color run atlanta 2013

Options
woo hoo! just entered my info to get updated on color run 2012!!! looks like so much fun! can't wait! anyone doing it? inerested? thecolorrun.com

Replies

• Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO!!! u go girl :)
  • Asha0714
    Asha0714 Posts: 88
    Options
    A bunch of my friends just did the Color Me Rad race. It looked so awesome, I'm sad I missed it. I'm definitely doing it next year! Have fun!

http://www.colormerad.com/about.html
  • rcs7058
    rcs7058 Posts: 25
    Options
    I just did the Color Me Rad 5K in Pittsburgh this past weekend! It was awesome!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give this serious consideration. Never ran a 5k before but this looks like a blast!
  • TooHott2Trott
    TooHott2Trott Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I did the second Color Run this year in Atlanta.... IT WAS AWESOME!!!!! My first 5K. Can't wait to do it next year!
  • Jbadiam
    Jbadiam Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TooHott2Trott
    TooHott2Trott Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give this serious consideration. Never ran a 5k before but this looks like a blast!

To be honest....it wasn't one of those super competetive type races. I don't even think that it's timed. I think it's the perfect first 5K.... Just be prepared to have colorful body parts where you shouldn't....
  • rcs7058
    rcs7058 Posts: 25
    Options
    Yea they do not time you at all, it's all for fun. My mom and I even walked some of it because there was so many people and it was hard to get around all the walkers. But it's not a competitive run at all.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Its fun but hardly a race. They allow strollers for goodness sake. However, the website says the color is harmless....WRONG, it stained my clothes and did not wash out of my hair!!!!
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I wanted to do the ATL color run so badly this year! When I went to sign up it was all sold out! I hope to do it next year though..
  • tbskipp
    tbskipp Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    woo hoo! just entered my info to get updated on color run 2012!!! looks like so much fun! can't wait! anyone doing it? inerested? thecolorrun.com

That looks like so much fun! I just clicked on the lilnk, didn't see a date for the Atlanta race. Do you know when it will be?
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    I just finished Albuquerque's Color Run last Saturday...it was AMAZING!!! (My scalp is still dyed pink though).
  • Asha0714
    Asha0714 Posts: 88
    Options
    I just did the Color Me Rad 5K in Pittsburgh this past weekend! It was awesome!!

Yep, that's what I'm talking about! I wish i would have thought about it sooner.
  • dbevisjr
    dbevisjr Posts: 183
    Options
    Planning to do the run in Orlando this December.
  • jdsmom0104
    jdsmom0104 Posts: 236
    Options

That looks like so much fun! I just clicked on the lilnk, didn't see a date for the Atlanta race. Do you know when it will be?

i believe it's spring time 2013
  • jdsmom0104
    Options
    :drinker:
    Planning to do the run in Orlando this December.
  • jdsmom0104
    Options
    im def not the kinda girl who likes to get her hair even wet, so my hair will be super guarded!! :laugh: it's not timed & non competitive as several have said. it just looks like a great time & i'm def lookin fwd to it... although, i dont wanna do it alone (no 1 i know- yet) would do it with me, so inbox me if ur interested in joining me
  • rachelmorgan77
    rachelmorgan77 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I did the one in Omaha...just a few pointers for you.
    * It is not timed, and it's not competitive - if you're competitive, don't do it - you'll be irritated!
    * You don't line up according to times, so you will be released in waves. Here's the thing - we lined up really early to go in the second wave and get done quickly (it was bleeping hot out there). If you line up early, you'll get smooshed with the crowd of people and have to stand in line forever (one lady actually fainted it was so hot). If you wait and line up near the back, you'll be waiting a long time to be released to run (as we were finishing they were still releasing waves).
    * Have a hydration plan. Ours ran out of water after our wave (the second one) went through. We're talking 13,000 people - and they ran out of water. And did I mention it was HOT?
    *Be careful and aware of parking. Once again - 13,000 people - that's a lot of people all trying to get in and out of the parking lot at the same time!

That being said, it's a fun run, and kids have a great time at it. It would be an awesome one to do your first 5K at - there's people cheering along the way and the color breaks up the run.
  • smgprince
    smgprince Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I found out about 2012's race in Atlanta after the fact! I'll definitely be running in 2013. I remember seeing the dye on the streets for a week or so after the race.
  • char_char_piper
    Options
    I'm doing Color Me Rad in Denver on Sept. 29th. Anyone else in Denver who is running or would like to join my team should add me!! We're looking forward to having lotsa fun!!

27783872.png