It's OKAY for it to be about you.................

Options
2»

Replies

• confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Totally agree!!!!!
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have always taken my hour!! I get off work at 4, head to the free gym at work til 5 then go to get my kids. They have to be picked up by 5:30. Then we do the family thing the rest of the night :) It makes mommy a better person to unwind after work before picking the kiddies up.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Agree! I may not have an hour at a time with my little ones, but I take what I can to make it to an hour of ME time daily.

I do have to add though, that my husband is willing and supportive in letting me do this. Some SAHM's don't have a supportive husband/partner. So they have to get creative...
  • missmayeb
    missmayeb Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I really need to force myself to do this, I am a YES person, to everyone. Plus my hubs owns a landscaping business so they are working overtime and dealing with the heat of the summer and hurricanes, like Issac, so I feel bad asking for some me time. I know I need it and my doctor said I need to force it but it doesn't feel natural because for so long I have been saying yes.

Just have to find a happy balance I suppose. :ohwell:
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Took me a long time to realize this and to stop the guilty feelings when I was taking "me" time. But now that my kids are 10 and 14 I tell them all the time that my "me" time is very important. And they seem to get it. Sometimes, SOMETIMES, the 10 year old will ht upset because I've taken myself to a movie or out for dinner and I don't ask them to join me but I tell them TOUGH lol
  • gazz777au
    gazz777au Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    For at least an hour a day.
    Yeah, yeah you have all these responsibilities to do daily, but I'm telling you that taking an hour a day for yourself isn't selfish.............it's self preservation. I've had to force my DW to do it when we met and it's brought her blood pressure down and balanced her life out more.
    Don't feel guilty. I've seen way to many SAHM's go off on their kids and SO when they don't have a least a hour to themselves. And vice versa. Unwind, workout, read a book, meditate, what ever you need to do to find an hour for yourself.

Carry on.
    SAHD here (presently) .... same rule ??? ..... but ..... but .....
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Absolutely true!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Now to get others to agree...
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Yes, that goes for you, too, Papa Bear. :wink:
  • Morethanwillpower12
    Morethanwillpower12 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Almost exactly what I told a coworker yesterday who complimented me on my weight loss but said she just didn't have time to exercise like I did. I told her how much better I feel physically and mentally when I exercise and that it is okay for me to be just a little selfish and take just 60 minutes per day 5 days per week for no one else but ME! I am happier because I do it, my kids are happier because I do it, my boyfriend is happier because I do it.......in the long run being a little selfish with my time 300 minutes a week has made me a better person overall. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    Yeah, yeah you have all these responsibilities to do daily, but I'm telling you that taking an hour a day for yourself isn't selfish.............it's self preservation. I've had to force my DW to do it when we met and it's brought her blood pressure down and balanced her life out more.
    Don't feel guilty. I've seen way to many SAHM's go off on their kids and SO when they don't have a least a hour to themselves. And vice versa. Unwind, workout, read a book, meditate, what ever you need to do to find an hour for yourself.

Carry on.
    I'm an SAHD too. Lol, trust me when I say I get more than an hour..............:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • HappyHag
    HappyHag Posts: 20
    Options
    My hubby is very fond of saying, "If Momma ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy!"
  • kandienicole
    Options
    AMEN!!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    making it 'about you' for an hour a day, is making yourself the lead role in your own life.

that ONE HOUR enables you to be the best you that you can be and therefore able to help others in a much better capacity.

So even when youre doing it just for yourself, everyone else is still benefiting.

unless they are selfish whiny tools and then, really, who cares.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Great topic, Joe!! Everyone needs "me" time. It's more challenging to carve out that hour a day (or more, I need more!) when you have kids or a very demanding job, but it is necessary.
  • Cassie8877
    Cassie8877 Posts: 177
    Options

Carry on.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Love this!!! I wish i had an hour to myself! I have maybe 15 -20 mins and thats just before i pass out at night lol.. even tho i work all day long i still am around people and i dont have time to let my head n mind just to clear and totally relax!