low-carb dieting

Options
I am currently on the south beach diet. I was curious to see how the "low-carb" diet would translate into calories. You so not worry about calories in low-carb dieting. Anyway, my first day on here was our freebie day where we eat whatever we want for one meal. I can not believe how high my calories were. WOW. Anyway, if anyone has quick and easy low carb meals let me know!!!

Replies

• katenyc112
    Options
    hey sry but how do u post things on the message boards?
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Do some wraps using wraps by La Tortilla company. You can find them in the natural food section of your grocery store. They have several low carb / high fiber wrap flavors. They are AWESOME!!!! I wish I could still eat them. I really miss them. I was recently diagnosed with a wheat allergy. :cry: :frown: :sad: :sad: :sad: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart:
  • miaangel345
    Options
    I'm not too familiar with South Beach, is there only a limit on carbs or fat as well? how many of each are u allowed?
  • jhodge
    jhodge Posts: 5
    Options
    The nice thing about the south beach diet is that you do not really count anything. You have certain foods that are allowed and not allowed. I like it because it simplifies things and I can just worry about buying all the things we are allowed to eat. I love this website, too. It is really easy to punch in everything I ate and see the carbs and calories I am eating. I also avoid wheat. i can eat it if I really want, but I avoid it because it make me feel terrible. Have you ever tried the ezekial 4:9 bread? I love that stuff. It is a really nice alternative to whole grain bread and you can find it in health food stores.
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the ezekial 4:9 bread. I was told to try Udi breads :heart: them!!!! I haven't found a low carb wheat free bread or wrap though. La Tortilla makes a "gluten-free" wrap that tastes pretty good.
    I'll have to try the ezekial 4:9 bread next time I buy bread.