How many MFP friends??

Options
SherryR1971
SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
I have 48, but only about 6-8 that I communicate with on a regular basis...

Replies

• JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Zero, zip, zilch, nada, none. I am accountable only to myself and I like it that way.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I have a "friend" who has over 400. Now does that make sense to anyone????
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Not sure what's the benchmark but who are active are the ones that count. I regularly take our friends who are no more active on MFP, so I can add new ones who can encourage me and vice versa.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I always have about 75...I generally delete 3-5 per week because they bore me or I offend them. Then I say soemthing stupid in the forums which attracks crazy people...then I deny 18 FR and add 2-3 and if they are my kind of crazy I let them stay.
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    I always have about 75...I generally delete 3-5 per week because they bore me or I offend them. Then I say soemthing stupid in the forums which attracks crazy people...then I deny 18 FR and add 2-3 and if they are my kind of crazy I let them stay.

You are one of my forum heros.

I have a dozen or so. I delete inactive as well. Except for my wife because I know why she's inactive. :grumble: :laugh:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options

As someone who has over 900... what about it doesn't make sense? I didn't set out to have that many friends, but I've been active on here a long time, so... Meh. It happens.

I'm closer to some friends than others, sure, but who says you have to be close to everyone on your list? If I get something out of following their posts & activity, or they get something out of following mine, isn't that enough?

You just can't win on here. If you deny FRs, you're a b-word. If you accept them, you're a friend collector. If you delete people, you're mean. If you comment on people's diaries, you're butting in. If you don't, you're unsupportive. Personally, I don't plan on being anyone's nanny and checking their food diaries like they're turning in a homework assignment.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I try to comment on a LOT of my friends progress. I have over 200 friends now, but I am active every day and I will do whatever I can to support those people, even if they don't support me in kind. If I'm deleted, I'll deal with it eventually. I'd love to get to know some of my friends better, but that will just come with time and added dedication. =)
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I have about 6 but 2 of them are personal (we live in same community) go to same gym
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    You just can't win on here. If you deny FRs, you're a b-word. If you accept them, you're a friend collector. If you delete people, you're mean. If you comment on people's diaries, you're butting in. If you don't, you're unsupportive. Personally, I don't plan on being anyone's nanny and checking their food diaries like they're turning in a homework assignment.

You really can't. People have assumed things about me because of my near 300. If you don't accept them you're a jerk. Cut them and you're a monster. Accept them all and.. well you get it.

It's my list. I love my island of misfit toys. Anyone who has a problem with it.. well I really don't care.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

As someone who has over 900... what about it doesn't make sense? I didn't set out to have that many friends, but I've been active on here a long time, so... Meh. It happens.

I'm closer to some friends than others, sure, but who says you have to be close to everyone on your list? If I get something out of following their posts & activity, or they get something out of following mine, isn't that enough?

This, this, and this.

I have almost 300 friends now. I usually don't add anyone. I get a lot of friend requests and I generally accept all of them unless it's someone with a blank profile/picture or someone with an ED.
    I have a group that I interact with a lot and the others are just there. It doesn't bother me. I can't keep up with everyone but I make sure to keep up with the ones that I connect with/like the most. Every so often, I'll go through and delete people who have deactivated or haven't logged in for a long time.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I dont know how many I have I think its 5 pages. I dont count. I add people who ask and who I fond interesting . I delete people who are gone for more than a week .. I for one think you should have as many friends as you want :bigsmile:
  • DangerSass
    DangerSass Posts: 124 Member
    Options

You really can't. People have assumed things about me because of my near 300. If you don't accept them you're a jerk. Cut them and you're a monster. Accept them all and.. well you get it.

It's my list. I love my island of misfit toys. Anyone who has a problem with it.. well I really don't care.

So I'm your toy? SWEET!!!!!!!

I adore my FList and have the most beautifully flawed bunch of awesome horn dogs you can imagine.
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Options

This is why we love you... because you love us misfits! And you're friggin' inspirational to boot!
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    imo (and just IMO) I think anyone who has over 150 is really not being interactive. Thats just me. For me in the 70-75 range is enought to keep me busy and interactive. I prefer not to HIDE anyone. Those of you with over 150-200 I would have to guess you are hiding a ton of ppl.

NOt that there is anything wrong with that, its just not my deal.
  • EastCoast_Girl
    Options
    I never go pass 45-50.....I either get deleted for my dirty mouth or I delete people for not having a sense of humor or just being boring...
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I have 153, goes up and down.
    I enjoy my friends we interact.

I like my sarcastic, humorous bunch of rowdy folks.
    Laughing gets us through this, at least for me it does.
    Oh and it's working.
    *crop dusts and runs out of the room*
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

So I'm your toy? SWEET!!!!!!!

I adore my FList and have the most beautifully flawed bunch of awesome horn dogs you can imagine.

think he will play with us today?
  • Kellybeth16
    Options

This sounds like a challenge
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    imo (and just IMO) I think anyone who has over 150 is really not being interactive. Thats just me. For me in the 70-75 range is enought to keep me busy and interactive. I prefer not to HIDE anyone. Those of you with over 150-200 I would have to guess you are hiding a ton of ppl.

NOt that there is anything wrong with that, its just not my deal.
    Over 200, don't have any hidden, and try to comment on almost everybody's posts during the day. So hard luck, you guessed wrong.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I have 60ish...but I honestly don't care how high the number gets. If people can put up with my crap, they're generally keepers.