Options
2»

Replies

• JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    stash.com

I love their seasonal flavors ... Pumpkin Spice Chai ... mmmm

Pumpkin Spice Chai?! I must check this out.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I love drinking tea and have tried from many sources. I prefer a loose tea but do not mind a bag if it is a quality blend. The Wegmans near our home has a tea shop. Large canisters that you can pick and choose the tea you like and buy small quantities to try many kinds to see what you enjoy. The have very nice bags for transporting the tea with a ziplock that is sealed (look for the brown paper kind).

Today, I enjoyed a pot of organic white tea with peach. Yesterday, was a pot if silver needle, one of my favorites.

When you see the loose tea compared to what comes in a bag you will be convinced that your purchase was not ill made.

Also, remember that one of the benefits of loose tea is that you can use it over for about 3 or 4 times if you use the diffuser. (within a 24 hour period)

Read a bit about tea and the temperature of the water and how long to steep. I prefer to not leave the loose tea in the pot for too long as it starts to become bitter. Most times, I will pre-heat two teapots. One to brew and so the tea can swirl (I love my brown betty for this) and and then strain and pour into one for serving. I do this even if it is just me drinking the tea.

Loose tea is MUCH more economical than tea bags.

Tea and wine...enjoy the nuances of both!!

D
  • dgwheeler24
    Options
    I found loose leaf Lipton tea st Wal-Marts and Brookshire Grocery Stores
  • LessLikeHer
    Options
    I buy mine on amazon a lot of the time.
  • Bob_Sutton
    Bob_Sutton Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I buy a lot of tea online at Adagio. Some of prices look a little high, but you might be surprised how much tea you actual get.

They have sample packages for a couple bucks. I started out with the sampler packs which have 4-6 different teas of a similar style to find the ones I liked best. Their storage tins keep the tea usable a lot longer than expected. I have a few teas that are a couple years old and they still taste just as good as they first did, I do need to use a little more on a couple of them to get to the strength I want, but that is what i get for purchasing about 20 different teas in a short time.
  • jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Most high end coffee houses also sell a variety of loose tea. I buy mine at a place called the Ten Ren tea house in NYC's Chinatown. They have a huge variety of green, black and oolong tea and sell online as well

Ten Ren Tea - Home
    www.tenrenusa.com/Ten Ren Tea & Ginseng Co. ... Ten Ren's Tea and Ginseng Co. 79 Mott Street, New York, N.Y. 10013. Tel: (212)-349-2286 Fax: (212)-349-2180 ...
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I've found Whittards to be the best. I love their loose tea.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It's available at the bigger grocery store in my town (Kroger).