Honesty with ones self, Always, ora time and a place?

Options
Oh dear fatty the food monster god.... was it really a good idea after a gorls weekend away to "be honest with myself" and add up all the calories from the food and drink i consumed...er...NO.
usually i am a massive fan of putting down what it was that i went through even if i am not counting that day, just to ensure i can see exactly the reasoning behind any gain that my result, and avoid the excuses i seem to be able to form in my mind.

i think you may agree, i consumed more food and alcohol than should be remotely possible for a 5' 4" woman.
return of the weeble!!!!

Friday:
daily goal 1200 cals
earned via gym 816 cals - good start....
munched 1827 calories!!!!!!!!

Saturday
daily goal 1200 cals
earned a tiny tiny 67cals
munched 5404 calories!!!!!
2889 of those being alcohol!
the rest being an rather nice italian meal, a few nibbles and an "after the night out" portain of chips and cheese.

Sunday
daily goal 1200 cals
earned - nothing, nothing at all!
munched 2510 cals
pub lunch and then a curry at night, with of course, alcohol

jeeeezzzzzz an over eat over 3 days of 6141 calories

and tonight..... my lovely (although not grately supportive - very "but you're gorgeous the way you are") partner has booked a table out for dinner.

WOW!

Replies

• Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I have no words of wisdom for you.... Just want you to know that I have had similar experiences and expect that I will have them again some time in the future. :flowerforyou:
  • Benwaltersuk
    Benwaltersuk Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    For me, I would say honesty all the way.

The reason I put on so much weight was that I was binging like that on a very regular basis, and being oblivious to it by essentially burying your head in the sand, has got to be a sure fire way of returning to that size. I tend to think that if you keep doing the same things, then you are going to keep getting the same results.

At least being honest with yourself, you arm yourself with the knowledge that can explain your fluctuations in weight. Knowledge is empowering and enables you to do something about it. There is nothing worse to me than saying, that I don't know why the situation is like this.

However, do not beat yourself up. I think time off is very important, if you steadfastly stick to it the whole time you run the risk of becoming obsessive, and craving all the naughty things. Definitely, a little of what you want does you good x
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    First up, 1200 is too few calories for most people. What does MFP give you to lose 1lb a week? Stick with this and eat back your exercise calories.

It's easy to fit in a bit of extra exercise - it doesn't need to be formal down-the gym stuff, a fast walk for half an hour will give you loads more to eat.

Finally don't sweat a meal out. Work out what food the restaurant has on the menu, chose in advance, log that first and work backwards for the rest of your calories. Squeeze in an extra workout if you need more calories. Don't drink them all!
  • Benwaltersuk
    Benwaltersuk Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Further to what Jeneba said, I have had similar experiences too and expect that I will have them again, but I have to say that I'm looking forward to it :)

As long as you are good more than you are bad, and your general trend if in the right direction, I really would not worry about it!
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You should count, you dont eat like this every weekend. (I know I did before I started MFP) A bad weekend focuses all our thoughts onto why we are here and where we were and where we want to be.

Remember that you will appear to have put on more than you have due to the higher than normal sodium, but this should disappear rapidly.
  • sunshine2212677
    sunshine2212677 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    thanks guys :-)

i have never had a blow out quite like this, and generally really struggle to eat all my calories - which is the reason i have been told i find it so hard to loose weight, so 1200 is generally a level i have to really pig out to hit.

i must say, although i feel a little icky after going through everything, it was very interesting to see just how bad it was.
    i think alcohol is the biggest factor here, as there was very little food involved in the weekend.

i think i would pickle internally if i did it again, but will 100% stick to the odd glass of red and the slim line G&T when i fancy a drink from now on.
    Jager bombs and alcopops are sooooooo packed with calories!!!!

live, learn and move on :happy:

that is until i weigh in on friday lol
    then it maybe more :sad:

xxx
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I think it awesome that you post it. When I overeat one or two days but still eat some
    food high in nutrition I still seemed to lose weight. I will be interested to see how
    it goes for you.