Anyone want to do the 100 pushup challenge with me?

Options

Replies

• KristenCassandra
    KristenCassandra Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    This sounds fun :) Just started with w3l3
    14, 18, 14, 14, 25
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I'm in too
  • lhergenr
    lhergenr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    i've tried this twice. i think the first time i just became unmotivated, the second time i was getting really good at it but eventually my elbows were killing me :( and i had to stop. any advice?
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I started it 2 weeks ago. I just took the 2 week follow up test and did 30. Not bad since my initial test I only had 12.

To be totally up front, I can not do regular push ups yet (carrying 200 extra pounds will do that), so I am doing slanted pushups for now (45-55 degree angle or so). Once I finish the program, I am hoping my increased strength and lower weight will allow me to start the program over with regular push ups. If not, I will do the program again at a 25-30 degree angle and keep working at it till I can do standard push ups.

I would be more than happy to add anyone doing this program to my FL to keep each other motivated.

Also, I am doing the 200 squat program as well.
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    If you go to the same website and scroll down a bit, you will find a tab to take you to a sit up challenge. It's a 200 sit up challenge, but you could take it as far as you want.

Edited because the quote was not right.
  • SanjiSun
    SanjiSun Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This really sounds like fun.
    I bookmarked the site for later, currently I'm doing P90x (only the strength training discs) and Shred in 30 in the days between my P90x workouts. There's already a lot push-ups in that one already.
    I will start with this challenge as soon as I have completed P90x, I'm currently in week 3.
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Okay MissJacki .....I'm reluctantly in. I only say reluctantly because my fragile male ego has been crushed already, being beat out by every woman in the thread....LOL....this is ridiculously embarrassing. I have .....5, sheeesh. How long will this program go, just till you hit 100?

6 weeks huh. I guess I can embarrass myself for 6 consecutive weeks....lol. What the hell----

P.S. Are we starting right away...as in this week?
  • SanjiSun
    SanjiSun Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Oh, the pull-up challenge sounds like even more fun.. because they are way harder for me :D
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I tested at Level 4 so I'm starting on Week 3.
  • Managed to do 34* note to self dont do that after eating a bite a food.
  • blasiansrus
    Options
    I'm in! :)
    Got 16, arms are tired from chinups though lol..oh well, 16 works, no harm in starting at a lower level ^_^
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I can probably do 100 of the easy girly push ups. The real ones....not one. I just collapse.
  • krsaxton
    krsaxton Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I am terrible at them and need to get better! :)
  • sarahluther79
    Options
    I had never heard of this challenge- decided to give it a whirl! Did 14 for the initial test- my 4 year old daughter also participated. After I put her to bed, I did the week one day one- my arms and core hurt, but it is a good hurt! Keep up the good work everyone =)
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm in, just downloading the app now!
  • ThePTrain
    Options
    I am in this looks like a good goal. Thanks
  • richmondcowgirl
    richmondcowgirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 1 and willing to try if I had the daily reminder to do it
  • ThePTrain
    Options
    I started this program yesterday and decided to add the sit-up and squats to round it out. Maybe to ambitious but I like to shoot high.
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Okay MissJacki .....I'm reluctantly in. I only say reluctantly because my fragile male ego has been crushed already, being beat out by every woman in the thread....LOL....this is ridiculously embarrassing. I have .....5, sheeesh. How long will this program go, just till you hit 100?

6 weeks huh. I guess I can embarrass myself for 6 consecutive weeks....lol. What the hell----

P.S. Are we starting right away...as in this week?

Day 1, week 1, level 1, completed. Does it matter if we check in once a week or after every day of working out? The program is designed for only 3 days a week.
  • bebifal
    bebifal Posts: 98
    Options
    I'm in. I'm starting at level 1, can't even do one full push up, the knee push ups are easy for me so I'm gonna try level 1 of the regular push ups