New to MFP!

Options
A co-worker told me about mfp and i thought I'd give it a try-
Today is my first day!! I need that extra help so I thought why not
I'm looking to lose between 50 and 60 pounds!!
I just turned 50 in March and have two grown childern-
Add me if you'd like - I'll be on everyday :smile:

Replies

• judygorham
    Options
    welcome to MFP, I would be happy to be a friend. I am 61,will be 62 sunday. I have been fighting this battle most of my life. I am determined to win the fight this time. I have 3grown sons ,3adopted 11,12,and 15 and 8 grandcildren.
  • 4SamNDan
    4SamNDan Posts: 17
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you!
  • rocketass99
    rocketass99 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this is a great place to help you archive your healthy lifestyle goals. The biggest help to me, has been logging my food. And i have met some very inspiring people on here. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • michelletolose
    Options
    I am new to MFP - looking for any help and inspiration. Love how easy it is to log food !! 1st day :smile:
  • spippin73
    Options
    MFP is a great place to begin a life changing journey. I am 57 and was encouraged to join this site by my 18 year old son. He has lost 64 pounds in the last 9 months and has gone from a 40 inch waist paint to a 32 inch!! That was enough motivation for me!! The weight for me is coming off slowly, but journaling each day and seeing the 5 week prediction of loss, has been wonderful. Now I know that I need to increase the exercise (my least favorite thing) and drink more water. I wish you the best of luck...I really believe this is a great place to start a weight loss program!!!
  • MizzLadyM
    Options
    Hi I'm a mother of 3 (9,5, and 3). Just got laid off and finding it hard to get into the swing of things. I want to be healthy and alive for my kids. Anyone can add me. I also find it hard to get motivated.
  • countrygal02012
    countrygal02012 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I will send you a friend request!
  • FluffyToFab
    FluffyToFab Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    This is only my second day.. I'm a mother to six (9,7,6,4, and 2 year old twins). I started my weight loss journey at the beginning of the year and got off track.. got back on track at the beginning of August and then found this site! I can say in just two days I have found great motivation and even greater inspiration.. If you (anyone) don't mind a lot of updating and lots of encouragement feel free to add me!!
  • jahall76
    jahall76 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    HI and welcome! I love MFP. It's full of support and encouragement, and I have a lot of great MFP friends. Feel free to add me. Good luck on your journey
  • Ellebee78
    Options
    Hi, I'm new too.
    I will be 34 on Sunday and would like to lose 40lbs/19kg. I don't have a set time scale but I'm getting married at the end of Dec so I would like to look the best I can by then.
    I'm living away from home so I don't have the support of my close friends and I'm having to get used to food in a different country too (mostly having problems finding low fat foods eg yogurt and cheese)
    So far so good on here, I'm liking it :)
    Louise
  • hollynono
    hollynono Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi, I´m not so new (joined about 4 months ago) but am looking for a few more friends. I love MFP and I have lost weight with it!

I am an American, 45, Mom of two very cute little girls (7 + 9) and I have lived in Germany for the last 20 years.

I am on the journey to lose 10 more pounds.
  • squires03071986
    squires03071986 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck :-) I will send you a friend request.
  • KravMark
    KravMark Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Ive been rocking w this program for about a month with great results!!! 10lbs, Ran 100 miles, and lost 3 inches of my waist. Anyone can feel free to friend me ;)

Mark.