Hi, newbie here 1st time posting

Options
Hi, 51 yr old female trying to lose the 70+ pounds gained over the last 3 years since the death of our youngest son. Trying to get out and walk more, could really use some motivation. My foster daughter talked me into posting and seeking out friends to help me in my journey. Thanks

Replies

• moaniecracker
    Options
    Wow. Very, very sorry to hear about your son's death. A parent should never have to bury their child. In the last 9 years I have lost a mom, sister, and grandmother, so I know exactly what you are feeling. I understand the need to turn to food for comfort, and I may have some helpful tips in resisting those urges. You have my support, you CAN do this and you will feel better!
  • KristaWeiss
    KristaWeiss Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    so sorry for your loss but we can help you!
  • emelisaperez
    Options
    Sorry for your loss... and I'm glad you are looking for motivation. I am too. It's hard to find someone to talk to about daily weight loss stuff... like what should i eat under 400 calories today... what motivates you?
  • sparknotes
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your son...I cannot imagine. I just started a couple weeks ago. I had gained back 60 of the 75 I had lost several years ago after an unhappy marriage and a difficult divorce. Its crazy that we turn to food for comfort when it only makes us feel worse after! But...I'm thrilled I started here and I think the support is what makes it so successful! I'm in it with you! Nice to meet you!
  • LJSchmitt
    LJSchmitt Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. But posting the 1st time is a great big step toward your goal. Add me and I'll do my best to keep you motivated. And, I'll look to you for help when I get a bit down on self. Linda
  • Cletusg22
    Options
    Good luck to you, and people will help motivate you when you need it. Hang in there, and do this for yourself. GOOD LUCK!!!
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your loss i know it's hard i lost my mother in law unexpected,and a cousin and aunt all 2 moths apart,my annt & mother in law were a day apart,it's been a rough summer.But i know you can do this and we are here for you, you will get lots of support.
  • WABeachWalker
    WABeachWalker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am glad you've come to MFP and want support. You will find friends and support on this site along with the mfp goals to help keep you on track. You can friend me if you'd like.

:smile:
  • tlnurse
    tlnurse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hi.....so sorry to hear about your loss. We all gain weight for different reasons...sometimes during negative stressful situations....and also sometimes during "happy" situations (ie newlyweds who get "fat and happy").

The weight loss journey will be the same.....and the support here will definitely help you!

It's most important to log on EVERYDAY and log EVERYTHING...good days and bad food wise and also your exercise!

Feel free to add me....we can support each other!:flowerforyou:
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your son. Welcome to MFP though. It's a great place to meet new people and get yourself on track. Friend request sent.
  • paytonamy
    Options
    Losing a family member is hard and discouraging. I know you are looking for ways to keep yourself busy, and you have come to the right place for encouragement and support. This group of people knows about tragedy, loss, successes and failures. We have all experienced one or more of them, sometimes in the same day.

Don't give up on yourself, as you need to be healthy for your family. I know exercise helps to relieve the sadness and stress of my life, and I love the feeling I have when I complete a great workout. So get up each day and be greatful you can still be around for your loved ones. Next, get out of bed and make a plan to go for a ten minute walk. That's all you need to do. Just start, and the rest will come.

Add me as a friend, and tell me you went for it!!!!!!!!

Also, if anyone else wants to be friends, I would love it. I currently have one friend, and I need more! I'm getting lonely here all by myself, and my self motivational speeches are getting old. :heart: