The new me?? same me just better :)

Options
Hi,
I am hoping to get some much needed support on what seems like a never ending journey.
Over the past few years I have lost 80+ lbs and would love to lose another 50. I am just now
starting to care about myself after years of abusing my body (smoking,drinking,overeating).
At 46 I am hoping to get in the best shape of my life!!
Look forward to making some new friends too !!1

Replies

• Crpendergrass
    Options
    you should join a small group of us for constant support to lose 30lbs by Christmas! Here is the link.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8030-30-lbs-by-christmas
  • billiegirl17
    billiegirl17 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wow - You should be extremely proud of yourself. 80 lbs is a MAJOR accomplishment. I am like you - I abused my body for years and now I am trying to change my ways. Not easy - but worth it in the long run.
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I understand you. Its great that you want to change your life. Losing weight is an added bonus, but learning to take care of yourself is the hardest part. congratulations on your weight loss, cant wait to hear when u lose the rest.
  • debslily
    debslily Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been smoke free for 2 years, in comparison to dieting, that was the easy part :)
    Congratulations to you!! 10 lbs left, it must feel incredible!
  • debslily
    debslily Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks Billie, it is too bad it took so long for me to "get it" but better late than never right??
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Wow! 80 lbs is quite an accomplishment and I hope you are super proud! Better late than never is absolutely right when it comes to bettering yourself. We can all do this if we support each other along the way! Add me as a friend if you would like.
  • KipDrordy
    KipDrordy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have been smoke free for 2 years, in comparison to dieting, that was the easy part :)
    Congratulations to you!! 10 lbs left, it must feel incredible!
    Don't underestimate how important quitting smoking was. I think it's very hard to be fit and be a smoker. Good for you for making that a part of your plan to get more healthy. I'm amazed whenever I see people here losing a lot of weight like you have. My niece weighs 80 lbs. For whatever reason, she likes to jump and hang on my back. I couldn't imagine carrying that added weight around 24/7.