tall girls...do they exist?

Replies

• Woo hoo! Tall girls unite! I think the hardest thing for us is to realize that when you're our height, you can't weigh 110 punds like eveybody else! Well, you can, but then somebody will be wanting to question your eating habits. One of my best friends is 6'2" and she weighs 160, Can we say model thin? The thing you have to take into consideration is your overall body type. She has what may be termed as a boy build, slender hips, no rear and small chested. She use to weigh 300 lbs. When you look at pictures of her then, you wouldn't think she weighed that much. She overweght sure, but it doesn't look like 140 pounds worth. Now put that amount of weight on a girl who is 5'2". Woo hee! Yep that's a big difference!

I'm 5'10',large framed and curvy. Yep, a nightmare in the fashion world. Trying to get a pair of jeans that fit is a pain in the boo-tay!
    Legs are too short, gaps in the waist, tight in the thighs. Even the jeans that are "made" for full figured women, (which is what I currently am), don't fit. Blargh!

So, to all my TALL sisters, keep the faith, let's get in right shape for our height and bone structure, and if you find a pair of jeans that fits, share the love and the brand name!
  • michelleesther
    michelleesther Posts: 72 Member
    Hi, I'm 5'8", large frame, about 200lbs. Trying to lose about 60 more lbs.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,552 Member
    5'9" so you can add me if you would like
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    5'11 goal is 170 or 18% bodyfat, whichever comes first :)
  • I'm 5' 8" tall enough?
  • 5'9" and BMI charts say I'm obese - argh!
  • I'm almost 5'11". Feel free to add! I would love to be able to commiserate with someone over the weight to height thing.
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    6' tall as well, looking to get between 180 and 190! Feel free to add me!
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    I'm 5'9! Feel free to add me! I need more friends closer to "my size".
  • mandilwebb
    mandilwebb Posts: 13 Member
    5'9" here and loving it. Nice to be in such grand amazon woman company- I feel right at home :)
  • Just over 6 ft here. Glad to see someone else comment that it requires more weight loss to drop sizes, etc.

Exactly why I wanted to find others.
  • All4Tris
    All4Tris Posts: 215 Member
    5'9" :)
  • I'm 5ft 10- currently 145lbs but i don't carry my weight v well. I'm all hips and tummy so am going to keep going until I'm happy. Always welcome friend requests, esp from my timeframe (UK)
  • jenjersnapco
    jenjersnapco Posts: 206 Member
    I am 5'9" and wish I were taller! It feels like I carry my length all in my torso and have short, stumpy legs. To be 5'9" with stumpy legs is tragic. ;-). Feel free to add me.
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    I'm 6'0"! feel free to add me :)
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    I am only 5' 8" =/ I have always wanted to be 6 feet lol. I have a stumpy torso lol
  • OhLibra
    OhLibra Posts: 221 Member
    I'm 5'9.5" - I always say I'm 5'10".
  • worldhurdler
    worldhurdler Posts: 153 Member
    Hi! I'm 6'0" and currently 162lbs (down from HW of 214lbs).
    I'm pretty happy where I am; focusing on weights and maybe getting down to around 155lbs.
    It'd also be nice to have a size 8 the largest size I wear (currently an 8/10).
    If anyone wants to be friends, just send me a message!
  • demitraknows
    demitraknows Posts: 82 Member
    I am 5'11 with thighs that are so hard to trim down. I'm not giving up though :)
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    I'm 5'11". You can add me as a friend if you like.
  • I'm 5'11", which is why even at 230 lbs. I don't feel like I look THAT bad....but I certainly don't look that good either, lol. Thus why I'm here.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    I'm 5'9" although I feel pretty average due to my family all being tall, both the women and the men.
  • mminor77
    mminor77 Posts: 313
    <
    5'10" Feel free to add me!!
  • Torill_D
    Torill_D Posts: 13
    I am 170 cm. (5'7)
    That's tall for where I grew up in the north since most the girls in my home town is around 160 cm (5'3).
    So I always felt like the tall, big elephant in the crowd.
    Then I moved down south and suddenly I was normal, even a bit shorter than some. :-)

I started working out and eating better this year after ten years of lazy life.
    Planning to loose 25 kg. (55 lbs)
    Lost 12 kg so far. (26.5 lbs)
  • Add me too!!!! I'm 6'1 and would love some equally tall friends!!!!
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    I was 6'1" last year, but have now shrunk down to 5'11"......Hello Pre-Menopause, MUST u take my height??? LOL But I have been at least 6' since high school (20+ years ago) so it's OK with me to shrink a bit :0)
  • pati76
    pati76 Posts: 1
    I am 5'11 and love my height especially because we can hide a bit our weight problem.....
  • Jkelly1221
    Jkelly1221 Posts: 91 Member
    I am 5'9". My starting weight was 224 lbs, currently I am at 168! I am shooting for about 145!
  • PoisonDartFrog
    PoisonDartFrog Posts: 220 Member
    I'm 5'8' also, and never considered myself short before today.
  • ellebish
    ellebish Posts: 50 Member
    Hey Ladies - I am 5'9 and would LOVE some more friends that are the same height with similiar goals. Makes it easy to relate to struggles, ect!!

Please feel free to add me :wink: