Sweet Tooth

Options
I have the BIGGEST sweet tooth! Any ideas on what to do to curb them? Or know of any websites where you can find healthy dessert receipes?

Replies

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I have an enormous sweet tooth as well. Yesterday, I had so many cravings! I just wanted to down a big, fat fudgy brownie! However, I had my entire day's food planned out ahead of me. I knew that eating one would completely ruin it. That and determination kept me form giving in.

Try planning all your meals ahead. It's easier to resist temptation when you know what it'll do to your plans!
  • kgeer31
    kgeer31 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    chocolatecoveredkatie...best blog ever!!!
  • Jelyn47
    Jelyn47 Posts: 14
    Options
    I will eat some fruit, frozen grapes, or a weight watchers chocolate fudge bar
  • kit8806
    kit8806 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Freeze fresh fruit!! I love frozen grapes, strawberries, bananas, etc! It tastes soo much sweeter when it's frozen too!!
  • K_Smith86
    K_Smith86 Posts: 123
    Options
    At your grocery store, down the frozen dessert aisle, look for stuff by Skinny Cow if they have it. It's really low in calories, and you can't even tell that it's diet. I have a major sweet tooth too. It's really hard to manage, especially on stressful days. Good luck!
  • minorgal
    minorgal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I made low-fat brownies and substituted pumpkin instead of oil. It works out to like 130 calories per bar and they are super yummy. I use them as rewards for working out and it totally works :)
  • TeeDeezy
    TeeDeezy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to take the time to make something and you're addicted to chocolate like I am, Fiber One makes a brownie and an Oats and Chocolate bar that are both good. Also, the Special K Chocolate Cereal is really tasty.
  • danellekay
    Options
    I make sugar free cheescake jello and trow some blueberries on!
  • TosaDana
    TosaDana Posts: 47
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas everyone- these are great!
  • TheHealthyFoodie
    Options
    I too happen to have an INCREDIBLE sweet tooth. To this day, this would be the only addiction that I haven't completely conquered. I'm working on it big time though... I'm learning to live without it, slowly but surely. I'm currently on a 30 day sugar free challenge, where I allow myself NO SUGAR whatsover, save for that which is naturally present in fresh fruit. That means no, or close to no prepared food, because sugar lurks in the least expected places. BUT, I manage! I currently have a batch of gorgeous pumpkin oatmeal cookies in the oven!

Feel free to browse my diary, it's public. Or check out my blog at www.thehealthyfoodie.com for recipe ideas and inspirations!
  • TeeDeezy
    TeeDeezy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're obviously stronger than me. I have just recently decided to do two carb free days per week. Basically, just like you said...no unnatural sugars. It is HARD. I love chips, and bread, and pasta, and chocolate, an occasional soda, I could keep going... I really don't look forward to those days. But, I think it's necessary and it does seem to be helping.
  • girllovedcupcakes
    girllovedcupcakes Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to take the time to make something and you're addicted to chocolate like I am, Fiber One makes a brownie and an Oats and Chocolate bar that are both good. Also, the Special K Chocolate Cereal is really tasty.

I love the Oats and Chocolate Fiber One bar so I second this!
  • K_Smith86
    K_Smith86 Posts: 123
    Options
    I made low-fat brownies and substituted pumpkin instead of oil. It works out to like 130 calories per bar and they are super yummy. I use them as rewards for working out and it totally works :)

Mmmm, those sound absolutely divine. Recipe? :) Pretty please?
  • cjc166
    cjc166 Posts: 222
    Options
    I'm a big fan of fruit smoothies.

My favorite

1 banana
    1 cup frozen blueberries (or some other berries that you really like)
    1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    blend in blender
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Fiber one brownies are good, and since I've gone sweets-free I've been eating a ton of fruit.
  • shoniej
    shoniej Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt + nutella!!!
  • hollyjeanw
    Options
    Strawberries dipped in Jell-O 60 cal chocolate pudding cup :-)
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I made banana black bean brownies last week and topped them with a little peanut butter. Definitely hit the spot.
  • bicoastalgirl
    bicoastalgirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i have a couple of squares of really good chocolate. that always helps me get through a craving. i just measure it out beforehand, and then i put it away so i don't overeat.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com! and me :) i have recipes on my youtube, but MFP will strike me if I put the link on forums. It's in my profile header though.