DVD recommendations

Options
Hi all - can anyone recommend a good exercise DVD? I've done 30 day shred before and got on ok with it but got so irritated with Jillian Michaels!! My space is also fairly limited.
Just interested to know what other people like.
Thanks,
Helen.

Replies

• Monkeymomma05
    Options
    bump, need new ones to incorporate :happy:
  • hmparkin23
    hmparkin23 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bump? Anyone?
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    10 days to a better body- trainer is cindy witmarsh I believe- find it on amazon.
    I stumbled on it by accident. Its a circuit like 30 day shred- but IMO WAY better. Shes not annoying- easy to follow and hit more muscles- PLUS - and what I think is so much better- she does upper body 1 day then lower the next. Then you just go back n forth. Sure by day 10 I was bored- but its a great dvd to whip out and do a quick 30 minute workout when pressed for time or weather isnt good for outside activity.

Its one of those dvds that would get lost on a shelf and never mentioned on a site like this- but its a gem I tell ya- quite the burn for a 30 minute circuit.

The reviews talked me in to it and Im glad I took the big fat $5 chance on it.
  • gilbyfc
    gilbyfc Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I like the p90x DVDs. Even if I'm not focused on doing the full 90 days, I'll do the cardio DVDs 4-5 days a week. Kenpo, plyometrics, and CardioX gives you a nice assortment of workouts.
  • BirdieNYC
    BirdieNYC Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    So these are oldies but goodies:
    8 minute abs
    8 minute arms
    8 minute legs
    8 minute buns

They're easy and you can do them every single day. The abs one really works!
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I usually use the walking dvds. I have one by the Biggest loser featuring bob Harper and some of the contestants and i love the Leslie Sansone dvds.
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    PrincessNikkiBoo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    save for later
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I just started Bob Harpers Inside out Method this morning and it was fabulous and brutal.

these guys have tons of vids with reviews too http://www.collagevideo.com/

and of course Zumba
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    BUMP to see what others are recommending!

I personally love Leslie Sansone's walking DVDs. I have a few different ones and do them on a daily basis. I've been trying 30DS but Jillian is driving me bonkers.
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I personally like Leslie Sansone videos but she might not be as challenging as you want. Jillian gets on my NERVES!
  • emjaful
    emjaful Posts: 19
    Options
    I like the Davina 30min workouts..

I'm alternating with 30ds at the moment, but I like the variety much more, (one day "pump", one day "cardio box" and one "core stability") plus you can turn off her talking so she doesn't get annoying lol.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Starting Strength. Get the book as well.
  • kdward83
    kdward83 Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm not sure what kind you are interested in, but I recently got Shaun T's Rockin body and I really like it. He's funny and intertaining, the workout are fun, but definitely makes me sweat. Then there's one strength training one in the set I do with 5lb weight (I'm not that strong), but the girls on the video look like they are using lighter ones, anyways the point is that video really challenges me. I think there are like 6 videos to the set.

For upper body I like the Tae bo amped set with the weighted amped bar.

For no impact with stretching i like The Studiio's Fat Burning Fusion.

I have many more that I love of different styles, but those get used a lot.
  • withabandon
    withabandon Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have to second the Biggest Loser DVDs featuring Bob. I also am a fan of the Leslie Sansone DVDs... I found one (having never heard of her before) in the $5 bin at Zellers and it literally changed my life - I lost 40lbs just doing the video - really jumpstarted my decision to lose weight - but they are not overly challenging - though I have only been able to make it through the "5 BIG MILES" dvd once... it kicks you. Some squats and lunges and some use of the resistance band.
  • CDPhipps
    CDPhipps Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bumping
  • MandyMarie01
    MandyMarie01 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    im on round 2 of insanity I dont have much space either and I do it in my room by my bed, have just enough room :)
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for circuit training or weight training, then give Jari Love's Get Ripped series a try. She has a tough workout called Get Ripped and Chiseled, which is the closest thing I can find to the barbell class at my gym. She also has several others including Ripped to the Core, which is one of my favorites. Her DVDs are about 60 min. long.
    Kelly Coffey-Meyer has some great interval training DVDs. Her workouts are a little shorter but intense!
    All of those DVDs can be found on Amazon! Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I just started Bob Harpers Inside out Method this morning and it was fabulous and brutal.

I'll second that. Every video from the series (there are 4) is excellent. A funny but completely honest review here: http://welshrunner.blogspot.com/2010/09/bob-harpers-inside-out-method-pure-burn.html

I'm currently doing a cheapo knock-off p90X-type workout: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004S2YN5O/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i01 The Tabata workout alone is worth the price of the 10 DVD set.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    collagevideo.com and totalfitnessdvds.com have video clips & hundreds if reviews.

You can search by impact level, equipment required, etc.

I love Kelly Coffey Meyer DVDs - 30 Muinutes to Fitness is a whole series - lots of differetn styles (bootcamp, circuit, step, etc). There are 2 workouts & losts of premixes on each DVD

Leslie Sansone is a great space saver. Use a rebounder (mini trampoline) and light handweights to create a more intense workout.
  • RickBriggs
    Options
    I'd like to be vote #5 is it? Bob Harper.