Is Greek yogurt better for you? Tastier?

Options
2»

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I love Greek yogurt and also plain yogurt. Full of protein!! I prefer the Fage 2% Total plain, but it is pricey at $1.79 a carton (cheapest I can find it!).

Oikos is good too, it's on sale for $1 each at Kroger this week if anyone lives near a Kroger. And then it prints out a coupon for $1 off your next purchase of Oikos so you can get a free one the next time. :bigsmile:

I like the plain Dannon yogurt or Meijer brand also. You can strain off some of the liquid (use a coffee filter!) and it tastes more like Greek yogurt.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I LOVE hungry-girls Buffalo Chicken dip made with Fage 0% greek yogurt. If that is something you're interested in - let me know - and I'l post it!

Vanilla :)
    Would love to have you post the recipe
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I love Greek yogurt and also plain yogurt. Full of protein!! I prefer the Fage 2% Total plain, but it is pricey at $1.79 a carton (cheapest I can find it!).

Oikos is good too, it's on sale for $1 each at Kroger this week if anyone lives near a Kroger. And then it prints out a coupon for $1 off your next purchase of Oikos so you can get a free one the next time. :bigsmile:

I like the plain Dannon yogurt or Meijer brand also. You can strain off some of the liquid (use a coffee filter!) and it tastes more like Greek yogurt.

:drinker: Thanks Jess great idea on the straining with the coffee filter trick on the plain yogurt! Looking forward to trying that out!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I LOVE hungry-girls Buffalo Chicken dip made with Fage 0% greek yogurt. If that is something you're interested in - let me know - and I'l post it!

Vanilla :)
    Would love to have you post the recipe

Oh thanks Vanillagirl for that recipe :happy:
  • guamchar
    guamchar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It's all personal preferences, but I don't like Greek yogurt (the taste or the cottage cheese like consistency). I really like any other non-Greek yogurts. My advice is to spend $1 and buy a small container of it. Oikos brand (don't know about the others) is located next to the regular yogurt in most grocery stores. Good luck, and let us know if you like it.