has no chemicals in it.

You HOPE it has no chemicals in it. Don't get me wrong, I also do not understand our society's preoccupation with bottled water. You cannot, however, make the statement that spring water has no chemicals in it. Spring water comes from ground water, which is often polluted by surface chemicals that leach into the ground. In fact, natural springs have been shown to be one of the most polluted sources of water. Tap water that has been treated by a municipality, or water from a deep drilled and treated well, is much safer.

^ public/environmental health practitioner