Replies

• MrsSanthoff
    MrsSanthoff Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Saving this for later!! Thanks ladies.
  • reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    Options

I will also take a 30-min spin class later today and expect to burn between 300 and 400 calories, depending on the intensity, so I MIGHT have a 100 calorie mini ice cream sandwich after dinner.:happy:

I highly recommend Trader Joe's Mini Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Wedges. They're 100 calories and amazing!!!

Ooooohhhh... must make a note of that to try soon!!!
  • girllovedcupcakes
    girllovedcupcakes Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I eat in that range every day. My diary is also open :)
  • ldobson710
    Options
    My diary is open too. I'm actually shooting for a little more than 1500 right now, but most days still end up in that range.
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options

I will also take a 30-min spin class later today and expect to burn between 300 and 400 calories, depending on the intensity, so I MIGHT have a 100 calorie mini ice cream sandwich after dinner.:happy:

I highly recommend Trader Joe's Mini Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Wedges. They're 100 calories and amazing!!!

Wish I had a Trader Joes nearby :grumble:
  • tilishamichelle
    tilishamichelle Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have started 1600 a day but if i exercise i eat up to 2100 a day. My diary is open as well. feel free to check it out.
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1550/day, and a typical day looks like this:

Breakfast: Cereal (My fav is Frosted Flakes, not the healthiest but better than a donut)

Lunch: A toasted egg sandwich and an apple/grapes/some sort of fruit.

Dinner: Usually something with chicken...grilled breast with a baked potato, baked chicken and rice and gravy, etc. with a veggie.

Snacks: Usually a handful of cookies/a candy/popsicle/something sweet.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I do usually between 1300-1700 a day depending how hungry I am and pretty much eat what I want in moderation. Feel free to check out my diary, though my last two weeks aren't typical as I'm on vacation and trying to maintain my diet with foods I wouldn't normally eat. Feel free to add me! I have a couple good recipes that would fit in great with how you describe you eat.
  • amj3303
    amj3303 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • raven3lise
    raven3lise Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Those of you who are pulling in about 1500-1600 calories a day -- what does a typical day look like for you?

I'm a 3-meal-a-day kind of girl. My trainer seems to eat (and enjoy) chicken and brown rice for every meal, so I'm not keen on getting his suggestions. I'm a total flavor-*kitten*, so I love to cook and love lots of variety but I struggle to find time to cook lunches (and breakfast most days, so I stick with granola and plain Greek yogurt)... but I'm struggling between not enough calories and too many.

So tell me, MFPers... what are you eating?
    Ugh, I'm a total fatty. My struggle is finding a sweet spot between 500 calories and 3,000 calories.
    Usually I have coffee, Poptarts, Chef Boyardee, bread and butter and the like.
  • sbbc09
    sbbc09 Posts: 22
    Options
    My favorite (quick/easy/eat-it-at-work) breakfast these days is a 6 oz. cup of plain nonfat Chobani with a tablespoon of flaxseed meal (to help with the plain yogurt taste and a minor protein/fiber bump), and about a cup of Kashi Go Lean cereal mixed in. Solves the granola problem with some more protein and fiber. I get 30g of protein in one quick meal and it keeps me full for awhile.
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1530. My diary is public, so feel free to have a look. :)
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, but it's not the best example (ignore today... and possibly yesterday :drinker: )
  • ruthmiriam
    ruthmiriam Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My diary is open also. I also eat real food, and a lot of vegetables.

I am right around there calorie-wise, sometimes higher or lower depending on how hungry I am. I have the same breakfast every morning, because it is so yummy right now with fresh tomatoes from our farm share or my garden: One slice of bread toasted, then spread with 1oz of brie cheese and topped with a sliced tomato, broiled in the toaster oven for 10 minutes. That plus my coffee is less than 300 calories.

In the winter time, I usually have a slice of toast and some cottage cheese. I don't like heavy breakfasts, I usually exercise pretty soon after breakfast. Then I have a snack soon after getting back from exercise.

I have a few different lunches I cycle through, and dinner is always different but consists of about 4 oz. of a lean meat--and right now we are grilling pretty much everything--one serving of starch, and a lot of veggies.
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I eat a base of 1550, plus (some to most of) my exercise calories. My diary is open.

I may not always make the healthiest choices, but what I eat now is what I will probably eat forever, so that's what I'm learning on :)
  • pdrichardson
    Options
    how do i look at your diary. still new and trying to learn how to get around. thanks
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    how do i look at your diary. still new and trying to learn how to get around. thanks

Click on member's name, and it will bring you to their profile page. You should see a green "View Diary" if it is open to the public...click that.
  • nienie21
    nienie21 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Great topic. I'm eating in this range and would love some new ideas.
    My diary is also open if anyone's interested. Not always perfect, plus I took last week off because I needed a break.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what BUMP is about ......
    BUMP = Bring Up My Post. Allows people to keep this post active to keep it on top of the list so more people can see it; also puts the post in their list of posts they've replied to for quicker reference when they want to come back to it.