Ebay Warning!

Options
I just got stung on ebay with a dodgy seller selling Insanity DVDs. Luckily Ebay warned me straight away and I think I have cancelled my payment. Just a word of warning- not to be as stupid as me.

Replies

• Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Or you could just download them off the internet for free.

Do people really still pay for digital information these days?
  • noeasyweigh
    noeasyweigh Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    what site can you download them from?
  • ering
    ering Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    That would be illegal to download it. Ebay is notorious for people selling pirated copies. Very few copies of Beachbody products on there are legitimate ones. If they have multiple listings for the same product with the same picture it is almost always a pirated copy.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. Are you not allowed to sell these on ebay?
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Do people really still pay for digital information these days?

The fiance and I watch everything on-line, for free. No dowloading either. Who needs a TV these days?
  • fabfindz05
    fabfindz05 Posts: 92 Member
    Options

If they are the originals it should be OK. There are a lot of illegal copies running around so the rights holder can ask eBay to stop listings.
  • JulieRoselovesFreeze
    Options
    I got mine from pirate bay, too. It's actually www.piratebay.se now.
  • Plates559
    Options
    Stealing - to take (the property of another or others) without permission or right, especially secretly or by force: A pickpocket stole his watch.

We have taken nothing, we have only shared.
  • ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me...realized my mistake as soon as I paid....asked Ebay to cancel my request b/c I realized that it was something was wrong...they said I had no proof and by they refused to cancel it...lost $50....lesson learned....ebay can suck it
  • 1973CJ5
    1973CJ5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Stealing - to take (the property of another or others) without permission or right, especially secretly or by force: A pickpocket stole his watch.

LOL, they moved the server to .se to prevent the US from seizing it and shutting it down. Very legal!!!
  • Plates559
    Options
    I agree the US is in the wrong for trying to censor the internet.
  • ering
    Options

Ok, so if I take something that belongs to you, and put it on the internet for the whole world to use, and call it sharing it's ok? I'm pretty sure you'd call that stealing. I would.

Making and distributing copies of copyrighted material is illegal and is puinshable by jail time and or fines. Don't you read the warnings at the begining of the videos? Or do illegal copies not have that warning?
  • BradHallFitness
    BradHallFitness Posts: 152 Member
    Options

^^^^^This actually made me LOL!!!

So on all workout DVD's and movies it specifically states the copyright holders info and that it's not to be digitally distributed/copied etc. So by "sharing" (since that makes you feel warm and cozy in your denial) you have actually "[taken] (the property of another or others) without permission or right". Or at the very least accepted stolen goods/property.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Oh please.

Yes, because buying ONE copy and distributing it to a million other people at no cost or without permission seems completely ethical, right?

Stop being so cheap and freaking pay for the crap you like.
  • ering
    Options

You are allowed to sell it on ebay but you can't make a copy and then sell it.