How come this happens? Advice!

Options
2»

Replies

• olrog
    olrog Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    To increase your capacity for training use micr intervals. That is run/walk hard for 15 seconds then at a comfortable level for 45 seconds. Do this for at least 20 minutes. As you improve increase the 15 seconds to 20 and decrease the 45 seconds to 40 and so on. It may take several weeks to see significant improvement.

To feel finished at meal's end finish with a sharp taste, for instance a pickle. Sometimes I use a teaspoon of Myers lemon marmalade.
  • pmaxson
    pmaxson Posts: 137
    Options
    I have 'taught' many people to run over the years. the most common mistake is that they run too fast. Endurance is one thing - and you have gotten some great advice on how to build endurance. I would also encourage you to slow down. When I first started running decades ago (!) I walked faster than I ran. But I didn't feel like my heart was going to explode. Combine the advice that you have gotten and see what works for you.

Good luck! You can do it.
  • Alr080389
    Alr080389 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    1. What sort of foods are you eating?
    2. Have a look at some jillion michaels DVDs, available on YouTube
    3. Run more slowly until you build up your ability

I have tried Jillian Michaels. I have her 30 day shred DVD but I do not have the motivation for it. I usually just get irritated with it and turn it off.
  • Alr080389
    Alr080389 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    1) Thanks everyone! Obviously everyone says to eat more protein. I'm not sure if they're 'healthy' but I love the Special K Strawberry Protein Shake. As someone else mentioned, I try not to eat breakfast until I get to work as well.

2) Insanity is wayyyy to expensive for my budget. I have Jillian Michaels but I don't find myself working out as hard as I can if I just put on music and do my own workout. I will look up some of the links that were posted!

3) It sounds like this 'couch to 5/10k' thing is common. I will give it a look. I notice that I run faster or slower depending on my songs. Where I live is nothing but straight up and down hills which makes it difficult as well.

Thanks everyone for all of the avice. If anyone has anymore please keep posting! Feel free to add me and keep in touch.