Hairy Dieters recipes.... Any good?

Options

Replies

• tartengirl
    tartengirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I made the chicken korma and it was amazing.
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    I love the book it is amazing and I have eaten quite a few of their recipes and they were all delicious! Invest in it for sure!
  • Kathrynha77
    Kathrynha77 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    The book is on my Christmas list.

The lasagne is a great idea, but I'm allergic to leeks, so planning on using thinly sliced aubergine or corgette instead.
    The pies are definately on my list of things to try too.
  • tracym22
    tracym22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Those chilli salad bowls looked amazing! The book is £11.99 in wh smiths didn't realise asda had it for £7 will have to check it out.
  • tcalamity
    tcalamity Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love the Hairy Bikers!!! I made he skinny lasagne - but made it with quorn mince( I don't eat beef) which made it even less calories. I think they had some great ideas.
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I loved the series and the weight just seemed to fall off them, the series was over too quickly though! xx
  • slowspud
    slowspud Posts: 13
    Options
    I went to the bbc website and saved the recipes into my favourites folder so they are there any time I want to do them. xx
  • juggerlugs
    Options
    The pies taste better using Filo pastry instead of pizza base, that is of course if you prefer a flaky pastry.
  • SouthernSkylark
    SouthernSkylark Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    The book people say they will have it back on stock from 9th Sept and it is only £4.99!
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I made the skinny cupcakes from the website and they were lovely, though still 167 calories a pop!
  • ajfc1971
    ajfc1971 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    oh mad someone in work was talking about it saying how they are doing skinny recipes. Will have to go on the BBC food website and fine out a few.
  • scottishsenorita
    Options
    I've made the Italian meatballs in chunky tomato sauce and the Spanish chicken bake. Both were yummy!
  • juggerlugs
    Options
    Spanish style chicken bake from the book for tonights evening meal and it was bloomin marvellous, will be cooking that one again, easy to make too.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options
    They had it in at my local Asda last week... one short sighted old dear picked up a copy, and asked me to sign it for her... She was convinced that I was Si... despite a total lack of Geordie Accent on my part :laugh:
  • helenld1
    helenld1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Got my book on Thursday and so far have done the Sweet and Sour Chicken - thumbs up from me and the non dieting hubbie.

Today trying the pies and lasagne.

What appealed to me about the book was that it caters for "proper"meals. What I mean by that is a meal I can cook both me and my husband without having to faff around changing it so it fills him up whilst is good for me still. Even my husband likes the look of recipes (who do you reckon asked for the pies today? :wink: )
  • blitzie
    blitzie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I made the cheese,onion & leek pasties, did use twice as much cheese than stated, but they still came under 300 cals each & were delicious & filling,was going to freeze some but the family loved them too lol
  • juggerlugs
    Options
    On the scales yesterday morning and It appears I have lost half a stone, I'm delighted but it's a long way to go. This has been achieved mainly sticking to the Hairy Dieters recipes in their book without too much excersising. The book seems to be working for me and proved to be my best buy yet.

28639391.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Joannespibey
    Joannespibey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've had the book for the past month and i love the recipes! its the most amazing cook book i have ever owned i love planning what im going to eat and fine i still have enough for there yummy cakes this week its Swiss roll with my afternoon coffee!
    I've tried quite a few and so far both the hubbie and my son have loved all the cooking, not one recipe has been a dud, today i had the stuffed peppers (with feta sun dried toms mushrooms and hazelnuts -yummy yummy) and cottage pie for tea. i never knew dieting could taste so good!
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    They had it in at my local Asda last week... one short sighted old dear picked up a copy, and asked me to sign it for her... She was convinced that I was Si... despite a total lack of Geordie Accent on my part :laugh:

Hahaha, love it! Now I could understand it if it was Billy Connolly's autobiography or something!

I've got the book - in my local Tesco for £7.46, so far made Paprika Chicken and Chicken Jalfrezi - both were very tasty indeed, but did involve a certain amount of "faffing" so not super quick teas (or dinner if you're posh!!) . Have the italian meatballs earmarked for my next try out. Plenty in there to keep me going for a while, and I'm a cookbook-a-holic!!!
  • Richardcag
    Richardcag Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Try the Lamb, Potato and Spinach curry. It is amazing.