30 Day Shred

Options
Just did first work out..wow do I feel like a wimp...but she assures that it will get easier (just in time to step it to Level 2!)

Tommorrow hubby wants to go to the gym to work out..2 works outs in one day not a good idea???

Replies

• jody2807
    jody2807 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi i done my first day last night I feel ok today ... add me if you want to do it together
  • fodmapper
    Options
    Do you have the DVDs? Can you let me know if they are captioned or not?
  • red051683
    red051683 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Take it easy at the gym... do some weight training... stretching etc., You don't want to over do, or injure yourself to a point your body cannot rest in time for the next work out or create too much 'soreness'.

:)
  • sabinavaughan
    sabinavaughan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    No they aren't captioned, but they do take it somewhat slow...
  • fodmapper
    Options
  • rnhoppe
    rnhoppe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I just started today. It nearly killed me! I did get through it though....with several mini breaks...couldnt catch my breath. I am sore tonight...mostly in my thighs. I hope it gets easier! If anyone wants to help each other through it feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • renkatrun
    renkatrun Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My PT says 6 hours in between. I have been running my regular 6k most days while I do the shred. (I'm on day 27).
  • taaaters
    taaaters Posts: 70
    Options
    I generally come home from the gym (where I spend about 35 - 40 minutes on the elliptical trainer and then about 20 minutes on the weight machine thingies) and get straight into the 30DS as soon as I get home.
  • sarahbeth913
    sarahbeth913 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the 30 day shred. I lost 12 lbs in a month and almost 2 dress sizes! I was doing level 1-3 every day though. I'd do level 3 and 2 in the morning and level 1 at night. The first week though I could only do level 1. She is a beast, isn't she?? I injured my foot in July and doc has made me stay off of it so I've not been able to do her workouts. MY BODY MISSES IT. She's tough but hang in. You won't BELIEVE what it does to your body.
  • Ravin714
    Ravin714 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred?? If so I have them all and Bob Harpers Love Love ALL The Biggest Loser Workouts!! And wow, do they shed the lbs with a healthy diet :-)
  • mmmyotwnz
    mmmyotwnz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow...I have a girls getaway in 7 weeks and I would like to loose a bit and tone the crap out of stomach, arms and glutes. I'm tired of being chicken, everyone has to start somewhere...right?
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    tomorrow will be day 10 on level 1 for me. First cpl days kicked my butt but now I'm doing good. I still do 15-60 minutes of cardio on top of the 30DS. After getting my HRM I realized I wasn't burning a lot during 30DS. I don't want t give it up so I just added some cardio to it.
  • Kacey34
    Kacey34 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Today was my second day and although i was a little sore from yesterday it wasn't bad!
  • OTchic
    OTchic Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    keep it up ladies u wont regret it!!

here are my results

http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=3553605
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    If you are just starting, feel free to add me and we can go thru together!
  • Dimples1975
    Dimples1975 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the 30 day shred. I lost 12 lbs in a month and almost 2 dress sizes! I was doing level 1-3 every day though. I'd do level 3 and 2 in the morning and level 1 at night. The first week though I could only do level 1. She is a beast, isn't she?? I injured my foot in July and doc has made me stay off of it so I've not been able to do her workouts. MY BODY MISSES IT. She's tough but hang in. You won't BELIEVE what it does to your body.

Oh my...you're a beast!!! I don't know if I could do that!!! You're awesome! I did day 2/Level 1. So I sure do hope to see changes in my body after the 30 days. Shye definitely works your butt off-doesn't she?!!
  • rnhoppe
    rnhoppe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Are you guys doing the Shred everyday or taking breaks between days? Today was my first day and I am also doing c25k 3 days a week.
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Keep at it! You will be amazed and impressed with yourself and what you can do compared to your first workout at each level! It's well worth the commitment. I'm doing Ripped in 30 as a followup (which I believe IS captioned).
  • Dimples1975
    Dimples1975 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Are you guys doing the Shred everyday or taking breaks between days? Today was my first day and I am also doing c25k 3 days a week.

Doing it everyday!
  • sabinavaughan
    sabinavaughan Posts: 109 Member
    Options

I had planned to do it everyday till I hurt myself...uggg...and I talked to my trainer that I had years ago and he knows of my injury (its an ongoing stupid thing) he suggests every second day with a cardio in between....I am going to follow his advice cause he helped me through it alot before....Let us
    know how your doing!