Fat girl in a swim suit

Options
12346»

Replies

• suziemasterman
    Options
    Talk to your BF about it before going. It's his family, it'll go better if he sticks up for you rather than you needing to stick up for yourself. And, if you're thinking of staying wieth this guy, develop a thick skin. They're not going to change. Hold your head up high and know you are beautiful. And you scars, they are warrier wounds- means you are one tough chick!
    Enjoy the vaca
  • xnikkixsikkix
    Options
    I was a size 18 last year, so I totally feel your pain. I got a slimming skirted swimsuit from Lord & Taylor's and it works wonders! I felt good and looked good in it. They have hundreds of options too, many of them stylish and not at all the typical mom look you would expect.

I totally had and still have major issues with how I look, especially around judgmental people (ie: my own family), ignore any comments and try to have fun!
  • davegruper
    davegruper Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I believe its much more important to know that you are heading in the right direction and taking steps to improve your health. You should be prooud of the steps your taking is this area. If your weight is more important than your direction to your BF family, then its their problem..not yours. We all can't be in the perfect spot 100% of the time, because life happens.
  • Peteshaped
    Peteshaped Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The simple facts are these:

* You are a beautiful person
    * Your body is just the thing you use to transport yourself around.
    * Being beautiful to your BF and to yourself are the only things that matter
    * Wear what you want - if your BF's family choose to judge you (to your face, or not), it will simply prove how much less beautiful THEY are as people - no matter how your bodies compare on some idealogical tick-sheet of "beautiful".

YOU are working to improve your health, not their image of you. Forget their opinions - they count for nothing.

Chin up and walk tall as the beautiful person you are.
  • stephmo86
    Options
    lane bryant has nice fitting swimsuits for women who aren't twigs. I love it. and get a wrap for the beach. I cover my thighs when I'm laying out too, I'm just considered modest. Really, I'm just not comfortable. Just be confident, and know that almost every other woman also has some doubts about the way she looks in a swimsuit, you just gotta fake the confidence til it comes:-) Good luck!
  • TheChocolatePrincess
    TheChocolatePrincess Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Check out newport-news.com

They have some cute swimsuits that don't look like "old lady" skirt suits, but have skirted bottoms that are really quite flattering and perfect for days on the boat. They aren't cheap, but they are worth the investment.

Also, a cute tankini and denim shorts, maxi dresses, etc.

You can do it...Hold your head up high and bring a couple of bottles of skinny girl margarita with you. Have fun!
  • serenitynowww
    Options
    GIRL! You look fantastic in the picture you posted (really and truly). From the picture you painted in the original post I was expecting someone much larger.

That suit is super cute and you look super hot in it. Get yourself a colorful sarong to wrap around your bottom half if you want to cover the scars, but honestly, you do not need anything to cover up that body as you're gorgeous. I WISH I looked that good in a swimsuit, haha.
  • sourberry
    Options
    Hun, you have nothing to worry about - you look perfectly curvy and absolutely gorgeous and your swimsuit is super flattering. Rock it and enjoy your vacation!
  • Beardimino
    Options
    Go with the intentions of having a great time, I would like to think by inviting you you have already been excepted by his family. alot of ROMANCE w/ your BF will make things stressful. Have a great time and no time for worries!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :heart: