losing more than 2lbs a week!

Options
So, Im sticking to 1550 calories a day and working out everyday.. I am bigger 275lbs and I went from 280.2lbs about 6 days ago to 275.4.. is this safe or okay? Am I doing something wrong?? Help!! :frown:

Replies

• VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    That happened to me. It's probably water weight you are losing. I'm on my third week now and weight loss is tapering a little bit.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Yes! Your first week (sometimes more) you will lose more weight...it is generally accepted to be water weight. Just keep it up and you will probably regulate out. Some weeks I'll lose half a pound and some weeks I lose 3. Our bodies are fickle beings but as long as you're eating enough and working out and doing this the right way, you should be fine!
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Did you just start? Sometimes in the begining it falls off alot faster. Are you eating back your excersize calories?
  • spicyginger2006
    spicyginger2006 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    can i look at your diary? when i first started to lose weight last summer i wasn't even counting cals, but didnt have a car, so i biked everywhere. I lost 9 lbs in one week!!

since re-starting i lost 4lbs in my first week. i think this is normal and will go to about 2 lbs after your first week.
  • DISAdam
    DISAdam Posts: 1
    Options
    Its probably fine. When you create a calorie deficit and begin exercising you tend to loose "water weight" in the first few weeks. I experienced this in my first 2 weeks (I think I lost 5 lbs my first week) at it and then it normalized to my weight loss goal. If the loss continues at this rate after a few weeks, then start asking some more questions and look at your calorie deficit vs. what your body needs to maintain.
  • HannahK08
    HannahK08 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sure! Its open for everyone I think lol
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    It's not open hun.
    I'm sure if you've just started it would be water retention weight so yes, this is safe and completely normal. Just don't keep expecting those numbers in a week or two.
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I also believe the heavier we are or more weight we have to lose, we lose it faster or more of it out of the gates when we first start. If that makes sense. I know...I've lost 62lbs to date, the majority before MFP and found early on it was easy...now that I have 25-30lbs to go, its tough!

Keep doing whatever your doing as long as you feel well.
  • seximami79
    seximami79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    happened to me too, but I noticed I was pooping and peeing more consistantly as I worked out and ate better...
  • NoMoreJellyRolls
    Options
    Its safe as long as your doing it right. No diet pills, no skipping meals, etc.
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I lost a ton of weight in the first month. After that it slowed to a normal pace.
  • changling82
    changling82 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I easily lost around 5 pounds a week when i first started out at 278. It's normal when you are heavier. It will taper off. Now i'm lucky if i get 5 pounds off in a month!