lose inches not lbs?

Options
For whatever reason, I tend to be very muscular, so when I'm trying to lose weight I lose inches more than lbs--obviously b/c I'm putting on more muscle.

Any recommendations for how to balance this? I'd really like to see the number on the scale fall, even if I'm fitting in my skinny jeans!

Replies

• 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, other than eating low calorie?

Sorry I am unhelpful. Personally, if I was like that I'd be stoked! Muscle weight is where it's at!!!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Losing inches > losing pounds. No one is going to know what the reading of your scale was when they are checking out how good your butt looks in your skinny jeans. If you're losing inches, you're doing it right. The scale weight will drop eventually, but having the inches come off first is a good thing.
  • runrockclimb
    Options
    I wouldn't be worrying about weight if you are loosing inches. Muscle is what you want, besides making you stronger, it burns more calories when you're just sitting and whatever you would do to loose weight would also mean loosing muscle mass. The lbs on a scale are really pretty subjective, go with how you feel and how you look, not you're weight.
    If you are really wanting to loose weight then I would suggest going with long and slow for cardio, and also if you lift weights, go for more reps with lighter weight, that'll help build lean muscle and possibly cut weight while you're at it.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I'm only weighing once more, for reference, when I get to a point that I feel right (and there is no wobble ;)).

The number is completely unimportant for me.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Why the hell would you care more about the lbs than the inches?
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    the same thing happens with me. personally i'm curious to see if i end up being 5'5 180 pounds and wearing a 6 :laugh:
  • strudel82
    strudel82 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Why the hell would you care more about the lbs than the inches?

I don't care about one more than the other. I'd just like to balance it. Both are equally important to me!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Losing inches > losing pounds. No one is going to know what the reading of your scale was when they are checking out how good your butt looks in your skinny jeans. If you're losing inches, you're doing it right. The scale weight will drop eventually, but having the inches come off first is a good thing.

THIS^^^^^
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I am completely puzzled. Who cares about the scale number? Isn't the goal to be firmer/fit into a smaller size. I'd rather look like I weigh <insert smaller number here> than actually weigh that amount.
  • Divamc
    Divamc Posts: 21
    Options
    Woman lose inches before they lose pounds. That's one of the reasons I don't feel bad when the scale falls slowly. I build muscles really fast and I know that smaller muscles weight just as much as bigger fat. I set a goal of what I would like my weight to be, but if I get to the size that I want to be and the scale doesn't hit the number that I want, I'll still be satisfied.